fbpx

Report Windstone Fakes/Knock offs/Infringment Pls read first

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Report Windstone Fakes/Knock offs/Infringment Pls read first

Viewing 15 posts - 661 through 675 (of 1,070 total)
  • Author
    Amy
    Participant

The seller is now trying to pass off that recast dragon as a test paint piece. For shame XP

fatalbeauty
      Participant

The seller is now trying to pass off that recast dragon as a test paint piece. For shame XP

I saw that and specifically told them that it was not, explained why it’s not and nothing changed, they know what it is, they’re just trying to catch a goober….

and honestly, I think the person saying it in the question is a friend of theirs, the grammar is terrible and anyone knows it’s not a special piece….

4 things I'm looking for:
        1. Mother Meerkat
        2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
        3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
        4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Chloe
        Participant

I reported it to John, so I am trusting him to take care of it.

It is really a shame for someone to do this after being told they were wrong. It casts a shadow of doubt on the rest of us honest people on eBay. Shame, shame, shame.

Grayfire_artz
          Participant

hrrrmmm if it is a repaint and not a resculpt I hope someone is after he to restore her… she would need a lot of stripping that paint looks gobbed on…

Hannah
            Participant

I am almost certain that this is not a repaint, but a reproduction. If you look closely at the bottom edges (most prominently in the picture that shows the Pena signature, and the one where you can see the hole in the bottom) they are warped and look like they’ve been crudely scraped, as if taken out of a mold (or from a badly made mold).

I am really turned off by the fact that this person is not only NOT listening to people who know what theyre talking about, but that either someone who had no idea what they were talking about or a friend, as was mentioned earlier, made up all this hogwash about it being a test paint.

I have considered sending them a message but I figure at this point it would be a waste of time. I hope something can be done about it though :/

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
              Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

fatalbeauty
              Participant

it was killed…”This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available” yey!

4 things I'm looking for:
                1. Mother Meerkat
                2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
                3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
                4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Chloe
                Participant

Okay, I think this is really gray area….but doesn’t this sculpt look a lot like the mother dragon pose???? Should something like this be reported, or am I nitpicky????

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Laying-Winged-Dragon-Statue-Terracotta-and-Green-/120916715284?pt=Art_Sculpture&hash=item1c2732a714

I mean, you would NEVER confuse it for a Windstone, but does the pose resemble Melody’s too closely??

Amy
                  Participant

I think that one’s alright. I mean, other artists are allowed to sculpt a dragon laying down…

Hannah
                    Participant

Good catch, 4dragonlove! You should definitely email John about this one.

Yes, artists are allowed to sculpt dragons laying down, but this one is pretty obvious that they were staring directly at a Windstone Mother dragon while sculpting (even the tail has just the same shape!), and I think this does fall under trade dress or copyright infringement.

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
                      Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Chloe
                      Participant

Yes, John said “We do need to do something about this outfit.”

Thanks for the reinforcement, I thought the sculpt looked too darn close.

Kelsey
                        Participant
                          sarah
                          Participant

Okay good I was getting ready to if someone hadn’t good lord what are those plastic teddy bear eyes >_>;;;

Nina
                            Participant

I just emailed john this link….
                              http://www.ebay.com/itm/WINDSTONE-M-PENA-EDITIONS-BLACK-GOLD-MOTHER-SLEEPING-DRAGON-/180893795292?pt=UK_Collectables_AnimalCollectables_SM&hash=item2a1e1c43dc

yuck that is one bad reproduced dragon. Looks like concert maybe & they are calling it black gold LOL look at the eyes LOL looks like they glued plastic eyes on top of the others 😛

Pam
                                Lupuslunae
                                Participant

Found an interesting thing: http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLUE-EYED-MOTHER-DRAGON-PENA-1985-/160820140372?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2571a09954

It looks like a real mother dragon to me, but the blue eyes? I know people can replace the eyes, but maybe it’s just the fuzzy pictures, but her gold details look real sloppy while the rest of her looks quite nice for an old green. But she has a green felt base, see in last picture. Quite a mix of strange features, I am not sure what to think about her.

Viewing 15 posts - 661 through 675 (of 1,070 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.