Mika's PYO's

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 397 total)
  • Author
    sherry10151982
    Participant

Love the eyes and ears of play date! And the bib looks like the carpet I see in some play rooms!

Mika
      Participant

Thank you both! The bib is based off of arcade flooring. Once I have some more time I plan to paint something else based on a similar theme.

Snerl shoved the hipp out of the way and demanded to be painted first so he should be done Saturday or Sunday.

Mika
        Participant

Thank you both! The bib is based off of arcade flooring. Once I have some more time I plan to paint something else based on a similar theme.

Snerl shoved the hipp out of the way and demanded to be painted first so he should be done Saturday or Sunday.

Mika
          Participant

Stone Sentry the Snerl is done!

20221030_112032

20221030_1121261

The front part of his body has both sienna and umber rubbed onto it while the back portion only has umber. The color difference isn’t huge but I think it’s a nice little accent. Both wings also have metallic rose gold paint rubbed onto them that match his metallic tan eyes super well.

Someone has claimed dibs on this piece so he might be on his way to a new home soon. If the person ends up not liking him he will be for sale.

Also if anybody would like me to paint one in a similar color scheme I’d be happy to do a commission!

Mika
            Participant

A second stone-esque Snerl WIP. He’s darker than Stone Sentry.
              I like how his mane looks coppery but has a gold flash.

20221112_155649

Mika
              Participant

And thus the latest Snerl, Gilded Eagle, is done!

20221114_163344

His bottom half looks like darkly stained and polished wood, while his upper half looks like it’s cast from metal.
                Gilded Eagle is a play on golden eagle as I was reminded heavily of that animal while painting him.
                He is a commission piece and will be on his way to his owner in a few short days.

I am also opening up commissions for the holidays! If you’re really interested in having something painted feel free to contact me whenever, otherwise I will have a classified ad up shortly.

dragonmedley
                Participant

They both came out very nice! He rocks both looks ๐Ÿ™‚

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                  http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                  I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                  http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Mika
                  Participant

Thank you! He does wear both styles quite well.
                    The photo for Gilded Eagle doesn’t show off how nice he looks compared to seeing him irl.

Mika
                    Participant

Meet Mood Shifts, the newest dragon to join the hoard!

20221206_173220

20221206_173244

20221206_173311

The body is painted with lots of colorshift paint or flakes. Its design scheme was roughly based off of a previous piece that was never finished because the ink I used on said previous piece stunk.
                      And I FINALLY found mood ring cabochons that could be used for eyes! I warmed the eyes of this one up a bit to show off their color-changing mood ring power.

Ela_Hara
                      Participant

I Love Him! Great Job!

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                        Zeppard Adult Poads
                        Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                        *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Mika
                        Participant

Thank you very much!๐Ÿ˜

sherry10151982
                          Participant

Those eyes are so cool!!!

Mika
                            Participant

Thanks! Mood ring cabs were something I’ve wanted for a long time and could never find, but then one day POOF, multiple listings suddenly popped up out of nowhere!

Mika
                              Participant

Here’s a nice clean desert-themed piece for your perusing pleasure. Meet Desert Gem!๐Ÿ’Ž

20221217_133415

20221217_133542

Most of the body was left with the tea-stained light sandy tan color. However, the wings and tail were painted with gold interference, metallic gold, and metallic turquoise paints and sealed with a satin varnish to give them some shine.

dragonmedley
                                Participant

I like the simple elegance!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                                  http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                                  I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                                  http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 397 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.