fbpx

Mika's PYO's

Viewing 9 posts - 391 through 399 (of 399 total)
  • Author
    Mika
    Participant

(Let’s hear it for 3 week belated responses whoo!) Thanks!

And since my swapee got this piece I can now post Jumbled Jester here!

20230504_113700

20230504_113222

20230504_113642

When I got the prompts for this piece (medieval, renascence, ancient Japan) I saw some jester and royal court-themed costumes and thought they looked really neat, so I painted Jester with those in mind. The fur was done using a pour paint method which resulted in a one-of-a-kind marbling, and the side scales were painted to represent banners of flags. There’s color shift paint on the belly scales to give a nice colorful pop to the piece, and now that I look at them they kind of seem like coins laid out in a row.

etruscan
      Participant

He came out great! I’m sure your swap recipient is very happy.

Mika
        Participant

Forgot to post photos here whoops! This is Summertime Strawberries!

20230613_141215

20230613_141230

20230613_141243

20230613_141256

The base coat on the body and tails was done using a modified paint pouring technique. Her tails were kept fairly simple in exchange for more detail on the body.
          At some point I plan to make a base for the figure. The tricky part is getting the time to work on it.

Ela_Hara
          Participant

Looks Great! Love how you did the paint pour.

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
            Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
            Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
            *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Mika
            Participant

Thank you! It’s nice to be able to get a unique marbling pattern on these pieces quickly and without any special equipment.

Mika
              Participant

It’s been quite some time, but now that I’ve moved and settled in a bit (and have been massively itching to paint something), I was wondering if anyone would like to do a Foo Pup swap? I have one that’s been waiting quite some time for his turn to be painted. He’ll have red eyes (not sure if I have any other colors of 5mm eyes on-hand but I can double-check).

I know that the Foo Pup is currently out of stock, but maybe somebody hoarded one.

If you’re an established member and would like to do the swap send me a pm and we can iron out the details.
                (I may cross-post this to the FB official fan group, but I wanted to post this here first where there’s a smaller audience)

Bodine
                Participant

They are all very nice.I really like Antique.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                  (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                  Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Mika
                  Participant

Here’s the piece I painted for the swap, Gilded Gemstones!

1120240503_110526

1120240503_110355

Two of the requests were metallic accents and jewel tones, and the theme was green and black butterfly. I used colorshift flakes on the wings, along with lots of metallic green and gold/silver accents to tie things together. The feathered part of the body was painted with a metallic black paint, then antiqued to give it a dark bronze look.
                    In the end the combination of darker colors and fine gold outlining reminded me a lot of the art deco style.

Mika
                    Participant

Finished a new piece! This one’s name is Dramatic Deco. A lot of it is inspired by the art deco style, with some peacock feather-colored accents to add a bit of color. He’s coated with a glossy varnish to show off all the metallic gold and bronze.

If somebody is completely smitten with this piece I’d be willing to sell it, or if someone wants something similar on a different sculpt (or even on another Snerl) I can paint it on commission.

20240516_105515

20240516_105550

Viewing 9 posts - 391 through 399 (of 399 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.