fbpx

Male 'Sun Griffin'

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Male 'Sun Griffin'

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 146 total)
  • Author
    Jennifer
    Keymaster

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
      My art: featherdust.com

Jennifer
      Keymaster

Hey guys, I can finally reveal my secret project- painted griffins! This is an official one, not a repaint. I call him a sun griffin only because of the stones in his necklace, but that doesn’t make much sense.. I couldn’t get a sunstone in the right size. So he has a smokey quartz and two opals (they’re sparkly little opals). The female will have moonstones. πŸ™‚

He’ll get sent to the Factory sometime later next week so he’ll be listed sometime after that I think! He’s way cooler than photos do him justice for. I just uploaded the main photos of him to the gallery, they’re not quite right in terms of color, but you’re welcome to look:
        http://www.windstoneeditions.com/galleries/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pos=0

Here are some detail shots!

So you can see his pretty stones:

And a detail of his shimmery feathers:

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com

That is beautiful. Is this DM’s secret? Are they going to be production peices?

Maria
        Participant

Wow! I wouldn’t be surprised if he went for as much as an SK.

Jennifer
          Keymaster

dragonessjade wrote:

No, I have no idea what DM’s secret is! 😯 I can’t paint them fast enough to be production pieces, these are hand painted and take about a million years to do. They will be individually listed on eBay, like the Prototype Old Warriors and the Secret Keepers. πŸ™‚

Maria
            Participant

There’s only one sun griffin and one moon griffin, right? Or will you be making multiples?

Skigod377
              Participant

Wow Nam! That is beautiful!!!

Nambroth wrote:

dragonessjade wrote:

No, I have no idea what DM’s secret is! 😯 I can’t paint them fast enough to be production pieces, these are hand painted and take about a million years to do. They will be individually listed on eBay, like the Prototype Old Warriors and the Secret Keepers. πŸ™‚
                I want, I want. *Runs to rob a bank*

Jennifer
                Keymaster

Greater Basilisk wrote:

There’s only one sun griffin and one moon griffin, right? Or will you be making multiples?

We have to choose our wording carefully. The way I work, there is no way I could paint another griffin just like this- so in a sense he is hand painted and ‘one of a kind’. However we don’t want to box ourselves in and have a problem should I ever do one that is similar to this one (or if ‘da boss asks me to) so I want to be real clear that there could be one similar to this in the future, however I don’t have intentions of doing so now. I hope that makes sense?? We don’t want anyone to have bad feelings about getting a OOAK piece if I ever do something similar in the future, so we don’t use that specific term.

Maria
                  Participant

I see. So for starters there will be only one of each on E-Bay. (That’s what I wanted to know – or whether there’d be a batch of 10 or 24.) Thanks!

ladybrooklyn
                    Participant

WOW WOW WOW Nam!!! Amazing!

I love the details… he’s just GORGEOUS!!!

Sadly… I’ll never be able to afford him…. but WOW!!! HE’s just fantastic!!!

I can’t wait to see how high he goes!!!! πŸ˜€

Tiffany
                      Participant

oh my god he is absolutely gorgeous! wow! 😯 i am officially in shock over here! good for you! he looks sooooooooo alive! eeeeeeeeeeeeee! i am so happy for you, you must be thrilled with how great he looks! what a life filled face and the way you flash those feathers is incredible! oooooooooh you made my day with him! πŸ˜€

Good luck in the sale!!

drag0nfeathers
                        Participant

LOL! I just posted a topic on this cause I didn’t see one! LOL! My bad!

Got a busted Windstone?
                          drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                          *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                          Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                          Siphlophis Male Dragon
                          Calypso Hatching Empress
                          Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                          Tattoo Mother Kirin
                          Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                          Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                          Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                          Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                          Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                          Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Maria
                          Participant

CherylKaufman wrote:

Good luck in the sale!!

Yeah – I hope this guy brings in a big cut for you, Nam. I can only imagine all the work you did if you painted him feather by feather as usual.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 146 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.