fbpx

Male 'Sun Griffin'

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Male 'Sun Griffin'

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 146 total)
  • Author
    Jennifer
    Keymaster

mimitrek wrote:

Nam — I really love this color scheme! Is the female moon griffin also going to have this same color scheme? Are you planning to paint griffin chicks with this color scheme also?

We’re going to auction them separately, so I will paint her similarly to the male, but different enough that she is pretty enough on her own (in case she wants to be a proud single mother :lol:)! That way if different people end up with them, they are different enough to be individuals, but similar enough to be a couple. I hope to paint some chicks- it depends on Melody and John and what their plans are for me though. πŸ™‚ The one chick still has some casting issues, I know that much. We play things by ear, depending on how well they do, most of the time! Like Melody and everyone, it’s really hard to plan things. πŸ˜‰

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
      My art: featherdust.com

Nambroth wrote:

mimitrek wrote:

Nam — I really love this color scheme! Is the female moon griffin also going to have this same color scheme? Are you planning to paint griffin chicks with this color scheme also?

We’re going to auction them separately, so I will paint her similarly to the male, but different enough that she is pretty enough on her own (in case she wants to be a proud single mother :lol:)! That way if different people end up with them, they are different enough to be individuals, but similar enough to be a couple. I hope to paint some chicks- it depends on Melody and John and what their plans are for me though. πŸ™‚ The one chick still has some casting issues, I know that much. We play things by ear, depending on how well they do, most of the time! Like Melody and everyone, it’s really hard to plan things. πŸ˜‰

That’s great! I can’t wait to see the mother griffin. I hope you manage to get the chicks painted too — they’d look great as a family. πŸ˜€

Pegasi1978
      Participant

How I wish this would become the new production color of griffins. It’s different enough to tell it apart from the old tan griffins and oh so beautiful. I like it better than the new wolf color and the spotted color as well. It’s competing with the the old Black color for which one is my favorite.

Too bad I’ll never be able to afford any of the truly rare pieces like this or I would go after it with a vengance.

nessiemom
        Participant

Oh wow… I keep looking, and oh wow… He is just utterly fantastic!! Wow…

chicks also? That would be really neat.

Participant

mimitrek wrote:

Wow, he’s beautiful!

Thanks for sharing the video with us — its really neat to see you painting. And it gives me a much better appreciation of how much work goes into these guys! I didn’t know the brushes involved were so small. 😯

I couldn’t agree more! I got a real kick out of watching you paint and hearing your voice. I knew your pieces took a lot of time, but man! Those paint brushes were tiny! You do wonderful (timeconsuming) work. I hope he sells well.

As a side note, watching how you create your masterpieces really encourages me to take out my PYOs and start painting. I learn by example, and that short video really inspired me. Thank you!

Skigod377
            Participant

That video was cool and it made me realize that it wouldn’t hurt to take a little more time to do these. I would like to see you paint a whole feather. It looks like it goes from dark, to light, then back to dark, and then there’s banding. I’d like to see how you do it. And I enjoyed the ambient bird noises!! πŸ˜† Is Bob Ross the guy who used to paint the “happy trees?”

Maria
              Participant

Thanks for the video, Nam. It’s neat to be able to watch you paint. 10-12 layers per feather… And I thought I took a long time painting. πŸ˜†

Jennifer
                Keymaster

skigod377 wrote:

That video was cool and it made me realize that it wouldn’t hurt to take a little more time to do these. I would like to see you paint a whole feather. It looks like it goes from dark, to light, then back to dark, and then there’s banding. I’d like to see how you do it. And I enjoyed the ambient bird noises!! πŸ˜† Is Bob Ross the guy who used to paint the “happy trees?”

Hahah, yeah that’s who Bob Ross was. Some people hated him because he basically taught how to do canned ‘sofa’ paintings, but honestly he inspired a lot of people to paint that otherwise wouldn’t have picked up a brush, who can hate that?
                  The thing about each feather is that I go over the entire Windstone with one color at a time, I don’t paint each feather to completion indvidually- just as a group. Since I can only take about 5 min of video at a time I don’t think I could do that, but maybe I can repaint a feather on one of my old PYO griffins to show yow!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                  My art: featherdust.com

I have never bid on an auction ltd piece before, but if that one is not going into production,–well then ladies and gentleman its game on-that is without even a remotest doubt-the most amazing windstone I have ever seen.

Pegasi1978
                  Participant

dragonkeeper wrote:

I have never bid on an auction ltd piece before, but if that one is not going into production,–well then ladies and gentleman its game on-that is without even a remotest doubt-the most amazing windstone I have ever seen.

I agree but won’t be in the bidding war that will happen over it because I know I could never afford it at the price it will probably reach. I don’t know if I can watch either, it’s just too depressing to see all these beautiful pieces that I can never, ever afford. Almost makes me want to quit the forum.

Skigod377
                    Participant

pegasi1978 wrote:

I agree but won’t be in the bidding war that will happen over it because I know I could never afford it at the price it will probably reach. I don’t know if I can watch either, it’s just too depressing to see all these beautiful pieces that I can never, ever afford. Almost makes me want to quit the forum.

Quit the forum cuz you cant afford a LE peice? That seems totally unrelated.

There are lots of folks on here that cant afford a LE peice… some cant even afford a Windstone, period.

Starbreeze
                      Participant

I understand being depressed about not having a chance at one of the auctions, but I’d never quit over it. I keep hoping one of these days, I’ll have the cash πŸ˜†

i love all the pieces but never had one get to me like that one- its going to be hard not to throw the kitchen sink at it- and I never even consider those kinds of thoughts—-it must be loaded with some mystical powers beyond my brain capacity—encrypted in the feathers are the subliminal messages of win me, win me, win me

Starbreeze
                        Participant

Talking Windstones…that’s scary 😯

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 146 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.