fbpx

Repairs I – Look for updates in new Repair II thread

Home Forums Windstone Editions Repairs Repairs I – Look for updates in new Repair II thread

Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 470 total)
  • Author

Umm..DM, the dragon has no genitals…therefore how do YOU know it’s a HE?? Just because he was saddled with a title that is masculine, doesn’t follow that the dragon is male, it could be neuter…or even hemaphodite. Also, if we choose to call it female, then it’s female, who cares what the sculpture is called!

Melody has said in the past that the gender of a sculpture is whatever WE perceive it to be, regardless of what she intended it to be when she sculpted it. So please, give it a rest. After all, it really isn’t important, if we’re going to argue about something, at least make it a subject with a bit more import than what gender people think a sculpture should or shouldn’t be. Oy!

Also, I’ve asked before, if you want to argue about this, open YOUR own thread about it, and quit eating up my thread with this nonsense! Yeah, I’m getting annoyed. Love ya anyway though, so don’t get your underpants in a twist. ๐Ÿ™‚

Kyrin

Leigha
    Participant

Kyrin! You know what I just realized! She reminds me a lot like the pink dragon in my signature…now I need a light blue one to go with her! That’d be so awesome… @.@

okay, where I am at…

This week the plan is to get all of Stephanie’s items, Drgnlvrs, Laphon’s, and the PYO commission for Kitsunelady all done…there will be delays on things that require paint from the factory, I have a lot of the colors already, the big color missing right now causing the biggest hitch is the emerald greens…those two colors can not be matched with anything but Windstone colors, trust me, I’ve tried.

Drgnlvr, your little items are done, the wizard’s little dragon is giving me conniptions, boy oh boy is he missing some huge (on him) tail sections. Anyway, I am slowly rebuilding him.

I’m also looking at the rest of my pile, Mmloda’s Emp, Leigha’s white spectral, a few for 2huberts, the young uni, and a few others that showed up a couple days ago

I have been making progress, it’s going to be weird when the pile all goes away all at once…but it is looking like that is how it will happen. I’ve got sculpts with post it notes on the bottoms and scattered all in my book shelves next to my work station…I really think I need to install some shelves for them.

Anyway, I will keep at it, sorry if it seems slow.

But last week I sent out Leigha’s dragon and Amanda got hers as well! So there has been progress!

Also looking at what I have here, most of it is now at the, okay I need paint stage.

Kyrin

Setsunawolf
      Participant

Did you get egg paint for my hatchers? I just didn’t see a mention of either them on the list or still waiting for their paint. No Rush, i was just wondering where they were in the queue or paint limbo ๐Ÿ˜†

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
        Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
        Sun Dragon Koi #3

setsunawolf wrote:

Did you get egg paint for my hatchers? I just didn’t see a mention of either them on the list or still waiting for their paint. No Rush, i was just wondering where they were in the queue or paint limbo ๐Ÿ˜†

You were mentioned, I just forgot your name…I have the egg paint, one of your hatchers is done…the other I have to locate…worry not, it is safe…in a box…somewhere among all the other boxes! LOL! I’ll find it sooner or later!

Kyrin

Did you get the gargoyle yet?

PaperCut wrote:

Yes…I am thinking it is pretty cool as it is, so I am going to repair the wings, and then repaint it, but leave all the weathering and cracks it got just the way they are. It just looks neat..I plan to take some good pictures of it first though, and do a tutorial about why you don’t put your Windstones outside.

But if you’re going to, it definately should be a gargoyle, they look pretty authentically weathered after a while.

Kyrin

kitsunelady
        Participant

Kyrin, where’s that post where you told us how you used the Apoxie Sculpt? D: I’ve got a little booboo I need to fix. Too small to bother you with. >.> *needs to learn how to fix the small stuff on her own* t_t

Luckily it’s an unpainted PYO. XD Sort of luckily, anyways. =(

kitsunelady wrote:

Kyrin, where’s that post where you told us how you used the Apoxie Sculpt? D: I’ve got a little booboo I need to fix. Too small to bother you with. >.> *needs to learn how to fix the small stuff on her own* t_t

Luckily it’s an unpainted PYO. XD Sort of luckily, anyways. =(

Oh heavens, I don’t know where the post is! Basically mix up a tiny bit half and half of each of the compounds, then stick a small amount, about the size of the repair void, smooth with damp fingers. Let it set for a little while until it stiffens a bit, I usually play with the bit leftover, when it starts to get a bit hard to squish, then I go back and put in the details, then let it finish setting up, wha la, done.

Hope that helps.

Kyrin

Kyrin wrote:

PaperCut wrote:

Yes…I am thinking it is pretty cool as it is, so I am going to repair the wings, and then repaint it, but leave all the weathering and cracks it got just the way they are. It just looks neat..I plan to take some good pictures of it first though, and do a tutorial about why you don’t put your Windstones outside.

But if you’re going to, it definately should be a gargoyle, they look pretty authentically weathered after a while.

Kyrin

Ooh, cool! I’m sure he’ll look awesome. ^__^

Okay guys…I am now officially a bit lost…

Here’s what I know I have and for whom…if any are wrong please speak up and I will make sure the item goes where it should.

Mmloda- OG Emperor

WolfenMachine- Emerald Spectral

Leigha- White Spectal, Peacock male, white male.

Sapphire- The following need to be shipped to you.

Flame Curl-Emerald coiled mama- White Emperor- White male- White hatcher? Repairs- Black mama uni, white mama uni, OG Male and Female dragon pair.

Laphon- 2 flap cats, OG hatcher, and Sherry the Muse.

Koishi- Em pea fledge, PYO dragon, one other I think.

Stephanie- White hatcher, Em hatcher, white mama, BG Fledge and frog prince

Setsunawolf- 2 royal hatchers, one peacock Kinglet, other rainbow empress (I think that is the name of that one) Found it btw!

Drgnlvr- white wizard, tortoise, and something else…like I said I’m losing track here.

Misato- 1 young unicorn

There are a couple other things here, I forgot to list, I’ll fill those in later.

These aren’t in any particular order…as you can tell there is alot still here.

Vacation is officially over, but I am keeping the hold on new repairs in place until I get more of this stuff cleared out…I plan to accept new ones by the end of the month. Once I do open up, I am going to ask that we keep it to no more than 5 in house at a time again, as this got a bit too much for me and I don’t want to have to put you guys all on hold again for months at a time.

Okay, those of you with stuff with me, just please remind me what I have here, I am pretty certain I have most of it straight, but I’m worried I’m not piling everything in the right piles.

Kyrin

Mmloda
          Participant

Yup mine is right on…thanks Kyrin… ๐Ÿ™‚

Marzena

laphon1
            Participant

Kyrin, please do not forget my old green Young Dragon! Other than that…perfect!

laphon1 wrote:

Kyrin, please do not forget my old green Young Dragon! Other than that…perfect!

He’s been fixed so long, I almost forgot him…he’s safe in the cabinet.

Kyrin

Stephanie
              Participant

You also have a BG Fledgling from me. Total of 5 pieces. ๐Ÿ˜€

(White hatcher, Em hatcher, white mama, frog prince and BG Fledgling)

Thank you!

Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 470 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.