fbpx

New Dining Room… Update w/pics, page 7

Home Forums Miscellany Community New Dining Room… Update w/pics, page 7

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 111 total)
  • Author
    Jodi
    Participant

I sleep at night. πŸ˜€

I’ve been in the land of 10,000 tomatoes for a couple weeks, ever since my tomato plants started being covered with little green tomatoes.

Seriously though, I am not working right now, so getting this stuff done is easier. Once I start my temp job on Monday, it will be tougher to fit stuff in. But it will help pay the bills. The conventions I go to have to support me during the summer between temp jobs. That, and Windstone sales.

emerald212 wrote:

I sleep at night. πŸ˜€

I’ve been in the land of 10,000 tomatoes for a couple weeks, ever since my tomato plants started being covered with little green tomatoes.

Are you planning on canning tomatoes too? On top of everything else?

The dining room looks great so far.

Go ahead click one πŸ˜‰

Jodi
      Participant

I have never canned before, but I think it would work better than freezing. We tend to freeze everything. I will probably have to research it and find out what would be the best way. I may have to learn to can tomatoes. πŸ˜€

Tomatoes are about the easiest thing to can. πŸ˜†

here’s a couple good sites
        http://www.pickyourown.org/canning_tomatoes.htm

http://www.kitchengardeners.org/2006/10/canning_tomatoes.html

The directions may make it look more complicated than it really is πŸ˜† It goes real fast once you get the hang of it.

Jodi
        Participant

It does look complicated. I’ll read through it and see if we have the stuff to do it.

Starbreeze
          Participant

How many tomato plants did you plant? I wish I lived closer…I love fresh, vine ripened tomatoes. πŸ˜€

lamortefille
            Participant

starbreeze wrote:

How many tomato plants did you plant? I wish I lived closer…I love fresh, vine ripened tomatoes. πŸ˜€

Oh yeah…with just a bit of salt. Yum!

Or a tomater sandwich yummmm

Starbreeze
              Participant

lamortefille wrote:

starbreeze wrote:

Oh yeah…with just a bit of salt. Yum!

That’s how I like them too! πŸ˜€

Jodi
                Participant

We planted three roma tomatoes, four big boy, one beefy yellow, and one yellow pear tomatoes. We also have three green bell pepper plants, one jalapeno, one habinero, and one mariachi pepper plants.

purpledragonclaw
                  Participant

Ooh, you have a habanero?? I’d love to see pics of your garden! Are those hard to grow?

darjeb
                    Participant

Looks like you are doing a great job

Jodi
                      Participant

purpledragonclaw wrote:

Ooh, you have a habanero?? I’d love to see pics of your garden! Are those hard to grow?

Just stuck it in the ground, water it, and keep it clear of weeds. Bunnies and squirrels won’t eat more than one pepper (they do learn!), so no worries there.

New light fixture and medallion got put up today. Yes, the trim is still pink. We are painting it tomorrow.

emerald212 wrote:

I have never canned before, but I think it would work better than freezing. We tend to freeze everything. I will probably have to research it and find out what would be the best way. I may have to learn to can tomatoes. πŸ˜€

It’s easy, last year we made a bunch of salsa and spaghetti sauce from my friend Betty’s sister’s garden, she went nuts and planted a huge amount of tomatoes…to give you an idea, we canned 64 quarts of spaghetti sauce and 16 quarts of salsa.

Kyrin

Starbreeze
                        Participant

emerald212 wrote:

purpledragonclaw wrote:

Just stuck it in the ground, water it, and keep it clear of weeds. Bunnies and squirrels won’t eat more than one pepper (they do learn!), so no worries there.

New light fixture and medallion got put up today. Yes, the trim is still pink. We are painting it tomorrow.

Very pretty!!! πŸ˜€

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 111 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.