fbpx

New Batch Grab Bag Baby Unis!

Home Forums Windstone Editions Grab Bags New Batch Grab Bag Baby Unis!

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 180 total)
  • Author
    drag0nfeathers
    Participant

Honest, I am really sorry there was such a small batch! I was thinking, “well surely everyone is sick of these by now… it will be fine”. John even said : “you think anyone will buy those?”

I’m telling you Melody! Just let your airbrush explode all over a batch in funky colors and call it “Grab Bag Uni Explosion” WE WILL STILL BUY THEM!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Got a busted Windstone?
      drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
      *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
      Arc-en-ciel Emperor
      Siphlophis Male Dragon
      Calypso Hatching Empress
      Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
      Tattoo Mother Kirin
      Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
      Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
      Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
      Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
      Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
      Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Hannah
      Participant

My .02…Windstone:don’t give any warning when they are going in the store.Still send notices out,though not with the release time in advance, but if you are not around at the time then this time you miss out.Keep us informed of what is coming out just not exactly when until they hit the store page.Just like any other pieces.We catch them when we look.

THIS. A thousand times over. Putting them in the store at a surprise time would seriously limit the amount of people coming in all at once and crashing the store. I really think that telling us even the day that GBs go in is a fatal mistake as far as the poor website is concerned. Some of us have been around enough to know around when you guys put things in, and I definitely noticed a vast increase in the number of users online about a half hour before these last grab bags went in.

I KNOW that if you guys let us know that they are being made, but drop them in the store on a surprise day – they WILL sell out. Maybe not for an hour, but at least that gives more people the chance to get on and grab them, prevents the store from breaking, and quite frankly makes it a more even “playing field” overall. Less drama = happier everyone all around, and I’m sure Windstone would appreciate the website not breaking as well XD

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
        Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Kiya
        Participant

I am actually in favor of NO announcement at all (other than restock notices). Don’t tell us you’re painting them, don’t tell us what style they will be, no live stream, nothing. Just restock them and see what happens. 🙂

Jinya
          Participant

Our Dearest Melody and John
            I believe I speak for many when I say this..
            HOW ON EARTH COULD WE EVER GET TIRED OF THE ART OF ONE OF THE MOST TALENTED, DYNAMIC, AMAZING FANTASY ARTISTS OF ALL TIME???

Plus..
            Grab bag concept itself is exciting! Getting a surprize work of art in the mail personally painted by M. Pena.. total joy!

It has been said before, and we see it clearly in this batch, your painting skills and creativity never cease to continually amaze, awe, and inspire! How could we not want another piece of your ever evolving artistic talent?

Baby Unicorn + Safari + Candy Colors = SUPER AWESOME! We all want it!

And I personally don’t know of any other artist who is so involved with their fans. You are kind to listen to our “Squeaks,” you are caring to paint us more of what we love, you are thoughtful to respond to our conversations on the forum. It makes the art more sentimental and valuable.
            Never in human history has there been anyone who could please everyone at the same time, but you Melody Pena try your best, and I’d say you’re pretty darn good at it.
            YOU, and All YOU do, is So Appreciated, So LOVED, and So INSPIRING!

THANK YOU MELODY!

Melody
            Keymaster

Our Dearest Melody and John
              I believe I speak for many when I say this..
              HOW ON EARTH COULD WE EVER GET TIRED OF THE ART OF ONE OF THE MOST TALENTED, DYNAMIC, AMAZING FANTASY ARTISTS OF ALL TIME???

Plus..
              Grab bag concept itself is exciting! Getting a surprize work of art in the mail personally painted by M. Pena.. total joy!

It has been said before, and we see it clearly in this batch, your painting skills and creativity never cease to continually amaze, awe, and inspire! How could we not want another piece of your ever evolving artistic talent?

Baby Unicorn + Safari + Candy Colors = SUPER AWESOME! We all want it!

And I personally don’t know of any other artist who is so involved with their fans. You are kind to listen to our “Squeaks,” you are caring to paint us more of what we love, you are thoughtful to respond to our conversations on the forum. It makes the art more sentimental and valuable.
              Never in human history has there been anyone who could please everyone at the same time, but you Melody Pena try your best, and I’d say you’re pretty darn good at it.
              YOU, and All YOU do, is So Appreciated, So LOVED, and So INSPIRING!

THANK YOU MELODY!

Oh, gosh! …that is so sweet! Thank you. blush

fatalbeauty
              Participant

I am actually in favor of NO announcement at all (other than restock notices). Don’t tell us you’re painting them, don’t tell us what style they will be, no live stream, nothing. Just restock them and see what happens. 🙂

agreed….let it be a surprise and the site will be able to work much better too during that time….would be nice surprise to get an email of look there’s pretty unicorns to buy…

4 things I'm looking for:
                1. Mother Meerkat
                2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
                3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
                4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Bodine
                Participant

Yep DITTO Jinya! 🙂
                  Ms.Melody,you really don’t have a clue on how we feel about it all and how much you have become a part of out lives.Hats off to ya! :love:

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                  (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                  Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

drag0nfeathers
                  Participant

I am very much in favor of the notice only because I do not live on my computer nor do I have a cell phone that notifies me of when I have a new email notification. I have two jobs and am not able to check the store several times a day to see if anything new has popped in so the notices are a god send for me!

The notices of new product with the times of them being put in are wondereful in my opinon as well as the restock notices on sold out product. The Windstone staff went through A LOT to get these accomidations for us because we were all complaining about how we WANTED notice and we WANTED to be informed of new product! Now we don’t want them anymore after all the trouble they went through to input this new system? I think that is ridiculous, and almost insulting after all the trouble they went through to give us all these features.

The store only seems to crash like this for grab bags ONLY because it is the chance for everyone to receive a one of a kind item and people clamor over them because it’s almost like getting an ebay piece at a store price. This has never happened with other items, only grab bags. The time this happened was with last safari batch which did the same thing. Maybe these should go in the Special Section from now on as OOAKs to keep people from arguing, or just all go individually to ebay so we can pay $400 a piece for them like the last ebay grab bag uni did? At this point Windtone proably isn’t making much money on these so why don’t they avoid all this drama and just make the money they deserve to instead of being nice to us and allowing us to even have grab bags to begin with.

I think the system really can’t improve much more then it is already. It’s a supply and demand issue unfortunately. Not much can be helped without more castings available and I think stopping the notifications because people are too obsessed is ridicuolus. When has Melody and the Windstone team EVER dissappointed us? She will make more when she can.

Got a busted Windstone?
                    *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                    Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                    Siphlophis Male Dragon
                    Calypso Hatching Empress
                    Tattoo Mother Kirin

Honest, I am really sorry there was such a small batch! I was thinking, “well surely everyone is sick of these by now… it will be fine”. John even said : “you think anyone will buy those?”

:jawdrop:

No, wait…

:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

Um. No. I don’t think so. I’m looking forward to eventual GB dragons, and …ahem…still waiting on pebble red foxes. But I’m out of room for the big stuff. I can always squeeze another GBB in somewhere as long as I can afford it.

And obviously I’m not the only one who thinks that way! LOL

Kiya
                    Participant

I don’t think anyone is saying there shouldn’t be new product information or restock notifications.

However, for grab bags, announcing they are happening, showing the live streams, giving a day, etc – that’s what causes so many people to be on the store at once and why it crashes. 🙂

When they are restocking other items, they don’t tell us in advance – we just get the restock notices if we clicked the button.

So, my personal opinion, is we should follow the standard process on the next grab bag and see what happens. Don’t say it’s being planned, just send out restock notices at the time. 🙂 Maybe it won’t work, but it might be worth trying once to see!

drag0nfeathers
                      Participant

I agree with that Kiya *nods* They are a restock afterall and not a new item so that would be probably be a very smart way to do it I think.

Got a busted Windstone?
                        *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                        Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                        Siphlophis Male Dragon
                        Calypso Hatching Empress
                        Tattoo Mother Kirin

etruscan
                        Participant

I agree with that Kiya *nods* They are a restock afterall and not a new item so that would be probably be a very smart way to do it I think.

I don’t really care either way … it is fun to see what is being produced, but the advance notice definitely raises the anxiety level. However, I don’t think that the grab bags are equivalent to other restocks.

A lavender curlie is a lavender curlie whether you get it in the first batch, second batch, third batch or whenever. Each batch of grab bags so far has been in a unique style. I think that they should be treated as new items each time, identified by style, if this is possible.

Sirithiliel
                          Participant

I also like at least seeing the class photo first. THat shows me if there are some in there I like, and therefore can try to save up for and hopefully get. If it was ordering grab bags blind, I’d probably not buy one, because that’s a fair bit of money [for me at least] if there’s a large amount I do not like that much. I know i could trade or sell it, but I’m intimidated by trading and selling and like to avoid it if possible. Plus, it’s fun to see all the different ones.

I like the email notification idea, since that’s what I use to see what’s coming in [like PYOs and the like] rather than check the store.

moonbeam
                            Participant

So, my personal opinion, is we should follow the standard process on the next grab bag and see what happens. Don’t say it’s being planned, just send out restock notices at the time. 🙂 Maybe it won’t work, but it might be worth trying once to see!

If there would not be any lifestreams, advance pics or anything like that it would put me effectively out of the loop!

Even as it is now it´s always very difficult for me to catch these. Most of the time they appear in the store at about 3pm which is midnight on my side of the planet. If I know at least the day they come in the store I´m ok with staying up and waiting for them but I can´t do this every day, just hoping there might be a new release!
                              Technically I can get the “back in stock” e-mails on my phone but I have next to no reception in my bedroom, so even sleeping with my phone next to me (which I very much don´t like) would not help.
                              Even if they don´t send out any notices I´m pretty sure that GBs would sell out within 2 hours max and by the time I´m up they would also be gone (and I´m checking the store/forum every morning before breakfast!)

For that reason I really hope Windstone will continue to keep us updated about new things with advance pics/lifestreams and maybe even store announcments with at least the date.

I´m very aware that I´m an absolute minority with my timezone-problem, it´s not Windstones problem that I live so far away and they really should do what works best for them. Just wanted to put in my opinion. 🙂

Sikek
                              Participant

I thought the last few grabbags were good (with timezone differences I don’t know if there were problems at the start of the releases) but the poads, wolves and safari unis all were available for hours up-to a day or two. I don’t think anything is wrong with the current system personally. All the livestreams and preview shots are good fun and I really appreciate them! =)

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 180 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.