fbpx

Next PYO Swap Question?

Home Forums Miscellany Swaps Next PYO Swap Question?

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 109 total)
  • Author
    Skeeterdeee
    Participant

Which critter would it be? Will it be whichever there are a bunch of when you start the swap? I remember watching one of the other swaps and it looked like a lot of fun πŸ™‚

We do them all, but I think muses are left out, lol, some people specify what critter they want, and colours, others just colours or critter, and some dont specify anything! Some will specify what they dont want to paint (I refuse dragons cause I suck at scales lol) so in the end everyone is happy (i hope) with what they get to paint, and what they get painted for them!!

Skeeterdeee
      Participant

I asked because I’m great with scales, I suck at feathers! πŸ˜† The feathery critters intimidate me

drag0nfeathers
        Participant

You can choose which sculpture you prefer and do not prefer to paint. dragonmedley and I always do ur best to make everyone happy.

Got a busted Windstone?
          drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
          *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
          Arc-en-ciel Emperor
          Siphlophis Male Dragon
          Calypso Hatching Empress
          Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
          Tattoo Mother Kirin
          Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
          Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
          Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
          Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
          Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
          Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Apari
          Participant

I’m deffinately in for the next one. I’ve only painted dragons though, not sure how I would fair with a griffin.

dragonmedley
            Participant

sagiaparri wrote:

I’m deffinately in for the next one. I’ve only painted dragons though, not sure how I would fair with a griffin.

Hey, griffins might not be available! No worries, like the others said, just have fun!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
              http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
              I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
              http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

bayoudragon
              Participant

I also want to make a point here. There are many people who don’t want to join because they are afraid that their work isn’t good enough and that their swap partner might feel cheated. We always hear, “I can’t paint.” or “I don’t have any talent.” This isn’t aimed at you Skeeter, I’m so happy you are willing to join! 8) It’s just that these statements always come up.

I don’t give a flying flip whether or not anyone thinks they can or can’t paint. If I was afraid that I couldn’t get something of equal value in return, then I wouldn’t enter the swap in the first place. That’s not why we hold the swaps. The swaps are about giving and receiving. They’re about giving it your best and making something special for someone… and that’s all that matters. The swaps are a big forum feel good. πŸ™‚

And FYI, even the best artists are often plagued by fear (heck, there’s books on the subject). It’s the nature of the beast. LOL

So there! πŸ˜› I’ll get off my soapbox now, but I want to see a big long list of participants. πŸ˜†

Skeeterdeee
                Participant

That’s EXACTLY how I was feeling, bayou!! I see some of the amazing things that some of you guys make and I worry that my swapee would be disappointed. I picture someone opening the box and saying “What the heck is THAT??”. I’d like to give it a shot, when I watched the past swap I felt like I was missing the fun!! πŸ˜€

bayoudragon
                  Participant

If someone is joining the swap only to get a great piece, then their heart is in the wrong place and shouldn’t enter the swap to begin with. πŸ˜› Sorry if that offended anyone… it’s just my two cents. 😳

If you’ve never painted a PYO before, feel free to ask any of us for any pointers so you aren’t starting cold turkey. Nam has a great tutorial on painting PYOs… and I have a step-by-step muse thread somewhere. πŸ™‚

dragonmedley
                    Participant

I’ll also add that thanks to the swaps, I’ve tried things I never thought of before. I think both me and the recipients were pleasantly surprised…

And I think we’ve had member paint their first ever PYO in the swap! So if you want to join in, you are welcome. Lurkers too!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                      http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                      I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                      http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

siberakh1
                      Participant

Yes! Join! You know you want to. πŸ˜€

Is another swap lined up? Yay, I can’t wait! I’ve been absent here for a while but definitely don’t want to miss it. I agree, it’s really fun for me and kinda like painting a special piece as a gift in a way for someone, but I’m still fearful and nervous they won’t be happy with it.

twindragonsmum
                        Participant

Agree, agree, agree! My skillz are coming along – I’ve painted for greater basilisk, purpledoggy and meganichan (I think they were pleased with their pieces) and received from emerald, pegasi and kujacker and was totally thrilled by their work! It’s the fact of someone painting just for you, that they were sharing with me a part of themselves :yes: I can hardly wait for the next one! Me boyohs want to enter as well – twindragon1 (ethan) and twindragon2 (sean) *bounces in seat with impatient excitement..)

twindragonsmum :snappy: πŸ˜€

tdm

Azurielle
                          Participant

Are we doing another swap? i loved the 1st one. Only problem might be getting a pyo something to do it, but i got lucky last time and someone had a blank to sell me. (my own swap partner in fact!)

Keeper of the Fledgings

Diana L
                            Participant

I’m really shy about my painting but wanted to know how long do we have to get the PYO done. I’m getting really good at muses, hahaha. I could try a dragon (first one) or anything but a wolf. Thinking about this…..

Edit: This sounds better and better – I’ll give it a try, sign me up when we get a list going *runs off to practice on a muse, poor guy*

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 109 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.