New website concerns (fixes, suggestions, etc)

Home Forums Miscellany Help & Feedback New website concerns (fixes, suggestions, etc)

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 653 total)
  • Author
    Jennifer
    Keymaster

If the method suggested by Susie doesn’t work, just let one of us know and we can change it back for you!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
      My art: featherdust.com

Scathach
      Participant

Since I can’t edit my post, I see that there’s white type in the drop-downs now. Thank you. 🙂

Life is beautiful.

Jennifer
        Keymaster

Oh man, the new formatting on the forums looks great today. Thanks Clay!!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
          My art: featherdust.com

Natasha
          Participant

When I try to update an old ad, it updates but has this message at the top:

This Ad is currently disabled until the Administrator approves it. Only you (the author) can see it.”

Is there anyone who can approve them? Do they go into a queue you can find? These are my ads I’m trying to update:

http://windstoneeditions.com/members/Natashavonlemke/listings/view/348/blind-trades-for-pebble-ponies-pick-two-poads-unis/

http://windstoneeditions.com/members/Natashavonlemke/listings/view/306/rohan-gb-young-uni-for-possible-trade-for-fantasy-unis-this-or-last-batch/

http://windstoneeditions.com/members/Natashavonlemke/listings/view/252/gb-young-uni-for-trade-this-or-earlier-batches-diantha-pink-feathered-tiger/

Thanks!

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
            ANY Red Eyed Unis
            ANY Test Paint Bat
            UNIS:
            The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
            Male- Snow Leopard TP
            White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
            Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
            Mother: Okapi
            Gothic - Mahogany
            PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
            DRAGONS: Male Coyote

Natasha
            Participant

They just showed up so it looks like someone IS approving them. Thank you, Mystery Admin.

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
              ANY Red Eyed Unis
              ANY Test Paint Bat
              UNIS:
              Male- Snow Leopard TP
              Gothic - Mahogany

Clay
              Keymaster

Natasha,

Those ads were in fact in our “ads awaiting approval” queue. They were showing as expired. I renewed them. I’ve been inquiring of the bbPress support people about this issue, but haven’t gotten an answer yet. There must be a way to let users renew ads without having to get them approved every time. I’ll keep you posted.

siberakh1
                Participant

My concern about pagenation and nested replies was already answered. Hopefully that is resolved… I already see improvement in format from how it looked this morning to now. Missing a few messages from prior to the migration and I know one post edit I made didn’t survive from 2 weeks ago, but I had no transactions going that I didn’t also email the other participant in prep for the migration as a precaution, so I’m good there. I’ll need to play more on this format to see what else I see if I get a moment.

One suggestion I have (aimed more toward Jennifer/Nambroth). Since the editing of old posts that were moved from the old platform (yay for not being on Drupal!) to the new platform has disappeared, which I expected would likely happen, for the threads that had a lot of editing to posts by their owners (Wishlists and PYO commissions come to mind), can we start fresh threads for those? I know the Wishlists thread has got a LOT of chitchat that was supposed to be kept to a minimum, but has crept in there. Would be a good opportunity to start fresh on them (and allow for editing of posts again by their owners). I can’t recall if the Wishlists thread was originally stickied (I think it was), but I know the PYO commission one was). Thanks!

Scathach
                  Participant

My ads got straightened out and all four are showing now. The only problem is that the only option the ads seem to give to respond is by email. I don’t like this at all. I really hope that will get changed soon and that contact will be by PM. Yes, you can click on the “send message” button and I’ve updated my ads to show that as my preferred contact.

Life is beautiful.

etruscan
                    Participant

Clicking on the “Freshness” information (how long since a reply was posted) will take you to the last or most recent post for most threads that I have seen.

It does not for this topic – “So, what’s next on the schedule?” under “Ask Melody”. Clicking the “Freshness’ information takes you to the beginning of the thread. Maybe because the thread is 108 pages long?

fatalbeauty
                      Participant

another thing, I don’t see a button to quote anymore…will that be coming back?

4 things I'm looking for:
                        1. Mother Meerkat
                        2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
                        3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
                        4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

etruscan
                        Participant

another thing, I don’t see a button to quote anymore…will that be coming back?

A quote button would be nice …

Clay
                          Keymaster

I found a plugin that enables quotes. Enjoy!

Natasha
                            Participant

Yay! Thank you! Things are really improving every day!

ANY Red Eyed Unis
                              ANY Test Paint Bat
                              UNIS:
                              Male- Snow Leopard TP
                              Gothic - Mahogany

fatalbeauty
                              Participant

new question, will the ability to go directly to new posts in the thread come back?

also, I can’t tell when my classified ad or anyone else’s is about to expire and it would nice if editing an ad would make it newer again….

4 things I'm looking for:
                                1. Mother Meerkat
                                2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
                                3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
                                4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Ela_Hara
                                Participant

I’ve found that for several threads, if I click the ‘freshness’ link it doesn’t take me to the latest post – it did for this specific thread but not many others. I’m using my BlackBerry mostly when looking at these, so I’m not sure if it’s isolated to my method of viewing – I’ll check it on my PC & MAC desktops.

I also miss the way I could ‘pinch’ open my touch screen on my BlackBerry and expand the embedded photographs to zoom in much closer to see details. I cannot do that now. Is that a feature that can be restored or is an option in WordPress?
                                  I REALLY REALLY used that a lot!

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                                  Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                                  Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                                  *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 653 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.