fbpx

New website concerns (fixes, suggestions, etc)

Home Forums Miscellany Help & Feedback New website concerns (fixes, suggestions, etc)

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 655 total)
  • Author
    Kim
    Blocked

Another question about classified ads, can you increase the size limit of the pictures back to 2 MB? It looks like it will only take pictures up to 1 MB now and half the pictures I had in my ads before have disappeared. I don’t want to have to resize a ton of photos again that I already resized before. I also had links in my ads for photobucket photos before and those are also all gone now too.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

etruscan
      Participant

It’s off for me also, but I’m on the East Coast and Windstone is on the West Coast. Times on the old Forum reflected the three hour time difference. It looks as though this new Forum is the same way.

Angelika_Zen
        Participant

Susie!! I added an underscore between the two names and was able to upload a cover picture. Thanks Susie! Thanks Clay!

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

Jennifer
          Keymaster

Right now it is set to 1 megabyte. 1mb is actually a pretty large image file for web use, and by keeping it 1mb or less, it will help reduce the load on our servers!

As for your photobucket links, some (or all?) html may have been lost in the transfer, I’m not sure. You may need to copy-paste that back in.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
            My art: featherdust.com

fatalbeauty
            Participant

one thing I just remembered and I couldn’t find when I looked, will there still be an ignored users area?

4 things I'm looking for:
              1. Mother Meerkat
              2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
              3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
              4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Susie
              Keymaster

I just discovered that the eye color chart does not link to each Paint Your Own item. I’ve let Clay know about this, but meantime, if you are shopping for a Paint Your Own item and are uncertain about what color eyes to choose, you can let me know in the customer notes and I can send an extra set of eyes – then you can mail back the ones you don’t use. For example if you are uncertain about the shade of yellow, order with light yellow, and ask for a set of bright yellow, and I’ll send both. susie@windstoneeditions.com

Clay
                Keymaster

I just added an update to the About This Site page. If there is an issue you are concerned about that isn’t addressed there, please let me know.

Clay
                  Keymaster

One more thing: there are 11 classifieds that are sitting in the “incomplete” list, waiting for approval. If you have submitted one of these ads and are desperate to have it published, let me know (and tell me which one it is). Otherwise, I would like to wait a little bit (maybe a day) so that the guys who are trying to troubleshoot this can have some clues to go on. Thanks.

Susie
                    Keymaster

I just posted a thread about the “About This Site” page in the “introductory” forum and I clicked on “stick to front” and it now seems to be at the beginning of every forum! I guess that’s o.k for now… But I didn’t know it was going to do that! Other moderators – you may alter it if you see fit! -Susie

Jennifer
                      Keymaster

Susie: I think it’s good to have it stuck to all the forums temporarily, while we are still working on so much! That way no one misses it. But in the future, if you ever want to make something a “sticky” in the forum that it lives in only, click the word “stick” and not (to front), and it will sticky it only in that forum.

Non-moderators can ignore this as it is not an option!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                        My art: featherdust.com

Susie
                        Keymaster

A note about Private Messages: If you have your account set to send you an email to notify you of a new private message (to set it to do this, go into your account, go to “settings”, and then to “email”, and you will see that you can choose “yes” or “no” for it to email you when new messages are received) please be aware that if you reply to the email that you receive (instead of following the link to the message and replying in a private message) – your reply will come to me! I will be confused and take a moment to figure out that the message was not meant for me. I will then email you back to let you know of the error, but it could happen that I think the message IS meant for me and you’ll then be confused by my reply! I may have actually done this already without realizing it.

I am worried that during weekends when I do not check the “service@windstoneeditions.com” email, you will think that your recipient has received a message from you, and they will not have, and this will cause a delay in communications. If you are waiting for a reply and don’t get one – check your “sent messages” box to see if your message is in there – if you sent me a message instead, it won’t be.

We will all get used to this eventually!

Susie
                          Keymaster

Thank you Jennifer! I didn’t notice the “stick” button – I’ll look for it again!

Angelika_Zen
                            Participant

Did we lose our purchase history? I am only showing a list of orders/invoices for 2016…

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

GardenNinja
                              Participant

I lost most of my old pm’s,and I’d really like them back. In your status, you said it seemed to be people who have had more thsn one email address. But I have always used the same address.
                                Another thing is that in some of the conversations, only the ones sent by me remain.

My keyboard is broken. I keep pressing "Escape", but I'm still here.

Clay
                                Keymaster

Sorry about your PMs. I’m still trying to sort out why some got transferred and others didn’t. If you notice any pattern to it (for example your PMs from certain users didn’t make it, or messages before a certain date) please let me know. That would really help us troubleshoot this. I also have the guys who migrated the data for us looking into it. I’m confident we’ll get it fixed, I just don’t know how soon. If you can give me examples of the ones where only your replies are there, that would also be helpful. Thanks.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 655 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.