fbpx

Pyo group on Deviant art

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone Pyo group on Deviant art

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    Kujacker
    Participant

I wasn’t implying about artists wanting popularity. My first paragraph is in reply to your “…no one comments on your work.” – why no one cares about your time and effort finishing something, explaining the fan art idolization, and why “…absolutely stunning works/artists be overlooked…”. The second paragraph is implying that if you want exposure this is the easier way to do it.

The first time I left DA was because nobody was giving me the feedback I wished for to improve myself yet I was very popular. I now realize you cannot have expectations from total strangers who aren’t going to praise something or interact with what they don’t care about.

It hurts not to be significant to others in whatever way at first; but when you start to wholesomely value yourself and post art online for yourself because you are making a statement about who you are, regardless of who’s listening/watching or what they say; you feel a lot less anxiety and those silly things don’t bother you anymore; Art becomes fun again and it is the reward in itself!

I’ve been on DA for 1 year with 3 watchers(who are just friends) and 3 comments total since I started again from scratch and darn proud of it. The only thing I’m not happy about is that I haven’t been keeping to my goal of posting regular personal leaps of depicting all the ideas swimming in my head XD

“I wasn’t implying about artists wanting popularity.” I see. My apologizes for missing that.

I can definitely see how for an artist, the art is its own reward. I USE to enjoy arting, and then just fell out of it. I do it now because even at work, I am endlessly bored. I can either sit on the computer all day or art. It’s still hard for me though. I also know my mental problems (life rut, depression) are a hindrance to art as well. But yes, if you enjoy doing it, then that’s the best thing.

Anonymous

I can definitely see how for an artist, the art is its own reward. I USE to enjoy arting, and then just fell out of it. I do it now because even at work, I am endlessly bored. I can either sit on the computer all day or art. It’s still hard for me though. I also know my mental problems (life rut, depression) are a hindrance to art as well. But yes, if you enjoy doing it, then that’s the best thing.

I sincerely hope the best for you Kujacker. If you have an interest in reading/listening to self development theories and practices I can offer to give you the best material I’ve collected over time. They helped me break my mental barriers over my art and many other things in my life, and kills boredom time productively D

Amanda
        Participant

Did anything ever come of this idea? πŸ™‚

Melody
          Keymaster

No. It sounds like having a “group” is a time consuming job , just like most things that sound simple and easy at first. I got no time.

Amanda
            Participant

Oh, sorry πŸ™ Just wondering.

dragonmedley
              Participant

No. It sounds like having a “group” is a time consuming job , just like most things that sound simple and easy at first. I got no time.

I don’t know anything on how DA actually works, but does the group have to be created and maintained by someone at Windstone, or could it be something that someone else could volunteer to do?

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Kujacker
                Participant

I don’t know anything on how DA actually works, but does the group have to be created and maintained by someone at Windstone, or could it be something that someone else could volunteer to do?

As far as I’m aware – anyone. I once maintained a group on da back before groups were so easy to use. But back then it was just another account. So basically you “shared” an account with however many other people you asked to help manage it (3 others in my case, and I wasn’t the one to make the group). Unless it has changed, I’d assume it would be the same deal. After all, people working on anime and movies/shows probably aren’t going to bother (or have the time to) managing a “fan service”.

scenceable
                  Participant

It ends up being a lot of work depending on the rules you have. If you want to approve everything that is submitted to make sure it fits, then it is more work as you have to check and approve stuff everyday. Some groups have strict standards, like elite groups where art has to be “good” to be accepted, some of them have 3 or more moderators who have to vote on whether to accept submissions, so it takes ages. If you have a few volunteers who can approve things (just to make sure they’re actually PYO’s and not random things) it’s easy. You can also have it where there is no approval process and things and approved automatically, that’s super easy to maintain. You can always skim through the submissions now and then to make sure everything is a PYO and not drawings or other spam, and delete things if they are.

Basically, groups can be a lot of work, but they don’t have to be. You could probable wrangle up a few volunteers on here to set it up. I’d help πŸ™‚

dragonmedley
                    Participant

So Melody, if you do want to go ahead with this, you already have a volunteer and a half (the half is me – but I know frig all about DA, hence the half thing).

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                      http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                      I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                      http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Jennifer
                      Keymaster

People still want this? I can make one. No big deal.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                        My art: featherdust.com

Jennifer
                        Keymaster

The group creation process is being reviewed. We should have something up within a week!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com

Grayfire_artz
                          Participant

WOOO! πŸ˜€

Jennifer
                            Keymaster

IT EXISTS.

Join! Tell your friends! Tell their friends! Be merry!

http://windstonepyo.deviantart.com/

Ahh that’s so exciting πŸ˜€ I’d better finish my muse so I can submit it. If you need a hand running it I’d be happy to help!

Grayfire_artz
                              Participant

joined πŸ˜€

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 62 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.