fbpx

LAST CALL for PYO swap sign up!

Home Forums Miscellany Swaps LAST CALL for PYO swap sign up!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 305 total)
  • Author
    dragonmedley
    Participant

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
      http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
      I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
      http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

dragonmedley
      Participant

Letโ€™s do a PYO swap!

PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ EVERYTHING BEFORE YOU SIGN UP! Itโ€™s long, but pretty much exhaustive.

We donโ€™t have a โ€œdue dateโ€, but a โ€œship dateโ€, meaning everyone will be mailing their painted piece on this date. Yes, weโ€™ll have a whole bunch of pictures coming up all at once, but this will avoid people falling short (itโ€™s happened in the past).

The ship date is April 5.

Prior to this date, so on March 26, I will send out a message to everyone, asking if the piece is ready. You will need to respond, with a picture of your piece, before April 2nd. If you do not send a response by that date, you will be considered out of the swap. In all, thatโ€™ll be 7 weeks to order and paint your piece.

Once the response is received, you will be sent the address of the person for whom you painted. Thatโ€™s right! Once the names are picked out of the hat, at first, you will only get the name and color scheme of your swapee. That way, no one will mail out ahead of time and create confusion.

If people do not respond, Iโ€™ll reshuffle โ€“ hence the picture of the piece. Iโ€™ll match the existing pieces as best as I can. Hopefully, I wonโ€™t need to do it at all.

TO SIGN UP: you need to email me at:
        dragonmedley@myfirehawk.ca
        No PMs, please. It will make things much easier to manage. Iโ€™ll confirm that I got the email as soon as I can.

The sign-up is open from January 20 to February 4. On the 5th, Iโ€™ll draw the names and email them to you.

Make sure your forum name is the first thing in the subject line.
        Example: Dragonmedley โ€“ PYO swap/Sign me up/etc.

We will need the following information:
        1. Your full name and address
        2. Indicate if you will ship worldwide. We have members in the US, Canada, Switzerland, Finland, Iceland, UKโ€ฆ
        3. What you want. For example, colors or theme, the sculpt, if you have a preference. If you want a Muse, indicate it. Otherwise, weโ€™ve agreed that the Muse will not be used. So far, it seems like the store is restocked except for the small dragon, so letโ€™s leave these little guys out this time around. I would also recommend that you indicate your first choice of sculpt and another one, just in case the store runs out.

A few more rules to remember:
        โ€ข You are responsible for buying a blank PYO and mailing it. In return, you will receive a painted piece.
        โ€ข The person for whom youโ€™re painting will more than likely not be painting for you. This in not an outright trade, but more like a โ€œsecret Santaโ€ exchange.
        โ€ข If youโ€™re shipping outside your country, make the value 10$; otherwise, the person will probably have to pay duties, even if you indicate that the package is a gift.
        โ€ข Weโ€™ll have a big enough group, so itโ€™s possible to accommodate everyone. So, if youโ€™re allergic to painting griffins, say it. Same if you only want to paint a unicorn. However, donโ€™t ask to have so-and-so paint your piece! This will be totally random. I will refer back to the previous swaps so you wonโ€™t be painting for the same person again (if youโ€™ve participated before), but otherwise, what comes out of the hat is it. Keep in mind I will not be checking who painted for whom for the Muse swap โ€“ that oneโ€™s a stand-alone.
        โ€ข It may be redundant, but make sure you double-box the piece when you send it.
        โ€ข Donโ€™t forget to sign the felt pad!
        โ€ข Last but not least, do not post pictures, not even in your gallery, before the person gets the piece. When you receive your piece, please acknowledge it right away in the thread (Iโ€™ll create one separately from the sign-up thread). If you can, post pictures. If you canโ€™t, mention it, and the person who painted it will more than probably be happy to post pictures.

One last thing: If you have any questions, doubts, problems, let me know! I’ll help as much as I can.

So let’s go!!!!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
        http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
        I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
        http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

bayoudragon
        Participant

WOOOOOOOT!!! I’m in. Will send email soon. ๐Ÿ˜€

Hannah
          Participant

Hooray!! Emailed you ๐Ÿ™‚

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
            Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

KoishiiKitty
            Participant

I’ll be in this one! I’ll turn in my email after I figure out what I want to request for the swap.

machineguts
              Participant

Count me in too! Sending an e-mail soon. ๐Ÿ™‚

i am so tempted to be in on this… but if i have to turn down commissions in order to keep life sane and get my own work done, i shouldnt be doing trades…. ๐Ÿ˜•

PurpleTurtle
                Participant

Yay! I’m so excited I’m finally going to get to do one of these :snappy: . Sent ya an e-mail ๐Ÿ˜‰

Apari
                  Participant

I’m in, just emailed you!

KoishiiKitty
                    Participant

daydreamer wrote:

i am so tempted to be in on this… but if i have to turn down commissions in order to keep life sane and get my own work done, i shouldnt be doing trades…. ๐Ÿ˜•

If life is just to hectic or busy right now, then do not stress it. :hug:
                      There will deffinately be another swap.

But if you find time and do end up joining in, we will all cheer.

LadyFirebird
                      Participant

I’m jumping in as well–already sent email. Gotta have something fun in my life! ๐Ÿ˜€

Illith
                        Participant

I’m going to attempt doing this! ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Grayfire_artz
                          Participant

all over it ๐Ÿ˜‰

bayoudragon
                            Participant

daydreamer wrote:

I’m kinda in the same boat, so I completely understand… as I’m sure many others here do. I normally don’t do trades either, but I make the swaps an exception! ๐Ÿ™‚

Do what you need to do. (((hugs)))

no pressure… LOL ๐Ÿ˜†

Hannah
                              Participant

BD – I was JUST looking through the gallery and I came across your first keeper – ๐Ÿ˜ฎ He reminds me of a stained glass window, I LOVES!! I tabbed over to see what was going on in the PYO forums and you were the last one to have posted ๐Ÿ˜†

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
                                Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 305 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.