fbpx

Mika's PYO's

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 397 total)
  • Author
    Landipan
    Participant

The opal eyes are SO cool, awesome idea, he’s so cool!

*Formerly meowmix101
      Not currently open for PYO commissions.

Mika
      Participant

Thank you! I bought more opal glass cabochons to use as eyes on different pieces. The Rock Dragon here needed its sockets gouged out a bit then backfilled to fit the pointed rhinestones, and I want to avoid that if possible because it wastes a bunch of time.
        At present I should have the proper-sized cabs to use on Keepers and should be getting some for the Rock Dragon shortly. Just gotta wait for the Keeper to be restocked so I can test out the new cabs!

Landipan
        Participant

I appreciate the determination to get those cabs in the eye sockets! But it’s worth the effort imo, opals are just so pretty.

I can’t wait to see the opals on a keeper!

*Formerly meowmix101
          Not currently open for PYO commissions.

Mika
          Participant

In my never-ending quest to try new art supplies and techniques on PYOs I usually end up with winners with the occasional dud. This time around I think it’s a mission failed successfully.

20220911_190333

20220911_190344

I tried some color-changing inks on this fella. It’s interesting but not something worth doing again on other pieces.
            The dragon’ll have to be spray-varnished when the weather’s better (hopefully soon). Hopefully I have some eyes that match one of its colors.

etruscan
            Participant

He is pretty (and stripes are always good 🙂 ).

Charlotte
              Participant

So beautiful! It almost reminds me of a Tigrex from Monster Hunter (though they’re orange with blue stripes)

Seeking broken Windstone critters for restoration practice, any type, any condition!

Mika
                Participant

Thank you both. It gave me some inspiration for a similar scheme using acrylics. I might try it out on a hipp first since I think it’ll look really nice.

Mika
                  Participant

I finally have some time to work on PYOs again! And another one is completed!
                    This is Topsy-Turvy Tiger!

20220921_163903

20220921_163915

20220921_163923

20220921_163939

I tried out some pour paints on a different figure and they came out so well that I decided to use them on this kittygriff too. The gloss varnish really makes the colors pop. There’s also holographic glitter in the varnish as can be seen in the photos.

Ela_Hara
                    Participant

Oh Wow! He’s AMAZING!

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                      Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                      Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                      *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Mika
                      Participant

Thanks!

The kitty griffin’s been for sale via auction both here and on the Official Fanclub’s Facebook page if anybody is interested in buying it.

https://windstoneeditions.com/members/mika/listings/view/1662830/topsy-turvy-tiger-kitty-griffin-up-for-auction/

Mika
                        Participant

I finally had some time to work on my current WIPs and was able to finish another kitty griffin!
                          This one’s name is Leapin’ Leopards!, and he’s one of my favorite works.

20221011_163856

20221011_163909

20221011_163919

20221011_163929

I absolutely love the bold black and rainbow combo, especially with how the rosettes pop against the black.
                          There’s also holographic glitter in the varnish as I really just can’t resist adding extra sparkle to colorful pieces like this one.

This one is for sale too! Here’s the listing is anybody is interested in adding this fella to their collection:
                          https://windstoneeditions.com/members/mika/listings/view/1663470/leapin-leopards-pyo-kitty-griffin-for-sale/

Ela_Hara
                          Participant

AAAAAAAAAA!
                            This one is wonderful too! He would match the Topsy-Turvey Tiger I just got from you. Lovin’ the way you are painting these guys!

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                            Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                            Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                            *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Mika
                            Participant

Thank you! There’s one more paint poured piece currently in WIP Purgatory and hopefully it comes out looking as nice as the kitty griffs. Once my backlog of current WIP pieces is pared down a bit I intend to make a few more using different sculpts.
                              If you feel Topsy-Turvy needs a buddy I won’t stop you from adopting him! lol

Mika
                              Participant

After being sidelined for many months I finally finished another PYO. This is Playdate! My camera wasn’t cooperating that day (not sure if it was the lighting or the colors causing issues) so I only got one photo of the front of the piece.

20221017_171002

It’s themed off of bright colors usually associated with toys as well some very oldschool-style accents like the bib.

I’m also working on a couple more PYOs. Once the upcoming exam I have is over I’ll have more time to complete them.

20221023_124155

The rocks are currently done on the hippocampus but it took a while as they needed multiple coats to hide the pour paint underneath.

Snerl was tea stained and dried darker than the photo. I have made some progress since the photo and should be able to finish him up relatively quickly.

Lastly the cat was another paint pour but with pastels this time. I’m quickly learning which paints work the best for these figures (as in which will stick to the figure after I run some water over it).

etruscan
                                Participant

Playdate is very cute!

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 397 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.