Mika's PYO's

Viewing 10 posts - 346 through 355 (of 355 total)
  • Author
    Landipan
    Participant

The opal eyes are SO cool, awesome idea, he’s so cool!

*Formerly meowmix101
    Not currently open for PYO commissions.

Mika
    Participant

Thank you! I bought more opal glass cabochons to use as eyes on different pieces. The Rock Dragon here needed its sockets gouged out a bit then backfilled to fit the pointed rhinestones, and I want to avoid that if possible because it wastes a bunch of time.
    At present I should have the proper-sized cabs to use on Keepers and should be getting some for the Rock Dragon shortly. Just gotta wait for the Keeper to be restocked so I can test out the new cabs!

Landipan
    Participant

I appreciate the determination to get those cabs in the eye sockets! But it’s worth the effort imo, opals are just so pretty.

I can’t wait to see the opals on a keeper!

*Formerly meowmix101
    Not currently open for PYO commissions.

Mika
    Participant

In my never-ending quest to try new art supplies and techniques on PYOs I usually end up with winners with the occasional dud. This time around I think it’s a mission failed successfully.

20220911_190333

20220911_190344

I tried some color-changing inks on this fella. It’s interesting but not something worth doing again on other pieces.
    The dragon’ll have to be spray-varnished when the weather’s better (hopefully soon). Hopefully I have some eyes that match one of its colors.

etruscan
    Participant

He is pretty (and stripes are always good 🙂 ).

Charlotte
    Participant

So beautiful! It almost reminds me of a Tigrex from Monster Hunter (though they’re orange with blue stripes)

Seeking broken Windstone critters for restoration practice, any type, any condition!

Mika
    Participant

Thank you both. It gave me some inspiration for a similar scheme using acrylics. I might try it out on a hipp first since I think it’ll look really nice.

Mika
    Participant

I finally have some time to work on PYOs again! And another one is completed!
    This is Topsy-Turvy Tiger!

20220921_163903

20220921_163915

20220921_163923

20220921_163939

I tried out some pour paints on a different figure and they came out so well that I decided to use them on this kittygriff too. The gloss varnish really makes the colors pop. There’s also holographic glitter in the varnish as can be seen in the photos.

Ela_Hara
    Participant

Oh Wow! He’s AMAZING!

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
    Hippogriff Candle Holder
    Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
    *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Mika
    Participant

Thanks!

The kitty griffin’s been for sale via auction both here and on the Official Fanclub’s Facebook page if anybody is interested in buying it.

https://windstoneeditions.com/members/mika/listings/view/1662830/topsy-turvy-tiger-kitty-griffin-up-for-auction/

Viewing 10 posts - 346 through 355 (of 355 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.