New website concerns (fixes, suggestions, etc)

Home Forums Miscellany Help & Feedback New website concerns (fixes, suggestions, etc)

Viewing 15 posts - 586 through 600 (of 653 total)
  • Author
    Clay
    Keymaster

The pictures aren’t displaying correctly in the classifieds. When you click on them, the top parts of the pictures are cut off, hidden under words at the top of the page and there’s no where to x them out to go back to the ad.

This is fixed now (thanks for pointing it out). You may need to clear your browser cache for the changes to take effect.

etruscan
      Participant

The “Windstone Products Gallery” can be accessed but it looks strange because the photos aren’t showing and the pieces aren’t identified. However, if you click above “1 photo” (or however many there are) the photo and name of the piece are there.

Is this something which can be fixed without much difficulty?

Kim
        Blocked

I’m still having problems with how things are showing on the phone. Can you test it or can it go back to the way is was showing before? It was a lot more mobile friendly before the recent changes. I still can’t type on threads without it going beyond the edges of the phone and rotating it isn’t helpful either as I can barely see what I’m typing. Also not sure why but on my laptop if I move the cursor to the right side of the page, the drop down menus from above like community or all products keep appearing even though I am not hovering over the community word and multiple times I am trying to scroll or click on something else on the right and the drop down menu shows up and I accidentally click on that instead. I think it should only show up when you click on the header words.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Angelika_Zen
          Participant

I am typing this from my phone and none of what you describe is happening, Kim….I wonder if it’s your device?

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

Clay
            Keymaster

Kim, could you try clearing your browser cache and reloading the page? If you’re not sure how to do that, just PM me and I’ll help you. Thanks

LZ
              Participant

I am trying to do research on my PYO swap partner’s collection, so I was checking the forum replies created tab on their profile, so photos would show up. No results will show past the first page. If I click for page two or the next arrow or anything, it says no results found.

I still have the above going on, but today I see a new issue, unless this was done on purpose: when I logged in there was no Captcha tick box.

Looking for...

Sitting young oriental dragon koi gold and white

Clay
                Keymaster

I am trying to do research on my PYO swap partner’s collection, so I was checking the forum replies created tab on their profile, so photos would show up. No results will show past the first page. If I click for page two or the next arrow or anything, it says no results found.

I still have the above going on, but today I see a new issue, unless this was done on purpose: when I logged in there was no Captcha tick box.

The pagination of other users’ forum content is something I’m still working on (you may have noticed that the pagination links work on your own profile, but not on other profiles). I’ve contacted the plugin developer about it and am waiting for a response. I upgrade the Captcha to version 3, which does not have the “I’m not a robot” checkbox. It works behind the scenes without bothering users about clicking pictures, etc. So far the new version has worked perfectly, but let me know if you have any trouble logging in.

Kim
                  Blocked

I cleared the cache and everything and reloaded it and it still isn’t working properly. See the pictures of screenshots.

Screenshot_20200318-020925

Screenshot_20200318-020801

Screenshot_20200318-020749

Screenshot_20200318-020528

Screenshot_20200318-021644-1

Screenshot_20200318-021704-1

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

StormDancer
                    Participant

My phone does the same thing as Kims in her first 2 photos of the drop down menus.
                      But once in the forums I can see the full posting in each thread without it going beyond the edges of the phone. And I can easily post something without the text box going beyond the edges of the phone as well.

Looking for:
                      "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

Clay
                      Keymaster

My phone does the same thing as Kims in her first 2 photos of the drop down menus.
                        But once in the forums I can see the full posting in each thread without it going beyond the edges of the phone. And I can easily post something without the text box going beyond the edges of the phone as well.

I will work on this this afternoon. It may require some trial and error since I can’t reproduce the issue on my phone. So if you can help me out with a little more info, I’d appreciate it.

The dropdown menu did appear too wide on my iPhone until I cleared my browser cache, and now it looks good in both Safari and Chrome. What kind of phones/browsers are you guys using? Kim, if you pinch to zoom out, does the page then look normal? And also, is this only happening on forum pages, or on other pages (like product pages or the homepage) as well?

BTW, the menu issue is the result of some custom coding that “collapses” the menu, making the list of PRODUCTS, DRAGONS, and all the COMMUNITY links only appear when those things are tapped. There are so many menu items that the menu seems unwieldy if they’re all displayed all the time. This issue should be fixable, but if not we can always go back to displaying all items.

StormDancer
                        Participant

Thanks Clay.
                          My phone is a OnePlus 6T. It uses Chrome as the browser and I have cleared my cache a few times recently as well as today and the drop down issue is still there.
                          I can deal with it, it is not a big issue for me but I wanted to back up that its not just a single phone with the problem, or at least part of the problem.

Looking for:

etruscan
                          Participant

AACK – what happened to “Postponed Production” and “Permanently Retired” in the store categories?

StormDancer
                            Participant

AACK – what happened to “Postponed Production” and “Permanently Retired” in the store categories?

Scroll alllll the way to the bottom of a page find the Product Category menu and its at the bottom of the drop down menu.

Looking for:

Clay
                              Keymaster

Scroll alllll the way to the bottom of a page find the Product Category menu and its at the bottom of the drop down menu.

Yes, that hasn’t changed. And there is also a link under “Production Categories” on the Product Categories page: https://windstoneeditions.com/product-categories/

etruscan
                                Participant

Yes, that hasn’t changed. And there is also a link under “Production Categories” on the Product Categories page: https://windstoneeditions.com/product-categories/

OK, thanks I do see that. I don’t know what the set-up is on a phone – on my computer “Shop Our Store” is at the bottom of the page (left hand side). I was remembering the page that comes up when clicking on “Shop Our Store”, and I now realize that does still exist.

However, clicking on “All Products” at the top of the Forum brings up a different page with fewer categories. That’s what triggered my post. Sorry for the false alarm!

Viewing 15 posts - 586 through 600 (of 653 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.