Mika's PYO's

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 397 total)
  • Author
    Mika
    Participant

Thank you! And I’m the same about adding extra stuff to PYOs. It really needs to perfectly match or it just looks weird to me.

Mika
      Participant

Here’s a photo of my current trio of WIPs!

20220728_101524

A mint chocolate chip kitsune that decided she wanted every kind of color on her, a taped-up kitty cat (the body’s been painted white), and a kitsune with marbled sky blue and white paint on its body.

And a poor neglected little kitty griffin sulking in the background.:'( He’ll get his turn soon enough!

sherry10151982
        Participant

LOL!! Poor kitty griffin!

Mika
          Participant

Another ice cream piece has been completed! When I asked what toppings she’d like, this kitsune said she wanted ALL of them, AND a cherry on top! Hopefully she doesn’t get a stomach ache from all that sugar!

Her name is, very appropriately, Sugar Rush Mint Choco-sune.

20220806_130850

20220806_130923

20220806_131000

20220806_131205

Painted with acrylics + a sprinkling of fake candy crumbles + a polymer clay cherry to complete the look, and coated with a satin varnish to protect everything.

As with all the ice cream-themed pieces I paint, I’m putting this up for auction both here in the classifieds and in the Official Fan Club on Facebook.

The classifieds version of the auction can be reached here:
            https://windstoneeditions.com/members/mika/listings/view/1661361/sugar-rush-mint-choco-sune-auction/

Nightcrow
            Participant

Awww, I love the “rainbow sherbet” tail on this one! So cute. 🙂

Looking forward to seeing the others get their coats!

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

Mika
              Participant

Thank you! Some of the tail tips were a bit difficult to get a good fade with so the sprinkles were added to help hide the less smooth areas.

Prezaurian
                Participant

The new kitsune looks scrumptious!

Mika
                  Participant

Thanks! I really enjoy making these pieces and hopefully i can find new painting tricks or add-ons to make them look even better.

Mika
                    Participant

I recently found some colorshift paints that I haven’t seen other people try on PYOs and bought a handful of them. The original plan was to make a sunset-y fade on the rock, but some of the colors came out much greener than expected. It seems like most of the colors could be used to make a really nice flourite-looking rock if I ever decided to paint something of the sort.

20220821_142433

sherry10151982
                      Participant

Oh wow!! Those are beautiful colors!! I LOVE color shift paints; they’re so pretty!

Ela_Hara
                        Participant

Very Nice! That would also look Great on a Galaxy or Cosmos theme!

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                          Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                          Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                          *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Mika
                          Participant

Thanks. The original plan was to make the dragon space-y with the rock being the sunset, plans are gonna be changing a little bit. Now I just need the time to finish it! So many long shifts at work!

Mika
                            Participant

Another PYO has been completed! Whooooo! This fella’s so shiny he made getting some decent photos super difficult! Yippee!

20220901_163858

20220901_164152

Meet Opulent Opal! He was used to test out some new colorshift paints I bought. You can see some of their colorshifty magic on the wings. The rock on the other hand is wildly off from its irl colors.:/
                              I originally planned to also use some colorshift flakes on the body, but the black looked so good I just couldn’t do it in the end.
                              Both sets of eyes I had for him were damaged so I used a pair of very pretty opal-like glass rhinestones instead. I’m absolutely going to use these for eyes on future pieces.

He’s for sale and I’ll have an ad up in the classifieds soon if anyone’s interested in adding him to their collection.

sherry10151982
                              Participant

He is absolutely STUNNING! You did an amazing job and I love the eyes!

Mika
                                Participant

Thank you! I’ve got a couple ideas for more pieces that use the opal-y glass eyes. Hopefully I can get to them sometime in the near future.

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 397 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.