Mika's PYO's

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 397 total)
  • Author
    Angelika_Zen
    Participant

Nice work!

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

Mika
      Participant

In order to earn a bit of money for the holidays I have decided to a one or two-off commission. It will be on a FCFS basis.

Artist Name: Mika
        Artist Contact Info:
        Please contact by PM first – too many spammer accounts for me to freely give out my email

PYO Painting Rates:
        Actual rate will depend on complexity of the paint job. A clear idea of what you want and any reference photos it will help me narrow down the price.
        Due to the Oriental’s time-consuming painting I will charge $9 per hour spent painting it (anticipated 2-3 hours of work per day)

Sculpture___________________Painting
        Griffin____________________$135 – $225
        Kirin______________________$135 – $225
        Dragon (small)_____________$144 – $252
        Wolf_______________________$135 – $225
        Keeper (big dragon)________$198 – $270
        Unicorn____________________$135 – $225
        Phoenix____________________$144 – $252
        Kitty Griffin______________$45 – $98
        Kitsune____________________$45 – $98
        Oriental___________________$9/Work Hour
        Rooster____________________$45 – $98
        Hen________________________$45 – $98
        Sushi Cat__________________$54 – $98
        Foo Puppy__________________$54 – $98
        Hippocampus________________$144 – $252
        Long Haired Flap Cat_______$144 – $252
        Foo Mom/Dad________________$162 – $252

Type(s) of paint/materials used: Acrylic, possible airbrush
        Brand(s) of paint used: Golden, Liquitex, Americana, Craftsmart Premium, Martha Stewart, Folkart, Metallique and Sparks (Prima); Aztek for airbrushing
        Are pet portraits offered: Will be done on a case-by-case basis. Please contact me if you are interested.
        Shipping method: USPS, Fedex, or UPS. Will be shipped double-boxed in the original box they came in.
        Shipping rates/insurance: Depends on location, if adding signature confirmation/insurance, carrier, etc. Shipping to the west coast, Alaska, Hawaii, and internationally will cost the most, with international being very expensive.
        Ships to: US and internationally

Artist location: Michigan

Do you take payment plans or have any “Terms of Service”:
        First payment will be 2x the price of the figure (figure + down deposit) + shipping to me + PP fees if I am going to buy the figure from the store. If I am being sent the figure from the commissioner or from the store the down deposit will only be the price of the figure + PP fees.
        Second payment will be the remainder of the commission cost + shipping to the commissioner + PP fees.

Allow 2 – 6 weeks for the figure to be completed. Larger and more complex figures will take longer to paint.
        A clear idea and/or reference photos is greatly appreciated, but I can work with something like “silhouette/scenery of x” or “space-themed.”
        I have a lot of paint, rhinestones, and glitter, so I can work on anything from simple pieces to bright flashy ones.

I reserve the right to refuse a commission for any reason.

*** Samples of work ***
        Windstones: https://windstoneeditions.com/forums/topic/mikas-pyos/
        Non-Windstones: https://windstoneeditions.com/forums/topic/some-art-pieces/

Other comments:
        While more of a lurker on the forum, I am responsive to PMs and emails, so if you have a question about something those are the best methods of contacting me.

Mika
        Participant

Another dragon is done!

20191209_152254

20191209_152312

20191209_152402

20191209_152651

This curiously-colored dragon is called Hologram. It was used to test out some holographic foil transfer sheets I had bought from ebay. While they didn’t work out as well as I would have liked, the areas with the foil still look pretty cool (lower half of body, wings, horns and spinal plates). The belly is painted with Dragonfly holographic paint and the rest is just Sparks paint over a black base.

Excess foil sheets and paint will be used to make some Christmas ornaments to minimize waste.

I think the foil transfer sheets would work much better on a smooth surface like the sushi cats. Might do that in the future…

Suzanne-Marie
          Participant

Very pretty !!!

Ela_Hara
            Participant

This is kinda Cool! Maybe the PYO Uni would work better with the sheets too.

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
              Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
              Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
              *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Angelika_Zen
              Participant

Oh wow! Nice dragon! I love your work!

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

Mika
                Participant

Thank you everyone!:)

Ela_Hara, that’s another good idea. Might have to try that too now.

Landipan
                  Participant

Oh wow, that’s really cool! I’d never have even thought of using foil sheets, that’s such a neat idea, and it looks really cool too!

*Formerly meowmix101
                    Not currently open for PYO commissions.

Mika
                    Participant

Thankyou.:) The foiled areas look really nice irl, my camera phone just can’t capture it properly. Hopefully whatever comes from round 2 of using transfer foils ends up even better than this one.

Mika
                      Participant

Finally started working on the lava dragon again.

20200102_154958

20200102_155012

I wasn’t sure what to do with some of the body parts so it ended up sitting around in WIP limbo for a bit. Right now I’m not even sure if I’m going to keep the mouth and nose as they are…. but I’m worried if I paint over the mouth with black the nose will stand out like a big red and yellow thumb…

Landipan
                        Participant

Glad to see the lava dragon again, he’s so cool looking. I’m very familiar with WIP limbo, I spend a large amount of time there as well, so I know how that feels! Haha!

*Formerly meowmix101
                          Not currently open for PYO commissions.

Celestial Rainstorm
                          Participant

He looks incredibly cool so far!

Finding happiness again.

Mika
                            Participant

Thanks. He’ll get done slowly but surely.

Also the edit I made to the post didn’t save so i’ll put it here – the camera picked up more red than black on the mouth so the blending isn’t showing up well.

Mika
                              Participant

Well, I finally got around to trying to foil a sushi cat and…..

20200224_173244

Like any cat, this one refused to photograph properly. There’s a lot of holographic spots that the camera just refused to focus on.
                                Looks kind of like shattered glass, though I was really hoping for more of a solid foil, like a decoupage (I think that’s the word I’m looking for…).
                                Since it didn’t come out quite as envisioned I might do a reverse silhouette sort of thing.

Suzanne-Marie
                                Participant

Mika I think it’s really pretty and unique!!

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 397 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.