fbpx

Our store is up and running! 3-7-16 (Help us spot bugs)

Home Forums Windstone Editions Windstone Store Discussion Our store is up and running! 3-7-16 (Help us spot bugs)

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 117 total)
  • Author
    Susie
    Keymaster

🙂 I only wish YOU could have updated that address yourself. I am wondering how many other people have wrong addresses showing up in their accounts.

Scathach
      Participant

I’m not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but in the “Postponed” section, the adult Poads are all just listed as “Poad”. It would be really helpful to have the proper names associated with each one. I know that this is waaaayyyy down on this list since they are postponed. But, when you get a chance, could you please replace the names?

thanks.

Life is beautiful.

Marianne
        Participant

Just curious. I put an order in during the time that the store was down through email and it doesn’t show up in my orders. Is there any reason why it is important to have it I’m my order history?
          Thanks.

Susie
          Keymaster

MelodiousMimi – there isn’t an important reason for your order to appear in your order history – unless you wonder what you bought and when you bought it – no one can look that up – and if something had gone wrong with it, we’d all have a lot more trouble finding the date it was placed in order to find the paper work for it! I think we are fine. There is no way for me to add it to your order history.

Susie
            Keymaster

We have determined that currently (we hope to fix this) your shopping cart will work best if you log into your account first, before placing anything into it. I’ve put a banner at the top of store pages to inform people of this – it looks kind of like its covering the “my account” button – can someone have a look and tell me what they think? I don’t know how to make it thinner.

fatalbeauty
              Participant

We have determined that currently (we hope to fix this) your shopping cart will work best if you log into your account first, before placing anything into it. I’ve put a banner at the top of store pages to inform people of this – it looks kind of like its covering the “my account” button – can someone have a look and tell me what they think? I don’t know how to make it thinner.

can’t see anywhere to log in, on my screen the new note covers the whole top of the page….also I was scrolling down and the note follows, continuing to cover the top of the screen….my browser is Firefox….

I won’t be able to order anything how it is currently….

4 things I'm looking for:
                1. Mother Meerkat
                2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
                3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
                4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Susie
                Keymaster

Sorry! That did not work! I took the banner away. Please refresh your screen and it will be gone.

Since the store works best with a customer logged into it, we are going to experiment with taking away the ability for a “guest” to check out without logging in.

If you are in the habit of buying as a guest, please make an account and log into it before placing something in your shopping cart – if you put something in your cart before logging in, it may jump back out.

We are working to fix these shopping cart problems but until they are fixed, log in, then shop.

fatalbeauty
                  Participant

Sorry! That did not work! I took the banner away. Please refresh your screen and it will be gone.

*refreshes, evil banner is gone* much better!

1. Mother Meerkat
                    2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF

etruscan
                    Participant

The store now says “Log Out” when one is logged in. Yay – Hooray!

fatalbeauty
                      Participant

The store now says “Log Out” when one is logged in. Yay – Hooray!

yey! no more confusion!

1. Mother Meerkat

Okay, Something rather alarming has happened ever since I tried out the new store layout: Logging in issues aside, my pc has seemed to have been attacked, by pop-up malware. I have been struggling to find the source for about 2 weeks now. I use Firefox. I tried switching to Chrome, but…that was worse.

My security software reports everything is secure, and that my pc is protected. I have run scans, and clean-ups. The problem persists. I even attempted a roll-back, with no success. I am not computer savvy at all. I have no idea as to what to do next. I can log into the forum, and all is fine. (otherwise I wouldn’t be able to talk in this thread) But the shop, and any other places of e-commerce, hits me with the malware again. It has literally tied my hands. I shop for lots of supplies and items online, and now I can’t. Even outside links, I run the risk if I want to read an article or watch a video. I am so sad.

Is anyone else experiencing anything similar? 🙁

Post Script: I am one of the few folks left on Earth I think that still does NOT have any smart phone of any type. So my pc is all I have to use on the internet.

…any thoughts?

Mary
                        Participant

DreamingTreeStudio, I’m not having any problems on new Winstone site except for slowness & a few glitches in the order process. Last night when I ordered a red-pands tanuki, it added a color-shift one in my cart, which I didn’t add to my cart, but I caught it & removed it before placing the order.

As to pop-up malware, if you’re using Firefox browser, there’s some good malware blockers available for free as add-on extensions. I’d recommend Adblock Plus (pop-up addition), better privacy, ghostery, no-script. Ghostery is neat in that it not only blocks pop-ups & malware, but it allows you to see the sheer volume of marketing network “pushers” trying to collect data wherever you go on the Internet. No-script allows you to filter out much of the script malware that’s pushed to one’s PC.

Hope that helps

Pam

What programs did you use to scan for malware?

As to pop-up malware, if you’re using Firefox browser, there’s some good malware blockers available for free as add-on extensions. I’d recommend Adblock Plus (pop-up addition), better privacy, ghostery, no-script. Ghostery is neat in that it not only blocks pop-ups & malware, but it allows you to see the sheer volume of marketing network “pushers” trying to collect data wherever you go on the Internet. No-script allows you to filter out much of the script malware that’s pushed to one’s PC.

Hope that helps

I will give them a try. I hate not really knowing what I am doing though. I am afraid I might do something wrong, and crash my computer.

Mary
                            Participant

I will give them a try. I hate not really knowing what I am doing though. I am afraid I might do something wrong, and crash my computer.

DreamingTreeStudio – Don’t be afraid to try out new add-ons. If they don’t work on your PC, you can easily uninstall them. If you need any help, just PM me.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 117 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.