Mika's PYO's

Viewing 7 posts - 391 through 397 (of 397 total)
  • Author
    Mika
    Participant

(Let’s hear it for 3 week belated responses whoo!) Thanks!

And since my swapee got this piece I can now post Jumbled Jester here!

20230504_113700

20230504_113222

20230504_113642

When I got the prompts for this piece (medieval, renascence, ancient Japan) I saw some jester and royal court-themed costumes and thought they looked really neat, so I painted Jester with those in mind. The fur was done using a pour paint method which resulted in a one-of-a-kind marbling, and the side scales were painted to represent banners of flags. There’s color shift paint on the belly scales to give a nice colorful pop to the piece, and now that I look at them they kind of seem like coins laid out in a row.

etruscan
      Participant

He came out great! I’m sure your swap recipient is very happy.

Mika
        Participant

Forgot to post photos here whoops! This is Summertime Strawberries!

20230613_141215

20230613_141230

20230613_141243

20230613_141256

The base coat on the body and tails was done using a modified paint pouring technique. Her tails were kept fairly simple in exchange for more detail on the body.
          At some point I plan to make a base for the figure. The tricky part is getting the time to work on it.

Ela_Hara
          Participant

Looks Great! Love how you did the paint pour.

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
            Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
            Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
            *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Mika
            Participant

Thank you! It’s nice to be able to get a unique marbling pattern on these pieces quickly and without any special equipment.

Mika
              Participant

It’s been quite some time, but now that I’ve moved and settled in a bit (and have been massively itching to paint something), I was wondering if anyone would like to do a Foo Pup swap? I have one that’s been waiting quite some time for his turn to be painted. He’ll have red eyes (not sure if I have any other colors of 5mm eyes on-hand but I can double-check).

I know that the Foo Pup is currently out of stock, but maybe somebody hoarded one.

If you’re an established member and would like to do the swap send me a pm and we can iron out the details.
                (I may cross-post this to the FB official fan group, but I wanted to post this here first where there’s a smaller audience)

Bodine
                Participant

They are all very nice.I really like Antique.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                  (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                  Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Viewing 7 posts - 391 through 397 (of 397 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.