fbpx

Male 'Sun Griffin'

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Male 'Sun Griffin'

Viewing 11 posts - 136 through 146 (of 146 total)
  • Author

frozendragon wrote:

be excited…but don’t be petulant…

I don’t believe those two emotions go in the same vein… do you mean something like “be excited but don’t get too carried away”?

SilverArrow wrote:

frozendragon wrote:

I’m not trying to make anyone paranoid, and being excited about getting something whether personally from Melody…or from an auction is great….and I would not mind hearing about it…but mentioning it in post after post after post in topics all throughout the forum is entirely too much and childish…

I would have to agree with Frozen on this one. I love it when people share, but when it brought up time and time again (in additional threads) it sometimes feels like it’s being rubbed in your face. Just a little courtesy goes a long way. πŸ˜‰

I agree that a little courtesy goes a long way and thus it would be good to send the person bothering you a polite PM to remind them not to get too carried away ^_^

drag0nfeathers
    Participant

Greater Basilisk wrote:

drag0nfeathers wrote:

littleironhorse wrote:

Greater Basilisk wrote:

Star – I’m glad I got the emerald Spectral too! As soon as I pay for him I’ll have both Sitting Spectrals and two Risers – four of seven. One day I’ll have one of each…

A kindred spirit!!! I WANT ALL THE SPECTRALS TOO!!! Now if we can only get more colors on the sitting spectral, I’ll be poor and happy πŸ˜€

Nooooooooooooo! I missed the Spectral conversation! I just need the sitting emerald and the Brown Riser and I will have them ALL! *laughs meniacally* Am I still alone in begging Melody for Black and Gold and Rainbow Specs?

Still alone? How dare you! πŸ˜† I’ve dittoed every beg you’ve sent Melody’s way!

LOL! Wow, this thread blew up didn’t it? I’m so many pages behind! I’m sorry GB, I know you have totally been behind me with the Spectrals =)
      We need to stick together =D
      On another note…
      Everyone needs to calm down here. Not that I have any room to talk about being POed about not being able to afford certain Windstones, but I’m certainly far from a vulture. I’d LOVE to get this griffin as much as everyone else here, but I know I can’t afford it any more then I can afford a Secret Keeper. (doesn’t mean I won’t bid in good sport) I’m scraping all my money together to the hopes of getting a Calico Flap cat, but I’ve had my share of let downs as I’m sure we all have. I agree with Skigod & Whippet that this is a forum for collectors and we shouldn’t be angry one person gets something over another. That’s just how it works, either you have the moeny or you don’t and if you want something bad enough you will find a way to get it if you REALLY want to.
      I don’t even HAVE a job right now and I’m buying Windstones like I’m addicted to crack! Though I know in a few months when I own a house and I have thousands of dollars in credit card debt I’m going to screw myself with… it’s just an obsession we all have in common.
      Ever since the whole Nirvanacat thing I have just been thinking of things a little differently, and we’re all collectors here. Gloating and sharing are happiness isn’t meant to be mean, but just sharing our joy together with others who understand out obsession with these “dust collectors” that others in our everyday lives just don’t get. That’s how I see it anyway.

Got a busted Windstone?
      drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
      *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
      Arc-en-ciel Emperor
      Siphlophis Male Dragon
      Calypso Hatching Empress
      Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
      Tattoo Mother Kirin
      Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
      Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
      Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
      Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
      Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
      Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

lamortefille
      Participant

frozendragon wrote:

gloating in itself is not a good term to use…

Not to ignore the rest of your post, but I agree with this statement in particular. Since the first time I read that Melody wanted people to “gloat”, I wondered if that was a direct quote or what?

If one thinks about it, it’s really special that Melody takes time to read posts, answer questions, send paint, let people visit the factory, etc. We support Windstone, but Windstone babies us in return. That said, it’s still hard at times to not be the one picking up goodies at the factory, sharing secrets, having dinner with, etc. I think what is trying to be conveyed is maybe people could keep in mind how they would feel if they weren’t one of the lucky ones before they post. A little courtesy and empathy do go a long way.

In closing (lol), I’m excited for the lucky ones and depressed for the less fortunate (empathy works both ways). Everybody gets lucky sometimes, though. πŸ˜‰

Skigod377
        Participant

sunhawk wrote:

Am I the only one who hasn’t seen any posts that I could honestly call gloating? Maybe I don’t read every single thread through all the pages but I feel like maybe I’m reading a different board from everyone else @_@

Im pretty sure I have read every thread and I can say that NO ONE on here has used malicious intent when posting about a win. That is ludicris. And if you dont like a particular person, then dont talk to them, and leave it at that. Geez… the dislike in here is getting palpable.

P.S. I think it got nasty on page 5.

Wow. That took me a while to weed through. πŸ™

pegasil, just do what I do.

I only go after the production pieces. They are beautiful and somewhat affordable. Be happy and satisfied with just those. I’m one person who could go after the limited ones and give some people a real run for their money πŸ˜‰ but I choose not to. I don’t mean to gloat, it’s just a fact. I don’t even consider it when a new one is listed so there is no room for disappointment.

I am very happy with just the production pieces. I sometimes watch the specially painted pieces go but with more amazement/amusement then anything else at how much they go for. πŸ˜‰
          I’m also very happy for the person that won them because I can imagine their excitement.

My only problem with going after the production pieces is it seems that there haven’t been very many new ‘affordable’ sculpts in quite a while, with the exception to the PYO’s which are nice and very affordable. I remember many years ago when they were coming out with several new sculpts a year. Now those were the good windstone days for me.

So, windstone, which was once my main collection, has totally fallen to the back burner to other collections that come out with new sculpts on a regular basis.

I am very happy to see that windstone seems to be getting some momentum again. This is great! The start up of this forum and this web page ‘finally’ coming to life after many years of it being just a dead page is good news.
          All I have to say is, bring on the new affordable production sculpts!

Also, I made a rule for myself many years ago that I’ve lived by and have been happy with. Never, ever, get mad over an eBay auction! At the end of the day, it’s just a thing.

Oh ya. The griffin is fantastic! πŸ˜€

Starbreeze
          Participant

lamortefille wrote:

frozendragon wrote:

gloating in itself is not a good term to use…

Not to ignore the rest of your post, but I agree with this statement in particular. Since the first time I read that Melody wanted people to “gloat”, I wondered if that was a direct quote or what?

If one thinks about it, it’s really special that Melody takes time to read posts, answer questions, send paint, let people visit the factory, etc. We support Windstone, but Windstone babies us in return. That said, it’s still hard at times to not be the one picking up goodies at the factory, sharing secrets, having dinner with, etc. I think what is trying to be conveyed is maybe people could keep in mind how they would feel if they weren’t one of the lucky ones before they post. A little courtesy and empathy do go a long way.

In closing (lol), I’m excited for the lucky ones and depressed for the less fortunate (empathy works both ways). Everybody gets lucky sometimes, though. πŸ˜‰

Geez, leave the forum for a few hours….and lamorte, you’ve expressed my feelings perfectly. Thanks.

Starbreeze
            Participant

I think we would all do well to remember that either everyone has a right to express their opinion without getting torn to shreds over it, or no one does. The forum belongs to eveyone and as we read comments, we have to learn not to take them personally or assume that we know who they are intended for. If no names are named, then it’s only conjecture.

Isn’t it a shame that the very thing that has brought us all together, could well be the thing that tears us all apart….sad isn’t it

Skigod377
              Participant

starbreeze wrote:

I think we would all do well to remember that either everyone has a right to express their opinion without getting torn to shreds over it, or no one does. The forum belongs to eveyone and as we read comments, we have to learn not to take them personally or assume that we know who they are intended for. If no names are named, then it’s only conjecture.

You are very right. Everyone has a right to express their opinion. I dont think that extends to name calling, though. πŸ™‚

Jennifer
                Keymaster

Wow guys… just got back from putting a base coat on something and read this thread!
                  Things did get heated and went downhill pretty quick, and I think a few folks had some comments that were a little harsh. I’m not going to censor, edit, or repress anyone’s existing posts, because everyone is entitled to an opinion, but I am going to respectfully lock this thread. If you have further things of this nature to discuss with one another, you are more than welcome email or use the PM system.

That said here are some things to consider. They are not rules, just something to think about!

If you are unable to afford Windstones (I know many folks are unable to) and the fact that you are unable to afford them or seeing others posting about their Windstone acquisitions offends or upsets you, this forum is probably not the best place to be. Everyone is welcome here (except spammers!) but be fair to yourself and others; this is a Windstone Collector’s forum and there is little to no chance of not being able to see someone talking about their new Windstone pieces.

Windstones, as all other artwork, are luxury items. Beautiful, full of life, addictive and amazing luxury items, but luxury items none the less. All though many of us feel the crack-addiction to these, life can go on without them if you have other financial priorities (such as food, rent, bills!).

That said, many of us that can’t afford Windstones still frequent the forum- for there is a wonderful community here, one of the nicest I’ve known online, and one can enjoy Windstones without needing to purchase frequently. It is not always the ownership of pieces that brings joy, but the appreciation of the art! After all, I doubt many folks go to an art museum and walk out carrying their favorite pieces. They go to the museum to enjoy and appreciate the art for what it is. There is no reason you cannot do that here! πŸ™‚

It is also clear that some members feel that there might be some grandstanding or bragging going on. It is true that Melody and the rest want you to share your excitement and enthusiasm for Windstones and collecting them! Members are encouraged to share stories, photos, and the deals they got. Please do not be discouraged to do so. I can also understand that some may feel that it occasionally gets out of hand. I genuinely doubt that any member here has done so out of malice, but instead is probably just very excited about their Windstones. As with everything, moderation is key.
                  Consider a analogy… Forum member A from the Car Collector’s Forum finally saves up enough money to buy that new Porche they’ve always wanted. They post about it and share photos and talk about how shiny the finish is. This is exciting and good! Other forum members congratulate them and it’s good times. Two weeks later forum member A is still taking about their new Porche. This is understandable; it is a huge purchase and Foum member A’s dream car- how can he not be excited? It’s only when forum member A starts posting excessively, and in threads that have little to do with his Porche, that the other forum members start to get resentful.

I think that is partially the problem here. And the thing of it is- it is all a matter of opinion. Some people will have a problem with it, and some people let it slide or don’t even notice. We are all individuals that have different things that effect us differently.

I think the most important thing to remember is that I have never seen anyone show any true malice toward another forum member. It is all in the context of the situation and bear in mind we are all different in our ways.

That said, I want to close with an offer- if you ever have a problem with the way another forum member is conducting themselves, most of the time your best best is to either ignore it or talk to the offending person about it. If you truly feel uncomfortable doing so, then you are welcome to PM me about it, and I will keep things confidential. Let’s all take a deep breath and smile, because who can be angry when we’re discussing things like poads and griffin chicks? πŸ˜€

If anyone has a problem with anything I’ve said here, or disagree with my locking the thread, they are welcome to PM me and we will discuss it. πŸ™‚

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                  My art: featherdust.com

Viewing 11 posts - 136 through 146 (of 146 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.