fbpx

Pyo group on Deviant art

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone Pyo group on Deviant art

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    Hannah
    Participant

I’d join!

I can also vouch for Avast! – they’re awesome 🙂

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
      Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Bodine
      Participant

I’ld join too.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
        (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
        Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Anonymous

You know I’d join in a nanosecond Melody!

drag0nfeathers
          Participant

I would as well! I’m on DA frequently ^_^

Got a busted Windstone?
            drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
            *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
            Arc-en-ciel Emperor
            Siphlophis Male Dragon
            Calypso Hatching Empress
            Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
            Tattoo Mother Kirin
            Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
            Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
            Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
            Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
            Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
            Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Kujacker
            Participant

I gave up on DA because of all the viruses and hackers .

it is odd, I haven’t had any problem like that with DA …yet. It may be the type of security system on your computer is letting stuff in.
              I have heard this complaint from other people too!

If you have an anti-virus it helps. Also a script blocker.

I’m on da, but don’t actively “hang out” there. I just post work, then leave. I hate deviantart, but there just isn’t anywhere else to go.

twindragonsmum
              Participant

same here, Ku :~

twindragonsmum :p

tdm

Melody
                Keymaster

it is odd, I haven’t had any problem like that with DA …yet. It may be the type of security system on your computer is letting stuff in.
                  I have heard this complaint from other people too!

If you have an anti-virus it helps. Also a script blocker.

I’m on da, but don’t actively “hang out” there. I just post work, then leave. I hate deviantart, but there just isn’t anywhere else to go.

I’m curious, why do you hate it?

Kujacker
                  Participant

For me, it’s because of several things. It doesn’t feel like a community at all. Unless you’re popular, no one sees your work. Unless you’re posting well known characters, most people don’t want to see your work.
                    And it’s not even about skill either. Not trying to degrade anyone or anything, but I’ve seen people that don’t draw particularly well be popular just because they’re drawing characters from well known shows. And I’ve seen absolutely stunning works/artists be overlooked because it was an original creation.
                    Another thing is, again, unless you’re popular, no one comments on your work… and if you do get a comment, it’s normally something stupid like “this is cute” or even “I like this so come look at my work”… what? T___T
                    To me, it feels like I’d be getting the same “exposure” if I just bought a webspace and filled it with work and blocked it from public view. Or just didn’t post on the internet.

The last few weeks I’ve actually debated if I should keep posting work on the internet (art sites in particular) or just stop. I just don’t see the point anymore.

scenceable
                    Participant

For me, it’s because of several things. It doesn’t feel like a community at all. Unless you’re popular, no one sees your work. Unless you’re posting well known characters, most people don’t want to see your work.
                      And it’s not even about skill either. Not trying to degrade anyone or anything, but I’ve seen people that don’t draw particularly well be popular just because they’re drawing characters from well known shows. And I’ve seen absolutely stunning works/artists be overlooked because it was an original creation.
                      Another thing is, again, unless you’re popular, no one comments on your work… and if you do get a comment, it’s normally something stupid like “this is cute” or even “I like this so come look at my work”… what? T___T
                      To me, it feels like I’d be getting the same “exposure” if I just bought a webspace and filled it with work and blocked it from public view. Or just didn’t post on the internet.

The last few weeks I’ve actually debated if I should keep posting work on the internet (art sites in particular) or just stop. I just don’t see the point anymore.

I think DA has gotten better with the groups now, if you’re active in groups and post work often people see your work regardless or whether you’re popular or you post fanart. But you’re right, there’s certainly a weird imbalance there. It gets frustrating to see amazing artists be totally ignored while others who just post heavily copied or even traced digital art of famous photos or popular characters get tons of views and comments.

I was thinking too, it’d be great for you guys to make this group just so I could find everyone from the forum on DA too. It’d be nice to harass everyone on another website as well xD I think Melody and Jennifer are the only people from here that I currently watch.

Skylover
                      Participant

I had the same problems with DA, photobucket, livejournal, and well the list can go on and on. I decided to give up Internet Explorer as a browser and went to Firefox. Firefox has a really good ad blocking program called Adblock Plus. After installing this, I really haven’t had anymore epic battles with viruses. If you want to be extra secure, you can also download a script blocker like other people have mentioned.

If you happen to get a troublesome virus that your antivirus doesn’t catch, I’d like to recommend Malwarebytes. It’s free as well, and has removed many difficult viruses from my computer that nothing else would.

Back to the subject at hand, I do have a DA account, and I’d be more than happy to upload some of my PYO pictures there.

Anonymous

Really the point of an online portfolio/Deviantart is an ‘anywhere accessible’ place to showcase your work to people you’ve met in real life. Nobody is paid or obligated to comment and give total strangers attention there even if they are given plenty themselves. People do whatever they want there for their entertainment, not social values. It’s a tough reality not meant to give the artist better business/exposure, but to bring people with similar interests together in cliques/clubs/groups in the art form way. And sometimes those people can turn out not to be your kind of people; then there really is no reason to stick around.

Proper exposure is advertising and paying into magazines or such, or have a very popular friend mention you, that’s where you will be noticed. Also showcasing art in more subculture specified sites will separate your art from the mass blob of DA and get you more noticed. You must understand it’s not purely the art that makes an artist’s career, but art marketing.

Purplecat
                          Participant

I’d probably join…..I’m not particularly serious on DA, I can be really random about posting art there, but I have posted some pyos there now that it’s an ok’d thing. It might be fun! 😀

Kujacker
                            Participant

Really the point of an online portfolio/Deviantart is an ‘anywhere accessible’ place to showcase your work to people you’ve met in real life. Nobody is paid or obligated to comment and give total strangers attention there even if they are given plenty themselves. People do whatever they want there for their entertainment, not social values. It’s a tough reality not meant to give the artist better business/exposure, but to bring people with similar interests together in cliques/clubs/groups in the art form way. And sometimes those people can turn out not to be your kind of people; then there really is no reason to stick around.

Proper exposure is advertising and paying into magazines or such, or have a very popular friend mention you, that’s where you will be noticed. Also showcasing art in more subculture specified sites will separate your art from the mass blob of DA and get you more noticed. You must understand it’s not purely the art that makes an artist’s career, but art marketing.

I think you misunderstood what I was saying. I’m not asking to be “popular”. I never said that. What I’m saying is what’s the point in taking time and effort finishing something, scanning and whatever else that may be to post it on the internet only have no one care about it? (When I spoke about receiving comments, this is what I meant. To know someone actually enjoys a piece of work – favorites don’t mean a thing) I’m also not talking about me so much as ANY artist. I’ve seen plenty of great artist leave the internet because, oh noes, they didn’t draw narutard or (enter popular show) or (enter dragons or wolves).
                              I’m not an artist. I don’t want to be popular. To be popular for something I hate doing would be absolutely awful. But it’s still a bother to realize that years ago I was actually fairly “well known” (if you could call it that) on da just because I drew anime fanart. Now that my work is totally random, no one cares for it. I’ve spoken to several artists about this and it turns out I’m not the only one.
                              As for “proper exposure”, some people believe that’s what they’re doing with these kinds of websites.

I’d be game for this. I’ve got a portfolio on dA, as well.

Anonymous

I think you misunderstood what I was saying. I’m not asking to be “popular”. I never said that. What I’m saying is what’s the point in taking time and effort finishing something, scanning and whatever else that may be to post it on the internet only have no one care about it? (When I spoke about receiving comments, this is what I meant. To know someone actually enjoys a piece of work – favorites don’t mean a thing) I’m also not talking about me so much as ANY artist. I’ve seen plenty of great artist leave the internet because, oh noes, they didn’t draw narutard or (enter popular show) or (enter dragons or wolves).
                                I’m not an artist. I don’t want to be popular. To be popular for something I hate doing would be absolutely awful. But it’s still a bother to realize that years ago I was actually fairly “well known” (if you could call it that) on da just because I drew anime fanart. Now that my work is totally random, no one cares for it. I’ve spoken to several artists about this and it turns out I’m not the only one.
                                As for “proper exposure”, some people believe that’s what they’re doing with these kinds of websites.

I wasn’t implying about artists wanting popularity. My first paragraph is in reply to your “…no one comments on your work.” – why no one cares about your time and effort finishing something, explaining the fan art idolization, and why “…absolutely stunning works/artists be overlooked…”. The second paragraph is implying that if you want exposure this is the easier way to do it.

The first time I left DA was because nobody was giving me the feedback I wished for to improve myself yet I was very popular. I now realize you cannot have expectations from total strangers who aren’t going to praise something or interact with what they don’t care about.

It hurts not to be significant to others in whatever way at first; but when you start to wholesomely value yourself and post art online for yourself because you are making a statement about who you are, regardless of who’s listening/watching or what they say; you feel a lot less anxiety and those silly things don’t bother you anymore; Art becomes fun again and it is the reward in itself!

I’ve been on DA for 1 year with 3 watchers(who are just friends) and 3 comments total since I started again from scratch and darn proud of it. The only thing I’m not happy about is that I haven’t been keeping to my goal of posting regular personal leaps of depicting all the ideas swimming in my head XD

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 62 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.