fbpx

Pyo group on Deviant art

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone Pyo group on Deviant art

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    kitsunelady
    Participant

Ooh, I’d forgotten all about this. =) I see some folders that need submissions, haha. e.e *joins*

Jennifer
      Keymaster

I encourage anyone that wants to (and thinks it’s fun) to take some artsy photos of your PYOs, like what we had for the calendar contest. I’m selecting mostly artsy photos / PYOs in a ‘scene’ type photos for the featured gallery. 🙂

Melody’s stuff gets in automatically since she made these.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
        My art: featherdust.com

dragonmedley
        Participant

Phooey. How do you get PYOs into the group gallery? When I try, it says I don’t have permission to submit to that group… :((

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
          http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
          I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
          http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

kitsunelady
          Participant

I don’t even know how to submit things to a group, period…lulz. *smacks forehead* XD I went to one of my PYOs and clicked ‘submit to a group’ on the side, but there were no groups in the list, even though I was accepted? @_@?!

dragonmedley
            Participant

I don’t even know how to submit things to a group, period…lulz. *smacks forehead* XD I went to one of my PYOs and clicked ‘submit to a group’ on the side, but there were no groups in the list, even though I was accepted? @_@?!

I typed in the name of the group, but I was told I couldn’t submit there.

Jennifer
              Keymaster

Go to this page: http://windstonepyo.deviantart.com/gallery/

And click “Submit to this Gallery” in the upper right.
                You will need to select the appropriate folder from the drop-down menu once you do.

OR;

On the gallery you want to submit to, look all the way to the right of your screen. You will see a little + sign in white, along the title of the gallery.
                (you need to be part of the group to see the + sign)

You may now select to either submit a new deviation (photo) or an existing deviation (one that already exists in your deviantart account).

If anyone has trouble just let me know!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com

Purplecat
                Participant

Ah…unfortunately all my submissions could only be submitted to the ‘featured’ folder….the other folders for this group dont have the little plus sign up for me.

Jennifer
                  Keymaster

Ah…unfortunately all my submissions could only be submitted to the ‘featured’ folder….the other folders for this group dont have the little plus sign up for me.

Try again? There was a glitch I just noticed.

Stasher-Dragon
                    Participant

Is there or is it possible to have a group where you can show off Windstones that aren’t PYO? Or, can you make a folder in the PYO group to show off photos (albeit artsy and well lit) of non PYO Windstones? Or shall we just continue post our collections in this forum?

One reason I ask is because in the forum threads some “photos have been moved or deleted” and I figure it’d be easier to see them in a group on DA.

Just a suggestive question.

May the wind lift your wings." ~Stasher

dragonmedley
                      Participant

Go to this page: http://windstonepyo.deviantart.com/gallery/

And click “Submit to this Gallery” in the upper right.
                        You will need to select the appropriate folder from the drop-down menu once you do.

OR;

On the gallery you want to submit to, look all the way to the right of your screen. You will see a little + sign in white, along the title of the gallery.
                        (you need to be part of the group to see the + sign)

You may now select to either submit a new deviation (photo) or an existing deviation (one that already exists in your deviantart account).

If anyone has trouble just let me know!

It worked! Thanks!

scenceable
                        Participant

Is there or is it possible to have a group where you can show off Windstones that aren’t PYO? Or, can you make a folder in the PYO group to show off photos (albeit artsy and well lit) of non PYO Windstones? Or shall we just continue post our collections in this forum?

One reason I ask is because in the forum threads some “photos have been moved or deleted” and I figure it’d be easier to see them in a group on DA.

I like this idea too!

KoishiiKitty
                          Participant

I have a slight issue with the idea of a DA group for production windstones. It has to do with that DA is primarily supposed to be for art done by the people posting…i.e. We paint the pyo’s, so we contributed to that. Melody sculpted and paints the production pieces, so her submission contribute that art.

But I have concern of it confusing other artist, especially younger ones if a group was made to share the production pieces and a lot of production pieces get posted to da, as if it was a photobucket, buy collectors that did no work on those pieces.
                            It bothers me a little to post works that aren’t done by said DA artist.Especialy when DA automaticly adds a coppyright to the artist on every submission. Here is a copy-paste of what it says under one of my digital painting on DA:

Koi Elegance
                            by *Biorave
                            Digital Art / Paintings & Airbrushing / Animals ©2011-2012 *Biorave”

With the pyo’s, we get to say we painted them and that is the we are contributing to a DA submission.

Stasher-Dragon
                            Participant

I have a slight issue with the idea of a DA group for production windstones. It has to do with that DA is primarily supposed to be for art done by the people posting…i.e. We paint the pyo’s, so we contributed to that. Melody sculpted and paints the production pieces, so her submission contribute that art.

But I have concern of it confusing other artist, especially younger ones if a group was made to share the production pieces and a lot of production pieces get posted to da, as if it was a photobucket, buy collectors that did no work on those pieces.
                              It bothers me a little to post works that aren’t done by said DA artist.Especialy when DA automaticly adds a coppyright to the artist on every submission. Here is a copy-paste of what it says under one of my digital painting on DA:

Koi Elegance
                              by *Biorave
                              Digital Art / Paintings & Airbrushing / Animals ©2011-2012 *Biorave”

With the pyo’s, we get to say we painted them and that is the we are contributing to a DA submission.

I understand all your concerns. If for some reason in the distant future there is a DA group for production pieces, there should be a rule that the image must be in the category of photography in order to be accepted.

The photo of my collection on DA is under:

Photography / Still Life / Dolls and Figures ©2012 ~stasher-dragon

Just a thought, not an idea I’m gung-ho about or married to.

PS Maybe there should be a rule that all Windstone PYO art submitted should have the Windstone copyright on the image for it to be accepted.

May the wind lift your wings." ~Stasher

Jennifer
                              Keymaster

No– DeviantART is for posting works of your own creation. It is an ART site. PYOs are sort of a collaboration– Melody’s sculpture, your paint scheme. A production piece 100% belongs to– in terms of creation and copyrights– Windstone and Melody.

It could be argued that you are taking a photo of the sculpture and therefore have creative input that way, which works for items and scenes that are not a copyrighted art piece, but not for Windstones. The subject of your photo is still copyrighted no matter how nice your photo is.

The forum is for sharing photos.

Even if there was a normal Aindstone group on Deviantart, people could still remove or delete their photos, which is no better than here where people can remove or delete their photos. The group does not store the images, it just puts them all in one place. The submitter still has complete control over their image.

scenceable
                                Participant

I see a lot of people posting photos of things they didn’t make on DA, like resin horses and the like. It does get a bit confusing. I don’t know about copyrights and stuff but generally I think that if it’s a sculpture (like a resin horse) that you made, you put it in the sculpture category. If it’s a photo you took of the sculpture, you put it in the photo category. Like for PYO’s, I wouldn’t put them under sculpture, I’d put them under custom dolls or custom something.

Anyway, it’s neat to see all the PYO’s so far! 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 62 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.