fbpx

New Batch Grab Bag Baby Unis!

Home Forums Windstone Editions Grab Bags New Batch Grab Bag Baby Unis!

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 180 total)
  • Author
    Sikek
    Participant

O_O I wouldn’t think the one per household rule is fair at all. My sister collects Windstones too, we are not the same person and deserve an equal chance just like anyone else would!

drag0nfeathers
      Participant

Well, like I said, I know full well people are going to not agree if they have two collectors in one house. It’s just my opinion for a batch that can’t even cover half of the restock notices that are being sent out. I know some people aren’t going to always agree and I seriously doubt Windstone would ever implement it anyway. It was just my opinion for an option to help out people who miss out entirely as compared to to people who seems to always get two or three of these guys when they come out. No reason to argue, just an observation. My point was that two people in one home can both enjoy a single Windstone.

Got a busted Windstone?
        drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
        *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
        Arc-en-ciel Emperor
        Siphlophis Male Dragon
        Calypso Hatching Empress
        Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
        Tattoo Mother Kirin
        Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
        Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
        Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
        Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
        Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
        Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Sikek
        Participant

The idea that Windstone would ever implement it doesn’t sound like a concern, but the thought that people are of the opinion that two people in one house are less worthy is a worry.
          One per person seems to be the rule and fair in my opinion. There can be many questionable circumstances that people can think up, how many per household, how many other batches did the person get, how big is their collection already? These questions are only brought up because of the limited supply. Instead of judging every buyer, allowing everyone a chance as an individual person is the only fair thing to do.

Kiya
          Participant

Lots of companies with limited supplies of merchandise make it a one per household limit. Agree or disagree, I don’t think drag0n was saying anyone is unworthy – just that this is a potential way of allowing a broader distribution of product.

Regrettably, perception in some cases trumps reality and it can be hard for some people who don’t get any grab bags when they see a forum member posting multiples for a friend, neighbor, relative, spouse, etc, that got one. Rightly or wrongly, sometimes they DO question the legitimacy of the extra item.

I doubt Windstone would go to a 1/per household model – there are too many cases where several collectors share a home. But I do understand drag0n’s point and don’t see where anyone was commenting on worthiness.

Sikek
            Participant

Suggesting two collectors in one household should (share? take turns purchasing?) seems like a question of worthiness to me.
              Questioning the legitimacy of purchases is a whole different game and isn’t limited to people living under the same roof.

Kiya
              Participant

Suggesting two collectors in one household should (share? take turns purchasing?) seems like a question of worthiness to me.
                Questioning the legitimacy of purchases is a whole different game and isn’t limited to people living under the same roof.

Honestly, I don’t think drag0n or anyone else really has an issue with two collectors under the same roof – but the fact is, whenever there is a grab bag, it seems like there are more collectors per household than under normal circumstances.

I don’t know everyone on the forum so maybe there really ARE that many people who only collect unicorns and thus only go after grab bags. A one per household limit WOULD help spread the unicorns out more. The argument some have made against this is that each collector should be allowed one and I think that is the point drag0n was attempting to address, not worthiness.

But yes, regardless of addresses or limits, the legitimacy of some purchases would be questionable so I don’t know that ultimately it would really help if people want to scam the system badly enough. πŸ™‚

windstonefan
                Participant

I totally agree with you. My son that now lives with me just recently just started collecting about a year ago. So if it was only one allowed per household who gets the Windstone when they leave? Answer me! Because other wise there will be a family arguement! Still might be one.

My other son who is a collector too(wonder where they got this) and lives in another city has never gone after a Grab bag. But if he did/ would having the same last name exclude him from getting his own?

So to me this kind of thinking is a little silly.

I think I am the one that started this whole limit thing in the first place. By conplaining about horders. Reason was because people were going onto the site and buying 10 or 12 of them to hike up the price at resale. I sure never intended it to stop 2 or 3 people from the same household from collecting a single one for themselves.

I collect/ my sons both collect. That does make sense you know they are 30 and 33 yeears old. Yes you got that right–I am old! An yes they saw them growing up and liked them too. Sorry if this is a rant I don’t mean it to be.

windstonefan

Laurie
                  Participant

lol, wow, glad I missed this because I really like them and need to feed critters first, and that’s hard enough. Wonderful work Mel, I love them. πŸ˜‰

Sikek
                    Participant

each collector should be allowed one

Yes πŸ™‚ I think the point raised is just very misplaced and in the end leaves completely legitimate collectors out of the running, and as WindstoneFan said, family disputes! πŸ˜‰ Of course that’s unfair.

I’m not sure what is meant by ‘spread out’ the items more. One per person, I’m not sure how it matters how ‘spread out’ they are.

All in all, it’s a shame so many people missed out. But unless there were truly illegitimate purchases I don’t think it could be helped. My sister missed out on these just the same.

Kiya
                      Participant

each collector should be allowed one

Yes πŸ™‚ I think the point raised is just very misplaced and in the end leaves completely legitimate collectors out of the running, and as WindstoneFan said, family disputes! πŸ˜‰ Of course that’s unfair.

I’m not sure what is meant by ‘spread out’ the items more. One per person, I’m not sure how it matters how ‘spread out’ they are.

All in all, it’s a shame so many people missed out. But unless there were truly illegitimate purchases I don’t think it could be helped. My sister missed out on these just the same.

There’s no way to prove anything one way or the other – but there is fairly strong evidence that yes, there are truly illegitimate orders made. Unfortunately this is a long standing source of irritation on grab bags. πŸ™‚ But short of doing a census visit to each collector, there’s no way for Windstone to tell who really has two collectors versus who has a “friend” ordering for them.

One per person ends up with a situation where you (may) have one person using multiple accounts to order more than one unicorn.

A limit of one per household leaves out the actual legitimate collectors who share a home.

There’s no perfect solution, unfortunately.

Maybe a 2/per household limit. I dunno. πŸ™‚

Or get rid of the limits entirely and let people have at! πŸ™‚

Chloe
                        Participant

Nooooo…… πŸ™

Sirithiliel
                          Participant

Nooooo…… πŸ™

Quite agree…..I’d like a chance haha, and that’d probably remove any chance i had of getting one =P

Sikek
                            Participant

Nooooo…… πŸ™

Quite agree…..I’d like a chance haha, and that’d probably remove any chance i had of getting one =P

It’s waaaaaar! >) Come get your weapon bags!

Haha, that’d be terrible XD

Kiya
                              Participant

Nooooo…… πŸ™

It’s waaaaaar! >) Come get your weapon bags!

Haha, that’d be terrible XD

They wouldn’t do it. πŸ™‚ But really when you think about it, the limits are probably more of a pain for them than otherwise. πŸ™‚ It’s pretty nice of them to go to the hassle of trying to get them to as many of us as possible!

drag0nfeathers
                                Participant

Geeze, I sit on the couch for a few hours and watch Batman Rises (awesome by the way) come back and my query is suggested as suggesting someone as being unworthy? Uh… that’s really not what I said at all, but take it as you like I suppose. I don’t want to argue and I’m not trying to change your opinion, but that’s not at all what I was saying.

Windstone isn’t going to weed out family squabbles, same last names, previous purchases, or the size of someones existing collection (some people have been colleting much longer then others) any more they I am sure they would try to limit their buyers by enforcing more constraining policies to limit their sales. They ARE a business after all, they WANT to sell their product and quite honestly could leave it as a free for all if they wanted to, but they do the best the can to appease us.

Just remember, we were all told that there were roughly 200 people hitting “notify when back in stock” button and only 60 to go around. Obviously there are going to be some disappointed people. Melody paints these all by herself so as soon as there are more castings I’m sure she will paint more. Arguments over them are going to make her experience more of a daunting task then an enjoyable experience like it should be. My point is relax, breathe! It was not my intention to upset anybody, I was just curious to hear opinions about it, not ruffle any feathers.

Anyway, as kiya pointed out, it was not meant to say people with more then 1 in a household were “unworthy”. It also wasn’t meant as a jab at anyone. Relax, they are sculptures. Pretty hunks of gypsum and not worth squabbling over. I just thought one person can enjoy a Windstone in a room just as easily as the same room full of family members. That’s the only point I was trying to make. Then more people would be able to get one for their own family to enjoy as well.

Got a busted Windstone?
                                  drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                                  *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                                  Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                                  Siphlophis Male Dragon
                                  Calypso Hatching Empress
                                  Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                                  Tattoo Mother Kirin
                                  Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                                  Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                                  Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                                  Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                                  Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                                  Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 180 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.