fbpx

Price of new Grab Bag Youngs

Home Forums Windstone Editions Windstone Store Discussion Price of new Grab Bag Youngs

Viewing 7 posts - 46 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    drag0nfeathers
    Participant

I wasnt ranting. Or complaining. Just making a suggestion. Calmly. I find it easy enough to pay the price increase but a few people dont. A few people cant get them at all now because of the increase in price set them beyond the budget they saved. And I can understand those in particular being upset about it. Some of us can go ‘eh whatever’ and pay it. Some cant. It is those I speak the suggestion for. 20$ is a LOT with no warning.

No I know that, and I wasn’t snapping at you Wampus. Sorry if I can across that way. I’m just irritated. As much as I like the Grab Bags, I almost wish they would just STOP making them once everyone who hasn’t gotten one, has finally got one.

I’m just putting the situation in perspective from another point of view. It seems to make people are just getting way too demanding on these things. It’s really awesome of Windstone to make OOAKs like these for customers who can’t afford ebay pieces, but the insanity it causes makes me think OOAKs need to just stay on ebay. I just sure hope Melody enjoys making them as much as she says because it seems to me like it’s just one more thing to stress her out when there is a slew of complaints after she has worked so hard.

So don’t get me wrong, if Melody wants to continue to make Grab Bags then WOO freaking HOO! I love ’em! On the flip side, I would completely understand if she wanted to stop because of the insanity they cause.

At the very least, taking all of this into the equation, I think the price hike is completely justifiable!

Got a busted Windstone?
      drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
      *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
      Arc-en-ciel Emperor
      Siphlophis Male Dragon
      Calypso Hatching Empress
      Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
      Tattoo Mother Kirin
      Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
      Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
      Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
      Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
      Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
      Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Wampus Dragon
      Participant

I hope they remain in the store as a thing they do a couple times a year. Both babies and youngs.

And I hope things besides unis become grab bags. Like young poads. Im not demanding these things by any means, just speculating and brainstorming and its a happy thought.

drag0nfeathers
        Participant

Okay…I don’t want to sound rude here, but seriously. Okay, we were not informed previously about the price increase. I’m sure Windstone apologizes for this, but come on you guys! They had a lot going on setting up the live web cam for us and doing a million other things!

Can we take into consideration Melody COULD be selling these on ebay for A LOT more then $130. Melody also busted her butt to paint these in a rush because everyone has been whining for weeks “Are you making more? When are there going to me more Melody? … Now?…..Okay, how about now? Okay so now?………..are they done yet? are they done yet? are they done yet? are the done yet? When are the going to be in the store? are the eyes in yet? are the horns glued yet? are they done yet? Okay so now? Can you make two batches? Can you split them up? Melody? Are you listening Melody? MELODY!!! Paint us more please!”

Look I’m sorry, but she has bent over BACKWARDS for us lately. Pay the poor woman and quit complaining! I’m sure she is putting many other projects on hold just to make these for us and that comes at a cost as well.

Okay… I’m done ranting, but calm down and don’t’ tell Windstone what they should set their prices at. Just like ebay, if you don’t want it, don’t buy it. In the future, if there is a price increase I’m sure Susie, Melody, Pam, whoever will try their best to give us a heads up now that they realize $20 is make or break for some folks.

I don’t mean to sound insensitive to some folks who couldn’t afford them so don’t jump down my throat. All I’m saying it “Quit you’re whining!” Something nice Windstone has been doing for us is probably driving them freaking banana sandwich! Now we’re asking for Grab Bag Poads (I squeaked for that myself actually at one point) and Grab Bag Curlies and whatever else. I don’t even WANT grab bag ANYTHING else anymore because we are going to end up giving Melody a freaking coronary!

Got a busted Windstone?
          drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
          *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
          Arc-en-ciel Emperor
          Siphlophis Male Dragon
          Calypso Hatching Empress
          Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
          Tattoo Mother Kirin
          Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
          Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
          Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
          Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
          Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
          Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Syn
          Participant

I am not commenting about the amount of the increase; I am talking about people being excited and saving ahead for weeks for these pieces only to have a rock dropped on them just as they try to order. I also wonder how many rushed their order through only to discover afterward that the price had been raised.

How long does it take to post “There will be a price increase when the newest batch of Young Unicorns becomes available. We do not know how much yet, but this is just to let you all know it will be coming.”

To me it is not a question of how much the increase is or what they are worth as compared to eBay pieces; I am lucky enough that I can afford it. But I certainly did a double take when I saw the increase right as they became available. I think the timing sucked, and I can’t come up with a nicer way to say it and still say it. I certainly feel for those who had budgeted for them and then were hit with the price increase just as they were going to order.

scenceable
            Participant

On one hand, that whole “looking a gift horse in the mouth” saying comes into mind with people complaining about the price hike. On the other hand, it wouldn’t have been hard to have given at least a warning. But, they apologized and that’s really all they can do.

And since there’s a batch on monday, 3 days after these, if someone couldn’t afford one the first round perhaps they could budget for the next one. Even if they did give us a warning about the $130 thing, how far ahead would it have been? Probably not more than 3 days.

I think the big second batch of these gives everyone that second opportunity so though the price increase was a surprise I don’t think it’s a major issue. I guess I kind of agree with drag0n, every time these are offered people seem to complain more and more. Yeah, they could have warned us, and we’ve mentioned it, they apologized. I guess I just don’t see why it’s such a big deal. πŸ˜›

Hannah
              Participant

Oh Hannah, I’m so sorry, I didn’t mean to come across harsh. I know you guys trade for the ones you really like and that everyone’s tastes are very different. It’s just that (and I hate to use this word), but resentment builds up after missing them in the store again… and again. That’s just human emotion coming to the surface. That’s just me venting (which I rarely do). I know I’m going to squeal like a little girl when she arrives, esp. since I don’t know which one you sent. πŸ™‚

No pressure, Syn, no pressure. :bigsmile: And if you do miss, don’t worry, it’s just the Universe testing me. LOL!

Oh! I know you weren’t referring to me specifically πŸ™‚ I know you were happy to get one, and you are a pleasure to work with! I just wanted to assure you that he wasnt actually a hand me down XD

I totally understand where youre coming from with the resentment πŸ™ It’s kind of why I’ve been so vocal about wanting to cut the limit down to 1 for a few batches so everyone can catch up! Even if you hate the piece you get from the factory, at least you had the same chance as everyone else! I get it completely πŸ™‚

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
                Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

I just want to say a huge THANK YOU to Melody, Chessie, Susie, Pam and the rest of the Windstone staff for all their hard work getting two good sized batches of grab bag young unicorns done. The live stream and the updates of when we could expect them to be in the store are also greatly appreciated.

I sincerely hope that all the people who haven’t gotten a grab bag get one or two when the next batch hit the store. I have missed quite a few things over the last couple of years so I totally understand the frustration of constantly missing out on a new Windstone. So good luck all!

Viewing 7 posts - 46 through 52 (of 52 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.