fbpx

Male 'Sun Griffin'

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Male 'Sun Griffin'

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 146 total)
  • Author
    Jodi
    Participant

I hope this doesn’t come out wrong either, but I feel like I need to comment too.

I’ve bid on items that I wasn’t dead serious about getting, but in the hopes that I would get it for the cheaper price. If that drove the price up, then so be it. I’ve never bid on anything that I didn’t want. I just have a limit on what I will pay for certain things. If it goes past what I bid, I have to consider if I want it that bad or not. If I don’t, I stop bidding. Simple as that. I’m sure lots of people do that. Being called a vulture for that is unfair and unkind. We all have our financial limits; some people’s are just higher than others. That’s life too.

And when someone gets something rare and unique, or something they’ve wanted for a while that finally came to them within their financial limits, they get excited and want to share. That’s what we’re here for. We are the ones who can understand the thrill and excitement. Family and friends may not get it. To say we shouldn’t celebrate is just wrong.

Personally, I’ve been extending my finanacial limits too far as it is. I have gotten caught up in the excitement myself, and have been spending too much. I’m not sure what I’m going to do when my student loans come due in November. I’ll probably have to stop buying for myself too. Hopefully I’ll have a job by then. Or I’ll have to start selling my collection to pay for things. I hope it doesn’t come to that, but if it does, oh well. You deal with what life gives you.

Starbreeze
      Participant

Nirvanacat13 wrote:

(Lord I hope this doesn’t come out wrong….)

This is one of the most supportive, loving, caring groups that I’ve known. Yes, I’ve been hurt on losing some auctions…..*dragoness….LoL* And I’ve hurt others when I’ve won….*Drag0n…LoL*. However, Windstones are just objects, as much as we joke about living and breating Windstone, you can’t let it control your life or emotional state for longer than a few minutes… We’ve all been hurt or dissapointed, tease eachother about it, but in the end we get over it and we are still friends. Really good friends at that. Just keep that in mind.

I think you’ve summed it up perfectly.

ladybrooklyn
        Participant

Greater Basilisk wrote:

I actually think Pegasi’s comment about vultures can be accurate – in the funny way. How many people noticed the mint Male Kirin for $65 this morning (my time)? The female for $50? The baby for $20? Not too many, I think – they were snatched up too fast. We are vultures – and always proud of a good grab! 😀

Are you serious!? That’s not fair!!! Where they Buy it Nows? ::cries::

::goes off to pout some more::

EDIT: just finished the thread…

AWWW MAN! and the seller is in Arizona too!!! Not cool! I should Email them and ask if they have any more! GAH!!!! Finally a good deal on one I want… and I miss it. ::sighs::

Arlla
          Participant

Havn’t read this thread, but just want to say, I’m saving up SO HARD for this griffin…I was going to get a BEP OW, but not anymore…wow…so beautiful….

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."
            -J R R Tolkien

frozendragon
            Participant

I haven’t commented until now on this thread but certain people have gotten way out of hand….

and honestly gloating is never nice….and I can totally agree with people being fed up…

the definition of gloating is: to observe or think about something with triumphant and often malicious satisfaction, gratification, or delight

seriously…to be happy about winning something is enough…and to be proud is fine…but gloating is just rude and obnoxious and I for one am tired of hearing about it…

there are several people here that are rude…and obnoxious and think they are funny…
              I try to ignore them…and if there was a way to block seeing comments from certain members I would be the first to use it…

and to whine and complain about being treated poorly because you have too much of an ego is just plain baby stuff…

I’m sure this comment will be edited…but I really did want to put my 2 cents in…

Arlla
              Participant

0_o Wow, sounds like I had better read this thread from the begining!

-J R R Tolkien

frozendragon
                Participant

yeah page 6 kind of gets ugly….and uncalled for…

frozendragon wrote:

oh dear…hope it wasn’t me?

frozendragon
                  Participant

whippetluv wrote:

frozendragon wrote:

oh dear…hope it wasn’t me?

no one specific…just someone expressing an opinion..and then being torn apart…

also someone implying that gloating is ok…and I don’t think at any time gloating is ok..

my opinion…

Arlla
                    Participant

*just finished* Yikes! huh…do I gloat?? I hope not… I’m not sure, because I can’t really think of other people “gloating” so much as being excited and wanting to share…CAN you really share your triumph over your competition for something without gloating at least a little? I mean, we’re all after the same Windstone’s, and while we support each other, we’re also going to be bitter about losing…hearing someone celebrate over getting something you wanted is never going to be fun…but…that’s part of what this place is for, right? Sharing our joy for the Windstone’s we’ve collected. Hmmm. Frozen, have I gloated?? I really want to know, because I do still want to share wins but I’d like to do it in as painless a way as possible… Honestly, like I said, I’ve never heard anyone here come on and say something like “Neener Neener, I got it and you DIDN’T!! Ha Ha!”

And just to add to something that’s already been said, Melody does encourage people to gloat – I think she’s encouraged everyone who’s gone to the factory and gotten something special to gloat, and that is the word she used, all over the forum. And we all know that Melody is pretty much the least malicious person imaginable. She just wants us to share our excitment for one another…

I’m sorry you’ve been left with such a bitter taste, Peg…It is really really tough to love Windstones and not be able to get them…I’m lucky and blessed enough now in my life to be able to really get some good pieces, but I went for 18 years without being able to get ANY, and that was painful, so I know where you’re coming from. That doesn’t do much to help, I know…but I hope you can find a better emotional place for Windstones and for the forum.

….and finally, back on the OT….Nam, I can’t even TELL you how amazing you are….I aspire to be like you!!!!

-J R R Tolkien

Am I the only one who hasn’t seen any posts that I could honestly call gloating? Maybe I don’t read every single thread through all the pages but I feel like maybe I’m reading a different board from everyone else @_@

I’m not trying to say that it doesn’t happen or hasn’t happened, I just honestly have not witnessed it myself personally. And if it does happen, have people tried to contact the person privately about their posts? I *do* recall one incident where people saw someone’s posts as gloating and the person themself was just excited about their most recent buy… I mean, a little good faith about each other goes a long way and even suggesting that someone has been gloating without naming names sows seeds of self-paranoia I’m sure, we already had one person ask if it was them and for every person who actually says something, usually a handful more are quietly thinking it without posting. Which is why I think it’s better to actually speak to the person, privately so as to not air dirty laundry anymore than we need to, then to let it fester in your mind.

Sometimes people just don’t know how their words are coming across.

frozendragon
                      Participant

gloating in itself is not a good term to use…

and I have gotten to where I read less and less of this forum…

especially when certain people post…

I’m not trying to make anyone paranoid, and being excited about getting something whether personally from Melody…or from an auction is great….and I would not mind hearing about it…but mentioning it in post after post after post in topics all throughout the forum is entirely too much and childish…

be excited…but don’t be petulant…

Participant

frozendragon wrote:

I’m not trying to make anyone paranoid, and being excited about getting something whether personally from Melody…or from an auction is great….and I would not mind hearing about it…but mentioning it in post after post after post in topics all throughout the forum is entirely too much and childish…

I would have to agree with Frozen on this one. I love it when people share, but when it brought up time and time again (in additional threads) it sometimes feels like it’s being rubbed in your face. Just a little courtesy goes a long way. 😉

Maria
                          Participant

ladybrooklyn wrote:

Greater Basilisk wrote:

I actually think Pegasi’s comment about vultures can be accurate – in the funny way. How many people noticed the mint Male Kirin for $65 this morning (my time)? The female for $50? The baby for $20? Not too many, I think – they were snatched up too fast. We are vultures – and always proud of a good grab! 😀

Are you serious!? That’s not fair!!! Where they Buy it Nows? ::cries::

::goes off to pout some more::

EDIT: just finished the thread…

AWWW MAN! and the seller is in Arizona too!!! Not cool! I should Email them and ask if they have any more! GAH!!!! Finally a good deal on one I want… and I miss it. ::sighs::

Yep, they were BIN. Poor Lady! You probably need to be on E-Bay 24/7 to snag something like that.

Arlla
                            Participant

Do I do that??? Honestly just asking because I want to know, and people seem reluctant to name names…If I do or have I certainly didn’t mean it to be obnoxious…I think the only reason I would do that is if it were pertinent to that particular converstaion, and/or under the assumption that not everyone on the forum reads every thread and that it might not be old news to some people…

I know that I’m no way the biggest Windstone buyer on the forum, but I get a pretty good haul of them every month, and I have my fair share of rare pieces, so I’m pretty sure I must not be innocent of what’s offending people here….Just want to learn to be less offensive…

-J R R Tolkien

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 146 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.