fbpx

Price of new Grab Bag Youngs

Home Forums Windstone Editions Windstone Store Discussion Price of new Grab Bag Youngs

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    Setsunawolf
    Participant

I’m interested in the fantasy colors, but not as much as I was in horsey colors. While I have several unis, most of mine were bought or traded on the secondary market. That’s why they don’t end up in the trade threads. I don’t feel like I got someone’s leftovers at all. I’m just glad they sold me a piece I like.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
      Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
      Sun Dragon Koi #3

Wampus Dragon
      Participant

Many people, and I am one, would prefer to see them and then be able to just buy the one we like.

This. I like the grab bag concept, but honestly I’ve had better experiences buying from someone or trading than getting directly from the factory. I’ve always ordered two when they were available but only once did I ever like both enough to keep and not sell or trade them. Those are pretty terrible odds.

I also would like it if the batches were split between ‘normal’ and ‘fantasy’ colors. I prefer the normal ones.

Misty
        Participant

Splitting the batches into two categories would be great! Then the people who get a regular horse colored one, will be the people who actually want one =)

scenceable
          Participant

Splitting it would be kind of a pain in the butt since there are some that are pretty much bay, for example, but have a ton of blue iridescence. Fantasy or natural?

Essentially, since the all have iridescence, they’re all “fantasy” whereas previous batches before this one were natural horse colours. So they have been split up.

I get what you guys mean, it’s more of a gamble when there’s so many in the batch that you don’t like, but that makes it more fun. I didn’t like a lot of the paint puke ones but I’m reserving judgement until I see what I get in person. The sparkliness of these ones makes it more interesting this time around for me πŸ˜›

Wampus Dragon
            Participant

I dont mind metallics or irridescence on ‘normal’ horse colors. Its quite striking. I just have NO interest in mister blue and green uni or mister calico, for example. The only crazy uni I even had slight interest in is the pink one.

Christine
              Participant

Am I thankful that I was finally able to receive one? Yes. But at the same time you feel that all you’re getting is someone’s discarded leftovers. It’s not a pleasant feeling.

:/ well if it makes you feel any better, I ended up adding a unicorn to my little drawing that I never wanted to part with – and keep in mind that I traded to GET most of these unis – they are FAR from being my discarded leftovers! I know what you mean, but I just wanted to assure you that I actually worked to get these specific unis, and it was not without a lot of thought that I decided to sell them πŸ™‚ I HAD gotten offers on trades for them when they were in the trade thread, but I was never shy about turning the trades down when I didn’t want the other uni πŸ™‚ <3

Yah yah, I ended up giving up one of my GB babies for this too, and debated for DAYS which one I could bear to part with. The one I gave up for Hannah’s raffle was in no way leftovers πŸ™‚ I just really wanted someone else to get in on the fun and she was kind enough to start it all off.

About sorting the batches…I dunno, it seems like Melody and the staff have done so much for us on these already. And some colors ride a fine line between ‘fantasy’ and ‘normal’, and what’s normal for someone else might be fantasy for another, since color and aesthetics are so subjective…. And she did say she conceived the idea to encourage trading, and having a large variety in one batch sure will! πŸ™‚

bayoudragon
                Participant

Am I thankful that I was finally able to receive one? Yes. But at the same time you feel that all you’re getting is someone’s discarded leftovers. It’s not a pleasant feeling.

:/ well if it makes you feel any better, I ended up adding a unicorn to my little drawing that I never wanted to part with – and keep in mind that I traded to GET most of these unis – they are FAR from being my discarded leftovers! I know what you mean, but I just wanted to assure you that I actually worked to get these specific unis, and it was not without a lot of thought that I decided to sell them πŸ™‚ I HAD gotten offers on trades for them when they were in the trade thread, but I was never shy about turning the trades down when I didn’t want the other uni πŸ™‚ <3

Oh Hannah, I’m so sorry, I didn’t mean to come across harsh. I know you guys trade for the ones you really like and that everyone’s tastes are very different. It’s just that (and I hate to use this word), but resentment builds up after missing them in the store again… and again. That’s just human emotion coming to the surface. That’s just me venting (which I rarely do). I know I’m going to squeal like a little girl when she arrives, esp. since I don’t know which one you sent. πŸ™‚

No pressure, Syn, no pressure. :bigsmile: And if you do miss, don’t worry, it’s just the Universe testing me. LOL!

bayoudragon
                  Participant

Yah yah, I ended up giving up one of my GB babies for this too, and debated for DAYS which one I could bear to part with. The one I gave up for Hannah’s raffle was in no way leftovers πŸ™‚ I just really wanted someone else to get in on the fun and she was kind enough to start it all off.

BIG HUGS for this!! πŸ™‚

Melody
                    Keymaster

WE were told that IF Windstone were to continue to produce the young that there would have to be a price increase.
                      When we were all told that no one seemed to have a problem so why, when Windstone has uped their price, we are now complaining??? :~

Because that is what this forum is for!
                      I had to insist that the price not be raised more. These things are time consuming and as elaborate as Ebay pieces, but since they are so much fun for everybody, especially us, I wanted to keep them within the range of reason!

Stephanie
                      Participant

Because that is what this forum is for!
                        I had to insist that the price not be raised more. These things are time consuming and as elaborate as Ebay pieces, but since they are so much fun for everybody, especially us, I wanted to keep them within the range of reason!

Thank you, Melody! <3

Syn
                        Participant

People may not like the price increase (who does want to pay more rather than less for a piece?), but I think the larger problem here was that the price was raised just seconds before the item appeared. There was no warning and only moments to decide whether we could afford the additional money. Many times buyers will have the item in their cart and lose it during the time it takes to go through PayPal, so there is pressure to rush the order through as quickly as possible. If we had known in advance, I think people would have been happier; they would have had the time to review their budget and make an informed decision.

About sorting these into the exciting fantasy or boring horsey colors, I was thinking more along these lines. When they were being boxed, if you look at it and say, “Wow, this one is fantasy,” then it goes into the exciting fantasy pile. If you look at it and say, “Which one is this?” it goes in the boring horsey pile; it just would not be as boring as the others in that pile.

Wampus Dragon
                          Participant

Perhaps the price should be scaled back to 120? so its an increase over 110 but not so high that its nearly the cost of the white grand unicorn… Its already over the cost of the adults in white and grulla.

fatalbeauty
                            Participant

Perhaps the price should be scaled back to 120? so its an increase over 110 but not so high that its nearly the cost of the white grand unicorn… Its already over the cost of the adults in white and grulla.

this price seems a little more fair…yes I know more work went in but $120 seems a fairer price…

4 things I'm looking for:
                              1. Mother Meerkat
                              2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
                              3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
                              4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

littleironhorse
                              Participant

Considering that Melody had to insist that it not be raised more, it seems highly unlikely.

I will say this, it wasn’t a good surprise, but considering the work that went into these, I’m fine with it.

Wampus Dragon
                                Participant

I wasnt ranting. Or complaining. Just making a suggestion. Calmly. I find it easy enough to pay the price increase but a few people dont. A few people cant get them at all now because of the increase in price set them beyond the budget they saved. And I can understand those in particular being upset about it. Some of us can go ‘eh whatever’ and pay it. Some cant. It is those I speak the suggestion for. 20$ is a LOT with no warning.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 52 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.