fbpx

Price of new Grab Bag Youngs

Home Forums Windstone Editions Windstone Store Discussion Price of new Grab Bag Youngs

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    drag0nfeathers
    Participant

I’m not saying I disagree at all Hannah. One per customer would probably be a good idea for these guys, even if it’s just for a little while. I am an advocate for one per customer, two per household actually. Once people stop complaining about not getting ANY at all, then I’d say bump it back up to two, but I’m not going to question the master’s decisions either ^_^

I’m sure Melody knows more then anyone, if all these Unicorns all get sold and there are STILL people who haven’t gottan any, then she will be the one who is stuck painting even more of them. Not anyone else. If they were one per customer, it would only help her out more from having to make another batch. I’m not saying it’s a good argument or anything, but I don’t think Melody is going to just up and say “That’s it! No more Grab Bags” …unless they continue to just cause grief.

Got a busted Windstone?
      drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
      *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
      Arc-en-ciel Emperor
      Siphlophis Male Dragon
      Calypso Hatching Empress
      Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
      Tattoo Mother Kirin
      Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
      Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
      Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
      Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
      Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
      Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Hannah
      Participant

Ugh >< and I hope they do not do that!! I wish there was a way to wrangle the issues and turn this all back into a happy sharing and befriending experience like it was meant to be :/

*sniff* …

*HUGS TO EVERYONE*!!!

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
        Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

John
        Keymaster

We didn’t mean to not inform everyone that the price was raised but, as I recall, we didn’t settle on a price until right before they went into the store. And, with everyone starting to chew the legs off their chairs from the wait, getting them into the store quickly was all we were thinking about. Sorry about that. We should have at least had a notice to that effect on the store page. Everything here seems to be done at the last minute. After much deliberation, but at the last minute

Christine
          Participant

And, with everyone starting to chew the legs off their chairs from the wait…

LOL hilarious visual πŸ˜€

Amanda
            Participant

I was planning on springing for of these guys, but the $110 was already going to be a huge splurge, especially since I got a baby uni this month already. The price increase was too much for me though. :/

bayoudragon
              Participant

Melody wanted it to be two per customer. Perhaps one to keep and one to trade? I dunno, but I’m sure everyone will get one at some point. It’s not as if Melody isn’t going to be making them still if people missed out. She’s always been on the front lines making all these wonderful squeaks a reality for us so I don’t think it’s very nice for us to complain about it if that’s what she wanted.

I’m not complaining, I’m just saying – if you want happy customers, you may want to think about doing things a little differently so that everyone’s happy. I’ve pretty much exhausted myself giving points as to why 1 per customer on these guys is good for everyone.

Also, keep in mind that people who have already gotten a bunch of Unis are STILL getting more.. It’s not like other pieces where “oh I have one, that’s all I need!” no, this is a get as many as you can thing for some people. I’m NOT saying this is a bad thing.. but it is frustrating for people who haven’t gotten any.

As far as Melody taking the time to paint these guys for us – of COURSE we appreciate it!! But I bet she would rather be doing other things than painting unis all the time, like sculpting or working on possible other production colors (maybe taking a vacation! XD). I think the 1 per customer thing would help to satisfy MORE people for longer than having some people left out and still foaming at the mouth for something immediately after there being a giant rush for them. And who could blame them! πŸ™‚

I completely agree, Hannah, and I can totally understand the price increase, but I am a little baffled about the customer limit. It’s actually disheartening. I have never been able to get any GB uni from the store. And while I am extremely grateful for those members that offered to sell their extra unis to those of us who haven’t received one yet (Thank you, Hannah), I’m not getting the same experience that other forum members receive – the order, receive, grab bag surprise.

Am I thankful that I was finally able to receive one? Yes. But at the same time you feel that all you’re getting is someone’s discarded leftovers. It’s not a pleasant feeling.

Kiya
                Participant

Several people have been willing to buy for others and send them directly to you – sight unseen – so you can have the fun too. Have you talked to anyone about doing that?

Syn
                  Participant

When you see a normal production piece, you can decide whether you like it enough to buy it; when you order a Grab-Bag, you cannot see it and are buying it blind. I assumed that factored into Melody’s decision to let us buy two. It gives us a better chance of getting one we will like.

Syn
                    Participant

Bayoudragon, if you have not been able to get a Grab-Bag from the store, perhaps I can help. I will be store watching for another member on Monday and could do the same for you. PM me if you are interested.

Megan
                      Participant

Bayoudragon, if you have not been able to get a Grab-Bag from the store, perhaps I can help. I will be store watching for another member on Monday and could do the same for you. PM me if you are interested.

Syn ROCKS!!! πŸ˜€

Setsunawolf
                        Participant

Syn ROCKS!!! πŸ˜€

Alot. She already helped me get something for an earlier batch. I work most of the time when things are released. πŸ™‚

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
                          Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
                          Sun Dragon Koi #3

drag0nfeathers
                          Participant

Syn ROCKS!!! πŸ˜€

Alot. She already helped me get something for an earlier batch. I work most of the time when things are released. πŸ™‚

ALOT Alot! She’s helped me get quite a few pieces myself!!!

Got a busted Windstone?
                            drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                            *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                            Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                            Siphlophis Male Dragon
                            Calypso Hatching Empress
                            Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                            Tattoo Mother Kirin
                            Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                            Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                            Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                            Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                            Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                            Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Syn
                            Participant

Wow, you guys are really piling the pressure on me. I can’t fail, I can’t fail, I just can’t. Now I’ll be afraid to even take a bathroom break. πŸ˜‰

Hannah
                              Participant

Am I thankful that I was finally able to receive one? Yes. But at the same time you feel that all you’re getting is someone’s discarded leftovers. It’s not a pleasant feeling.

:/ well if it makes you feel any better, I ended up adding a unicorn to my little drawing that I never wanted to part with – and keep in mind that I traded to GET most of these unis – they are FAR from being my discarded leftovers! I know what you mean, but I just wanted to assure you that I actually worked to get these specific unis, and it was not without a lot of thought that I decided to sell them πŸ™‚ I HAD gotten offers on trades for them when they were in the trade thread, but I was never shy about turning the trades down when I didn’t want the other uni πŸ™‚ <3

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
                                Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Syn
                                Participant

We know what you are saying, Bayoudragon; the anticipation is a good deal of the fun. But then comes the chore of trying to trade for one that you really want and get rid of the one you did not.

Many people, and I am one, would prefer to see them and then be able to just buy the one we like. Or at least (and I know this is more work for Windstone) have them offered in two groups: exciting fantasy colors and boring old horsey colors. You can see which category I like.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 52 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.