fbpx

Male 'Sun Griffin'

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Male 'Sun Griffin'

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 146 total)
  • Author
    Skigod377
    Participant

drag0nfeathers wrote:

LOL! I just posted a topic on this cause I didn’t see one! LOL! My bad!

Haha! I was just wondering why there was another topic posted the same as this one! ๐Ÿ˜†

drag0nfeathers
      Participant

Yea, I think the excitement just impulsed me so badly I must have completely overlooked it!

So Nirvancat’s ALL OVER THIS I bet =)

Got a busted Windstone?
        drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
        *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
        Arc-en-ciel Emperor
        Siphlophis Male Dragon
        Calypso Hatching Empress
        Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
        Tattoo Mother Kirin
        Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
        Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
        Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
        Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
        Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
        Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Maria
        Participant

Oh yeah! Nirvana. Yep, she’ll probably try for it. ๐Ÿ˜€

wow. i am in complete awe of his beauty.
          you are a remarkable artist.

how long did it take you to paint each of those feathers?

Jennifer
          Keymaster

It took a long time! Gosh, another thread, wow, thanks guys! I’m so floored everyone loves him so much.

I made a video of me working on him, it’s super dumb!! I feel like a huge idiot. We were going to save it and put it and put it on the auction to give bidders a bit of insight into what I do, but I guess it wouldn’t hurt anything to post it now right?
            I get really nervous when ‘public’ speaking so forgive how dumb I sound.

So, it’s basically that, on each feather, maybe… 10 times? Takes forever. There are about 8-12 thin thin layers of paint on each feather, and the wing feathers took longer because of the banding.

I have him on a lazy susan, that’s how I can spin him. I put some mat board behind him to block out the glare from my windows.

I’m working on his woman right now!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
            My art: featherdust.com

Wow, he’s beautiful!

Thanks for sharing the video with us — its really neat to see you painting. And it gives me a much better appreciation of how much work goes into these guys! I didn’t know the brushes involved were so small. ๐Ÿ˜ฏ

mimitrek wrote:

Wow, he’s beautiful!

Thanks for sharing the video with us — its really neat to see you painting. And it gives me a much better appreciation of how much work goes into these guys! I didn’t know the brushes involved were so small. ๐Ÿ˜ฏ
            I agree. I was like, oh my…she uses small brushes.

Droooooooooooooooooooool!!!!

Bob

dragonessjade wrote:

That is beautiful. Is this DM’s secret? Are they going to be production peices?

NOPE!! Again I did not know about this either.
              I will say he looks beautiful though

Bob

Nambroth wrote:

dragonessjade wrote:

That is beautiful. Is this DM’s secret? Are they going to be production peices?

No, I have no idea what DM’s secret is! ๐Ÿ˜ฏ I can’t paint them fast enough to be production pieces, these are hand painted and take about a million years to do. They will be individually listed on eBay, like the Prototype Old Warriors and the Secret Keepers. ๐Ÿ™‚
                I hope for you he does go for as much as a SK

what size brush is that Nam? It looks tinier than my 0 , is it a 00?

Bob

Nambroth wrote:

Greater Basilisk wrote:

There’s only one sun griffin and one moon griffin, right? Or will you be making multiples?

We have to choose our wording carefully. The way I work, there is no way I could paint another griffin just like this- so in a sense he is hand painted and ‘one of a kind’. However we don’t want to box ourselves in and have a problem should I ever do one that is similar to this one (or if ‘da boss asks me to) so I want to be real clear that there could be one similar to this in the future, however I don’t have intentions of doing so now. I hope that makes sense?? We don’t want anyone to have bad feelings about getting a OOAK piece if I ever do something similar in the future, so we don’t use that specific term.
                  I understand perfectly

drag0nfeathers
                  Participant

That video was great! My boyfriend and I just watched it and right after I said “This is so much better then watching Bob Ross” you said you weren’t as exciting and we both had a laugh. Really beautiful Nam, you AMAZE me!!!

Got a busted Windstone?
                    drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                    *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                    Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                    Siphlophis Male Dragon
                    Calypso Hatching Empress
                    Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                    Tattoo Mother Kirin
                    Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                    Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                    Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                    Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                    Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                    Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Nam — I really love this color scheme! Is the female moon griffin also going to have this same color scheme? Are you planning to paint griffin chicks with this color scheme also?

Wow! He is really magnificent! I can’t wait to see the female.
                    ๐Ÿ˜€

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 146 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.