fbpx

New website concerns (fixes, suggestions, etc)

Home Forums Miscellany Help & Feedback New website concerns (fixes, suggestions, etc)

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 653 total)
  • Author
    Clay
    Keymaster

Several people have asked about zooming in on their mobile devices. Normally, responsive websites (sites that adjust the layout to display well on mobile devices) do not have pinch-to-zoom functionality. However, since some Windstone users seem to use that feature a lot, I have enabled it for now. It doesn’t work very well when viewing lightbox images (images that open in a separate window), but for photos that are part of a page/post it seems to be fine.

Jennifer
      Keymaster

Are you looking mostly at very LONG threads when this happens? Ones with lots and lots and lots of pages?
        I’m wondering if the new platform just can’t handle threads over 100 pages. In this case, we should start new threads for those topics, I think. Having enormously long threads can sort of be a pain for this sort of thing…. Hmm!!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
        My art: featherdust.com

Jennifer
        Keymaster

Good idea. I will make a new PYO commission post/thread. A lot of it was very old info anyhow.
          I’ll do the same for the repairs forum and the wish lists. If you can think of any other posts we should start fresh, I’d be happy to do that as well.

I’m actually having a problem FINDING some of the old stickied posts… like the feedback list post, PYO commission list, repair commission list, some of the rules pages. They are so buried, sometimes in hundreds of pages, and the search function isn’t grabbing them well. I’ll see if I can dig them out. If someone else beats me to it, can you post the links to this thread for me? If I had been thinking, I would have bookmarked them BEFORE the migration! Doh!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com

etruscan
          Participant

Another sticky that I would like to see retrieved, if possible, is Wolfenmachine’s database of production sculpts and colors. I found that one very useful.

Jennifer
            Keymaster

Clay, another weird problem that I am not finding a way to fix: In my account, under “Forums”, it lists all of the topics I’ve started. I thought this would be an easy way to find threads I have started in the past (such as rules, etc), but it won’t let me go backward past “page 1”. I tried on several different browsers.

If anyone can find that thread, please link it here for me so I can re-sticky it.

Ela_Hara
              Participant

Jennifer —
                I think you are on to something… the threads with many many posts, such as the Copyright Infringement thread (1068 posts) is one that will not work when clicking on the ‘freshness’ link – it doesn’t work on my BB or my desktops. The shorter ones, such as this thread, do work with the ‘freshness’ link, so it may be the length of the threads that’s causing the issue.

And Clay… THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for enabling the pinch-to-zoom feature! It works GREAT and is just AWESOME! 😀

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Jennifer
                Keymaster

I’ve started making new threads to replace the older, super long ones that we still actively use (such as the copyright infringement thread). Even if the forum is not having trouble with threads that have over 100 replies… well, honestly, over 100 replies is pretty dang long anyhow, so we can afford to start a new copy! This will probably make things load faster, anyhow. A lot of the really old threads have some weird formatting issues after being imported across not one but TWO different platforms over the last 10 years!

WolfenMachine
                  Participant

I’m concerned about my PMs. None of them are showing up-from the olden days nor a new one I sent. IDK if the person replied because there’s no record of me sending the message an I don’t see an “outbox” sort of thing.

Susie
                    Keymaster

Woofen – When you go into your account and click on “messages” there are some tabs to the left where the messages are stored: “inbox” “starred” “compose” and “sent” Hopefully you’ll find the old ones in the inbox and sent box.

Clay
                      Keymaster

WolfenMachine,

I’m wondering if maybe you had another account at some point (or a different forum name) and maybe your PMs got attached to that. Did you ever use a different name?

fatalbeauty
                        Participant

?

4 things I'm looking for:
                          1. Mother Meerkat
                          2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
                          3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
                          4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Nightcrow
                          Participant

I have some feedback/suggestions/concerns for the new Classified Ad section, which I’ve been exploring today.

* Classified ads no longer show the ad type? It doesn’t show next to/with the ad on the My Listings page, the Classifieds page, or the ad itself! I’m trying to delete a duplicate ad – it had expired because I wanted it to go away, but in the transition my other ad expired, too. I want to revive only the correct one, but I can’t tell the duplicate from the original, because the only difference was that one had been posted in the wrong section and that’s no longer indicated anywhere in the ad that I can see!) And unless I’m overlooking something, even when in “Edit Ad” there appears to be no place to select the category!

* HTML has been lost, too – the ads which had html-encoded images no longer contain the HTML, even in a disabled state; it’s been eaten. This means I don’t know which pictures I had in which ads!

* Price shows in every ad, even “wanted” and “trade” ads, which is really distracting visually (especially since everything appears as $0.00 right now) and wastes a lot of space in the list view; could trade/wanted ads instead display “TRADE” or “WANTED” there? That would help.

* Ads no longer show the poster’s name in the list view, either, which is slightly frustrating. (I’m a frequent browser, so I tend to keep track of “have I seen that one already, or should I open it?” by usernames.)

The forums themselves seem to be great; I haven’t caught any bugs or weirdnesses there – though I haven’t yet tried to PM anybody – and they look good… even better, they are 1000% FASTER YAY! \o/ And I haven’t once had to stop a stalled-out page and retype my response, only to discover it had gone through despite the stall and now I’ve double-posted! Congrats to Clay and the Windstone Team!

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

dragonmedley
                            Participant

I’m going to add another question here: is there any way the ads can be sorted by date, with the most recent at the top?

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                              http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                              I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                              http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

etruscan
                              Participant

OK – today’s stupid question … how do you start a new topic? Obviously some people have figured this out, but I have not. 😛

Angelika_Zen
                                Participant

Anyone else finding it a nightmare to add profile pics? It doesn’t matter how I resize it, it continues to upload at the same size.

Etruscan, you have both pics showing…what is the size of your cover picture?

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 653 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.