fbpx

Price of new Grab Bag Youngs

Home Forums Windstone Editions Windstone Store Discussion Price of new Grab Bag Youngs

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    Syn
    Participant

Did anyone notice that the price just changed from $110 to $130?

littleironhorse
      Participant

I noticed, but I assumed it was because the color schemes were more elaborate.

Puffpastryofdoom
        Participant

Maybe it’s because they needed to use special (and a bit more expensive) paint for this batch… (?)

scenceable
          Participant

Or because they’ll sell like hotcakes either way xD

Megan
            Participant

I Just noticed it myself! I saw that the picture was changed as well! I was totally thrilled about that, not the price so much 🙁
              Ive saved exactly the amount I needed for two plus shipping except now, I might have just enough with out shipping! Guess Ill just be getting one 🙁
              If I manage to get one at all. Wont be long now though. The photo is up and they are stunning! Especially that Silver one…SQUEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!
              So any guesses as to wheather they make it in the store tomorrow, or will it be Monday?

Wampus Dragon
              Participant

Megan, 66 were released today. A little less than an hour ago and now theyre all sold. Susie said the rest should be on Monday.

bayoudragon
                Participant

Was it really a limit of 2 and not 1? :~

fatalbeauty
                  Participant

I was curious about this myself, I never heard anywhere that the price was going to be raised, sure I didn’t sit on the webcam things from start to finish but I didn’t see any warning…

4 things I'm looking for:
                    1. Mother Meerkat
                    2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
                    3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
                    4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Pam

Yes, the limit was 2. Maybe I can convince susie to make it 1 per customer on the next batch. I tried on this one, failed.

Laurie
                      Participant

I caught them right after they went in the store but wasn’t expecting them to be so much so needless to say I couldn’t get one.

Susie
                        Keymaster

Melody requested that it be 2 per customer. John changed the price because Melody put a LOT of time into these. I’m sorry we did not announce either thing. There are about 80 more of them growing their horns, we are not sure exactly when they’ll be ready, it depends upon when Chessie can work (school starts at the university next week) – probably on Monday but that’s not for sure. Please press the “notify” button on their page to be emailed when they are back in stock. I think the remainder will not sell out quite so quickly so hopefully everyone will have a chance to get one.

drag0nfeathers
                          Participant

I understand the price hike, I’m glad I happened to have the extra money at the moment though. I wasn’t planning on spending the extra $40 bucks, but it only took about 15 seconds for me to just say “screw it, i wants me some unicorns”. LOL! I sure hope I get some good grabs ^_^

Got a busted Windstone?
                            drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                            *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                            Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                            Siphlophis Male Dragon
                            Calypso Hatching Empress
                            Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                            Tattoo Mother Kirin
                            Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                            Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                            Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                            Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                            Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                            Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Hannah
                            Participant

I never heard it either.

And I think it would be helpful for these things to be made into announcements in the store – even if its 20 minutes ahead of time, we would REALLY appreciate knowing it, or being reminded if it was said somewhere else on the forum – in passing – where not everyone may have seen it..

Also, I still think it should be 1 per customer, and I’m STILL not sure why it hasn’t been tried.

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
                              Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

drag0nfeathers
                              Participant

Melody wanted it to be two per customer. Perhaps one to keep and one to trade? I dunno, but I’m sure everyone will get one at some point. It’s not as if Melody isn’t going to be making them still if people missed out. She’s always been on the front lines making all these wonderful squeaks a reality for us so I don’t think it’s very nice for us to complain about it if that’s what she wanted.

Also, I understand the price increase , but I don’t think we were ever told about it prior… if we were I’d like to see where because I certainly didn’t see it either. I’m not complaining about it, but yes, it would have been nice to know ahead of time I guess. I happened to have the money, but if someone didn’t and now they can’t get it, then yes, I can see how that would be sort of crappy. I do however completely understand it and I do think it’s justified for all the work put into these guys.

Seeing Chessie on the livestream rally makes you appreciate all the work that goes into these. *nods* and that was JUST gluing eyes and horns. Imagine painting ALL these wild and crazy schemes.

Got a busted Windstone?
                                drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                                *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                                Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                                Siphlophis Male Dragon
                                Calypso Hatching Empress
                                Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                                Tattoo Mother Kirin
                                Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                                Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                                Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                                Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                                Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                                Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Hannah
                                Participant

Melody wanted it to be two per customer. Perhaps one to keep and one to trade? I dunno, but I’m sure everyone will get one at some point. It’s not as if Melody isn’t going to be making them still if people missed out. She’s always been on the front lines making all these wonderful squeaks a reality for us so I don’t think it’s very nice for us to complain about it if that’s what she wanted.

I’m not complaining, I’m just saying – if you want happy customers, you may want to think about doing things a little differently so that everyone’s happy. I’ve pretty much exhausted myself giving points as to why 1 per customer on these guys is good for everyone.

Also, keep in mind that people who have already gotten a bunch of Unis are STILL getting more.. It’s not like other pieces where “oh I have one, that’s all I need!” no, this is a get as many as you can thing for some people. I’m NOT saying this is a bad thing.. but it is frustrating for people who haven’t gotten any.

As far as Melody taking the time to paint these guys for us – of COURSE we appreciate it!! But I bet she would rather be doing other things than painting unis all the time, like sculpting or working on possible other production colors (maybe taking a vacation! XD). I think the 1 per customer thing would help to satisfy MORE people for longer than having some people left out and still foaming at the mouth for something immediately after there being a giant rush for them. And who could blame them! 🙂

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
                                  Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.