fbpx

Next PYO Swap Question?

Home Forums Miscellany Swaps Next PYO Swap Question?

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 109 total)
  • Author
    pipsxlch
    Participant

Finances are keeping me out anyhow, but i’m definately one of the ‘i’m not good enough’s. It’s kind of intimidating when your meager effort is going up against the likes of Koishii, GB, Drag0n, Melody… I’m kind of wondering if I shouldn’t have joined the ornament swap now, since I see people like etruscan were in it. I hope my person isn’t too disappointed.

dragonmedley
      Participant

azurielle wrote:

Are we doing another swap? i loved the 1st one. Only problem might be getting a pyo something to do it, but i got lucky last time and someone had a blank to sell me. (my own swap partner in fact!)

Barring total lack of PYOs in the store, in January.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
        http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
        I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
        http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Skeeterdeee
        Participant

pipsxlch wrote:

Finances are keeping me out anyhow, but i’m definately one of the ‘i’m not good enough’s. It’s kind of intimidating when your meager effort is going up against the likes of Koishii, GB, Drag0n, Melody… I’m kind of wondering if I shouldn’t have joined the ornament swap now, since I see people like etruscan were in it. I hope my person isn’t too disappointed.

Don’t feel that way, pip! I started the ornament swap just to have a little fun around the holidays. ๐Ÿ™‚

etruscan
          Participant

skeeterdeee wrote:

pipsxlch wrote:

Don’t feel that way, pip! I started the ornament swap just to have a little fun around the holidays. ๐Ÿ™‚

Heavens no, don’t feel that way! I joined the ornament swap because I have patterns and supplies for making little felt critters (as you saw). But that is as far as I go. PYOs scare the heck out of me, though I certainly enjoy looking at everyone elses’s work (and I have been lucky enough to buy a few along the way).

etruscan
            Participant

Follow-up question: the most daunting part of PYOs may be all the supplies that seem to be required. How much room do all the paints, and powders, and brushes, and airbrushes, and sealers, and thinners, etc. take up? Or is it one of those things that starts small and expands?

Diana L
              Participant

For me the painting has started small and grown. So far I can fit most all my stuff in two boxes and a few jelly jars, hahaha. Actually I use a card table in our back “whatever” room and a light on the table so It seems it can be as formal or informal as you have room for. Oh, and mine comes with two resident art critics that wear funky fur coats all the time and mutter something like “meow” every once in while. (Art critics are optional.)

Apari
                Participant

etruscan wrote:

Follow-up question: the most daunting part of PYOs may be all the supplies that seem to be required. How much room do all the paints, and powders, and brushes, and airbrushes, and sealers, and thinners, etc. take up? Or is it one of those things that starts small and expands?

The biggest part of my setup, is the compressor. I don’t use the standard airbrush compressor, but a small “use around the house” one.
                  The airbrushes usually come in a handy little case, which doesn’t take up much room at all. I usually leave everything out on the table in the den until I finish painting a sculpt, so it is very nice to have an extra bedroom to leave it all out.
                  I would say everything I have (Other than my compressor) would take up a 12″ wide – 24″ long – 10″ deep container.
                  That includes my paints, brushes, airbrush, thinners, mediums, clear coat, etc.. ๐Ÿ™‚
                  Of course your painting supply are likely to grow.

I dont have an airbrush I do everything with paintbrushes, and everything I have fits in one plastic container that has enough room for the PYO as well, or 2 or 3, depending on the sculpture, it really depends on what you want to have, I pack all my stuff up and do most everything at work, no animals here, and I have lots of down time to work on them here.

Hannah
                  Participant

etruscan wrote:

I’ve been painting since I was a little girl so I have a pretty good grasp of what I need when starting something like a PYO at this point. I also mix all of my paints using the primary colors, so I only have 5 bottles of paint (plus 4 bottles of interference) that take up any room on my desk. I do not airbrush but I have seen the kits for those and they seem to take up about as much space as a briefcase. I have about a half dozen paintbrushes that I have different uses for, and I have a jar of gold paint and some pallets, gloss and topcoats. That’s it! Pictured here: My messy desk, my supplies and a Keeper for size reference.

(not pictured: Retarder and interference, all bottles smaller than the ones you see up there)

I can fit it all into the mini-backpack that I used in Kindergarten ๐Ÿ˜† I’m not even kidding. I still use it. I am such a nerd.

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
                    Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

etruscan
                    Participant

Thanks for all the replies. I still doubt that I would ever attempt a PYO, but it is good to know that I have enough room to do it. ๐Ÿ™‚

Skeeterdeee
                      Participant

HOLY MOLEY!! Have you seen how many keepers are in the store?? ๐Ÿ˜ฎ YAAAAAY!!

Apari
                        Participant

I know! That should last a while at least. *keeps fingers crossed for griffins* :yes:

Hannah
                          Participant

Now that I’m nearing the end of my PYO queue, does anyone know when this is possibly going to get started? I know this month was planned (and what a great month – ALL PYO’s except the little dragon are available!) but any idea around what time of month?

Sorry if I’m being picky ๐Ÿ˜† I like to be pretty much constantly working on something so I want to know if I should wait to start something new or not ๐Ÿ™‚

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
                            Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

KoishiiKitty
                            Participant

I’m ready for a swap.

bayoudragon
                              Participant

I’d be ready for one as well, esp. before work gets busy in the spring. ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 109 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.