fbpx

Mika's PYO's

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 397 total)
  • Author
    Mika
    Participant

Thank you very much!^^

I’ve also completed another PYO! Since I had also started a new DIY room kit I had a somewhat decent backdrop for the PYO this time instead of my messy work area.

20221223_154730

20221223_150742

20221223_150726

This is Super Deluxe Mint Choco-Swirl! He’s a bit of a straggler but I think he makes up for it by being overloaded with sweet little details. This is the last of the Mint Chocolate Chip pieces I’m painting for my ice cream series. I’m not stopping the series, but I am going to move on to different flavors.

This piece is being auctioned off here and on the Windstone Editions fan club over on Facebook. Here’s the classified ad for the auction, through you can also use facebook if you prefer

https://windstoneeditions.com/members/mika/listings/view/1666615/super-deluxe-mint-choco-swirl-pyo-kitty-griffin-for-auction/

Mika
      Participant

A new WIP enters the fray! This will be another colorshift piece. The blue-purple paint comes out really well.

20221227_124254

Mika
        Participant

I’m churning them out! This one’s called Star Shifter!💫

20221231_122851

20221231_122837

20221231_122825

20221231_122903

Most of it is painted either with colorshift or color-changing paint. I couldn’t get a good example of the color-changing paint on the side scales as it’s kinda cold here.
          Originally I was going to paint small stars on the fur, but I thought it was too pretty so the stars are only on the scales.
          I was planning to sell this one but I’m going to wait a week or two and see how the color-changing paint reacts with the varnish. It doesn’t like getting varnished for some reason so I want to make sure everything’s ok before putting it up for sale (but I’m not against keeping it either because it’s still super pretty).

Mika
          Participant

I managed to get one last piece done before the end of 2022. This is Scales and Turquoise Sails.

20230101_143247

20230101_143301

He was originally going to be a remake of a beach-themed dragon that got damaged, but I wasn’t sure what exactly I wanted to do so he sat around for a few months. Ultimately, I opted to just paint the inner wings and some small accents. It’s a very basic look but I really like it.

Mika
            Participant

Had a bit of inspiration for a rock dragon piece so this one was finally able to leave WIP Purgatory.

20230126_115207

The rock has mica and gold interference paint on it to give it a nice shimmery effect like when sunlight hits snow at just the right angle.

Landipan
              Participant

Ooh, I definitely see the inspo for the sparkling snow, I love that!

*Formerly meowmix101
                Not currently open for PYO commissions.

Mika
                Participant

Thanks.:) Once it’s finished I think the dragon will look really nice against the rock.

This one will also be staying with me because the cabochons I was test-fitting got stuck in the sockets (they were 7mm but that doesn’t seem to mean anything to this derg). One cab is perma-stuck and the other I was able to remove but it took a bit of the eyebrow as revenge. Once the apoxie sculpt dries and I sand it down a bit I’ll get around to finishing the piece.

Mika
                  Participant

My first completed PYO of the year, Arctic Opal 1!

20230202_093628

20230202_093609

20230202_093644

I think the colorshift on it is a bit too dark, so I plan to make a second version soon. But before that I plan to paint a different PYO that I got inspiration for while painting this one.

etruscan
                    Participant

Very pretty! I know she isn’t one of your “Sweet Shop” PYOS but she still reminds me of Neapolitan ice cream. 🙂

Ice-cream_Neapolitan

Mika
                      Participant

Thank you!

Ice cream sounds really good right now (alas there is none in the house).

Mika
                        Participant

My current WIP. I’m varnishing as I go because I really don’t want to have to repaint any area with a color fade.

20230205_110456

20230205_110419

20230205_110436

Mika
                          Participant

Finished one! This was in WIP Purgatory for a while and it’s nice to see it done.

20230318_104823

20230318_104848

20230318_104902

Presenting Striped Seabeauty! The hipp’s body was “painted” with modified color pouring to get a unique one-of-a-kind marbling and coated with gloss varnish to really bring out the colors. Ultra matte varnish was used on the rocks and all the other decorations got a satin coating.

I plan to list it for sale a little later.

Ela_Hara
                            Participant

Beautiful and very eye-popping! Nice Job!

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                              Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                              Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                              *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Mika
                              Participant

Thanks! The dark stripes against the extremely bright yellow is one of my favorite things about this piece.

Prezaurian
                                Participant

Really nice job with the zebra striping!

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 397 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.