fbpx

New Batch Grab Bag Baby Unis!

Home Forums Windstone Editions Grab Bags New Batch Grab Bag Baby Unis!

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 180 total)
  • Author
    Leigha
    Participant

Holy Moley, I was on when they hit the store, clicked the add to cart button and laaaaaaaaaaaag central. The page never did load for me; after 5 minutes of waiting I gave up. Hopefully next batch is bigger. I think those who got one this time around should be excluded from next batch for the first couple hours/first day so everyone who wants one can get one, and then have the leftovers be up for grabs.

Sirithiliel
      Participant

Holy Moley, I was on when they hit the store, clicked the add to cart button and laaaaaaaaaaaag central. The page never did load for me; after 5 minutes of waiting I gave up. Hopefully next batch is bigger. I think those who got one this time around should be excluded from next batch for the first couple hours/first day so everyone who wants one can get one, and then have the leftovers be up for grabs.

I like that idea, though I don’t know how they’d enforce it or be able to weed out who already got one =/

Sikek
        Participant

I was (from the looks of it) extremely lucky to get one this batch.
          I ‘m more than happy to sit out of next batch =) It’s better if everyone can get one for sure.

Kiya
          Participant

I like that idea, though I don’t know how they’d enforce it or be able to weed out who already got one =/

That’s what I’m wondering. If the batches were close together I think it would be easy, but if there is a pretty good lead time, back tracking to figure out who already had one might be really hard.

I don’t think the system is set up to automatically disallow orders from different sessions – that’s why you can order one for you and one for someone else as long as you order them 1 at a time.

Hopefully the next batch will be larger!

siberakh1
            Participant

Yes. This. I agree.

etruscan
              Participant

I believe that the last time there were two batches of a popular item, people who had bought from the first batch were asked not to buy from the second batch. It was honor system, and I think most people complied.

drag0nfeathers
                Participant

I believe that the last time there were two batches of a popular item, people who had bought from the first batch were asked not to buy from the second batch. It was honor system, and I think most people complied.

Yes, I believe this was the case.

Got a busted Windstone?
                  drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                  *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                  Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                  Siphlophis Male Dragon
                  Calypso Hatching Empress
                  Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                  Tattoo Mother Kirin
                  Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                  Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                  Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                  Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                  Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                  Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Heather
                  Participant

Blast. Missed them completely. Rough day at work, got home all jittery, chose to go down and check over the chickens for a little “cluck therapy” to help me wind down . . . and that was when the unis posted. While spending 45 minutes checking the birds over definitely helped me relax, I wish I’d chosen a different 45 minutes. ๐Ÿ™ I sure didn’t expect the unis to post so early in the week!

Kiya
                    Participant

I think that was GB Youngs or Poads (maybe both?) and the batches were only a few days apart.

It’d probably be a harder case to make with people after a few weeks is all I was saying. ๐Ÿ™‚

Johnoloosa
                      Participant

Was really hopeing to get one of these! I tried real hard even while I was still at work!!! LOL!
                        But lucky for me I WON the Leopard Appy #2 Test paint on EBAY! So even though Im sad about not getting one of these beauties!!! Super EXCITED to get this leopard guy!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE Windstones!

Johnoloosa
                        Participant

Was sad that I was not able to get one of these beauties! I tried real hard and the same thing happen to me! Said I had one then something happend and it was gone!!! So sad!
                          But on the brite side, I did Win the LEOPARD APPY TEST PAINT #2 ON EBAY! So, am super excited to get him!!!!

Kiya
                          Participant

So, I realize it doesn’t make it better, and I don’t 100% understand Drupal, but that being said, this issue is one I’ve had on both sites I’ve visited and sites my company administers (I’m not an official Windstone employee – my actual employer builds and administers websites for companies like Sony, Microsoft, Best Buy, Comcast, etc).

Basically to my understanding when you have a high number of people on the site performing the same activity (in this case clicking the “add to cart” button) the normal delay in server requests gets exponentially increased.

The server doesn’t update the data in your view of the store until you perform an action. So, first action is loading the page. At the time of the page load, there are say, 5 unicorns in stock.

50 people try to buy said unicorns. The server gets ALL the inquiries very quickly and, for a moment, it gives everyone a unicorn because the requests hit so quickly the server doesn’t realize for users 6-50 the unicorns are gone.

The more additional people who sign on and try to do the same action, the worse it gets, and the slower the server can update correctly. By the time it finishes processing the requests (and fully debiting stock), items seem to ‘disappear’ from carts. Unfortunately while YOU thought you had it, the server was so far behind in updating that it was never really there. ๐Ÿ™

Windstone has done things to help improve this experience – for example, an item is now debited from stock as soon as you click “add to cart” instead of after you have finished filling in your shipping info, payment info, etc. However, this really just moves the problem to a different point in the process (after you click “add to cart” instead of after payment is submitted). If too many people are on the site at the same time doing the same thing, the problem will still happen (phantom cart items).

As someone pointed out, this happens even to major retailers at especially busy times. Unfortunately while there are things you can do to make it less impactful, there is ALWAYS a potential for this type of behavior in an online store. ๐Ÿ™

Scathach
                            Participant

I think those who got one this time around should be excluded from next batch for the first couple hours/first day so everyone who wants one can get one, and then have the leftovers be up for grabs.

Yup, I totally agree! Anyone who got one from this batch shouldn’t even try for one from the next batch. This includes “Oh, it’s for my …. ” One per means one per. Everyone shoule get an equal chance to get ONE. ’nuff said.

Life is beautiful.

Starbreeze
                              Participant

Sounds fair to me!

drag0nfeathers
                                Participant

I don’t want to open a can of worms or cause an argument… it’s been blown out of proportion before so I don’t want to repeat the same banter that usually comes up when this gets brought up, however.. JUST for Grab bags I think one per HOUSEHOLD should be an acceptable rule in small batches like this as opposed to one per customer.

I already know I’m going to get people all bent out of shape who want to say “well, my husband also collects, or my girlfriend or brother or roommate or whatveter also wants one too and it’s not fair because we live in the same house” That is a legitimate argument… if a Windstone actually DID anything… I mean… a Windstone just IS… It sits there on a shelf and looks lovely, that’s all. You have eyeballs in your head to look at one in your home, one is enough for your household. For the respect of fellow collectors who aren’t able to get one at all, I think under these circumstances that’s one way to limit these a little more so it is more fair.

I mean… I have never heard the squabbling of “Nooooo, it’s my turn to play the Windstone!” “Nooooo, it’s mine, you’ve already been playing with the Windstone for a whole hour!!!”

Got a busted Windstone?
                                  drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                                  *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                                  Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                                  Siphlophis Male Dragon
                                  Calypso Hatching Empress
                                  Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                                  Tattoo Mother Kirin
                                  Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                                  Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                                  Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                                  Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                                  Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                                  Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 180 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.