fbpx

Our store is up and running! 3-7-16 (Help us spot bugs)

Home Forums Windstone Editions Windstone Store Discussion Our store is up and running! 3-7-16 (Help us spot bugs)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 117 total)
  • Author
    Susie
    Keymaster

3-6-16: We have our store up again! Its a bit different and may be buggy to begin with – in fact our website looks a bit weird until we get it all prettied up again. Anyone want to give the store a try? I am monitoring it from home as is our webmaster. At the moment the store is a separate log in from the forum and you’ll need to do the “forgot my password” thing to reset your password for it. I also note that the forum is running slow, which is a different problem altogether. You may email susie@windstoneeditions.com to contact me. -Susie

3-7-16 Update: It should be working now! If you have any trouble trying to place an order, please let us know. Keep in mind that the appearance is the “bare bones” from the hasty transfer of our old store to its new platform – we’ll be making it look better and more like the old one, but that will take time. Also note that you can go directly to the store by typing windstonestore.com (instead of windstoneeditions.com) – you may need to re-do your old bookmarks – and you may need to refresh a screen here and there.

3-10/16 Update by Jennifer: Please see Clay’s posts further on this thread (click here to hop there fast) about the changes to our store and how to help us work through the transition!

Scathach
      Participant

I’m getting a “404 page not found” error for almost every category.
        Also, the eBay link doesn’t work. It takes me to anything and everything Windstone.
        That’s it so far.

Life is beautiful.

Susie
        Keymaster

The 404 page error should be fixed – anyone getting now?

Kim
          Blocked

The new store seems to be working and has an interesting lay out. I put something in my shopping cart to test it and see what it would calculate for shipping but its only giving me a priority mail option for shipping to Canada, not first class mail. If more small items come out or grab bags I would not be able to get anything unless you still offer the first class shipping option which should only be about $15 for smaller items, not $36 like priority mail.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Susie
            Keymaster

It SHOULD offer International First Class Mail – We’ll check that!

Please note: while the forum is running SO SLOW, feel free to email observations, problems, and questions to susie@windstoneeditions.com

Susie
              Keymaster

I think it will calculate International First Class mail now! Let me know if it doesn’t!

(and I did notice that the shipping methods appear in kind of an odd order once the calculations have been made – look at them carefully when you are choosing the one you want)

etruscan
                Participant

I see that the slide show is gone – or at least I haven’t found it yet. 🙂 New items and restocks will appear in the “Featured” thumbnails near the bottom of the main Store page?

Susie
                  Keymaster

The slide show part is temporarily not where it belongs. We are concentrating on getting the store to allow one to place an order, then the rest of putting things where they belong will take place.

By the way, old bookmarks into the store will probably not work – if you enter from a bookmark, you will probably not find yourself where you want to be and will need to re-bookmark the store.

So far, no one has successfully placed an order. Issues are being addressed but we need time to deal with them.

Thank you to everyone who has informed us of problems! Keep letting us know of issues you find.

Sorry it didn’t work right away as we had hoped! It will soon!

Meantime, if there is something you really need to buy on Monday, email me early in the day, susie@windstoneeditions.com, and I’ll help you. (but maybe the store will work!)

ROSE
                    Participant

Dragons used to take up six pages, now it’s 16. Grab bags used to be one page, now they take 3. AWFUL!

chibishiro12
                      Participant

Are the join the waitlist buttons on the sold out items the same as the notify when back in stock button? Or do we need to join the waitlist to be notified now?

Also not sure about having just the read more or add to cart buttons. Will we get to know how many is in stock again?

Then when I added the tadpoads to my cart to test it out, I couldn’t read the quantity number past one digit (and even single digits are cut off).

Looking for-
                        red fire young dragon
                        old animal line frog, wolf, barn owl, tortoise, tiger cub

Susie
                        Keymaster

The appearance of the store is not finished – we tried to get it up and running before making the pages look the way they are meant to. Please be patient, we’ll get it fixed up!

Susie
                          Keymaster

The “join waitlist” button is the same as the “notify when back in stock button” we used to have. Unfortunately we couldn’t preserve the lists of people waiting to be notified for each productt when something was back in stock. You may wish to press the Join Waitlist button on item you are waiting for. We shall also be making more announcements to everyone about restocks in an effort to let everyone know.

For a long time we’ve only shown the number in stock when it was below 10 – now I believe the number in stock will show when it is below 5 pieces – but I need to verify that.

Susie
                            Keymaster

If we have 5 or less of an item the quantity shows on the items page – you can see it on the Male Dragon in Emerald-Peacock where only one is left at this time (and that by the way, will be restocked very soon).

I see the problem with the place where you select the quantity to put in your cart – I’ll let our webmaster know about that.

Please realize that we will be working on the appearance of the store to make it all look the way we want it to and to function the way we want it to. I know that the sizes of the pictures are all over the place – this will take some time to fix up.

Feel free to let us know about things you miss from the old store – somethings may not be possible – but we’ll have a look!

Susie
                              Keymaster

chibishiro12: Try looking at the add to cart button and see if the quantity box shows for you now – you may need to refresh the page if its still funny looking. We think that has been fixed, but check!

chibishiro12
                                Participant

It’s still the same, the quantity box is cut off so that you can’t see a whole digit, and can’t read what number it is if it is over 9 (both on the item’s page and in the cart). I think the box needs to be widened to show the whole number.

On another note, I was wondering why the grab bag tadpoads are both just called tadpoad for the safari and fantasy (and I thought safari was out of stock? Did I miss the restock?)

Looking for-
                                  red fire young dragon
                                  old animal line frog, wolf, barn owl, tortoise, tiger cub

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 117 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.