fbpx

I am testing our store announcement system 1-29-15 – this thread has stuff about how it works

Home Forums Windstone Editions Windstone Store Discussion I am testing our store announcement system 1-29-15 – this thread has stuff about how it works

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 99 total)
  • Author
    etruscan
    Participant

For me, my issue is NOT my email notices going into my spam folder. I am truly having an issue getting any of the automated emails Windstone sends out. It’s interesting that others are not experiencing the same issues, but I don’t really know what to do about it.

How do you subscribe to the newsletter?

Believe me, others are having similar issues (including me). Messages from Windstone are not getting through for some reason – they are not ending up in the Spam folder – but some people ARE getting messages and at least a few had problems that then cleared up. All very mysterious.

Aspects of the problem have been discussed off and on for the last month. I’m not sure whether we are seeing a set of related issues or not, but definitely annoying.

Kiya
      Participant

To ease some of the checking traffic, at least a lil bit maybe, perhaps we should make a ‘Is it today?’ Thread. Everyday someone could ask if that day will be the release day and everyday until release day Susie or any WS official can reply ‘Nope, not today!’. I don’t know, just a thought until this announcement thing is fixed.

I think a final decision is frequently not made until late in the day Pacific so it would probably lead to the same challenges as any other forum posting.

New items announcements are often made on the forum after the item goes in – it’s been a long time since things were announced in advance on the forum. 🙂

What would folks think about having an announcement go up in advance on Facebook? You can access the Facebook page even if you aren’t registered to Facebook and their servers can handle the extra load better than Windstone’s page! 🙂

Landipan
        Participant

To ease some of the checking traffic, at least a lil bit maybe, perhaps we should make a ‘Is it today?’ Thread. Everyday someone could ask if that day will be the release day and everyday until release day Susie or any WS official can reply ‘Nope, not today!’. I don’t know, just a thought until this announcement thing is fixed.

I think a final decision is frequently not made until late in the day Pacific so it would probably lead to the same challenges as any other forum posting.

New items announcements are often made on the forum after the item goes in – it’s been a long time since things were announced in advance on the forum. 🙂

What would folks think about having an announcement go up in advance on Facebook? You can access the Facebook page even if you aren’t registered to Facebook and their servers can handle the extra load better than Windstone’s page! 🙂

I think the FB idea is an awesome idea! 😀

*Formerly meowmix101
          Not currently open for PYO commissions.

Kiya
          Participant

I’ll ask Susie about it 🙂

fatalbeauty
            Participant

wouldn’t like that, I don’t look at facebook often especially not many times a day to keep looking for something to come up besides doesn’t that backfire sometimes? I remember one time with the GBB unicorns, Melody put something up on deviantart about them and we couldn’t even barely access the Windstone site let alone order one……that was a very stressful day ;-;

4 things I'm looking for:
              1. Mother Meerkat
              2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
              3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
              4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Kim
              Blocked

If Windstone could send a mass message on facebook I would see that on my phone but if they just post it on the Windstone page, I would not see it as I don’t check it enough. I would more likely be on here so if it was announced here a couple hours ahead that would really help if the emails don’t work. Maybe tomorrow you could test the back in stock notices or store announcement notices again?

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Angelika_Zen
                Participant

Spam folder: Nope, they’re not going to my spam folder, and I’ve never had an issue receiving notices before this.

Facebook: It’s nice that everyone’s brainstorming on how to get the notifications out, but it’s no good for those of us (no matter how few) are NOT on FB.

Here’s hoping the Newsletter thing works

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

etruscan
                  Participant

An announcement posted on the Facebook page can be seen by everybody (Facebook members or not) so that would work for people like me who are not Facebook members.

As someone mentioned, notice on Facebook could increase the number of people trying to buy as soon as the wolves hit the store. However you can’t buy unless you’re a Forum member, and Forum members can sign up for notifications, so maybe this is a circular argument.

**Grabs my walker from the corner** Once upon a time, new items and Grab Bags were put into the store with no announcements. That was nerve wracking! Any kind of notification is an improvement IMO. 😀

Bullsquid
                    Participant

Maybe I’m reading your post wrong, Etruscan, but I’m sure you don’t need to be a forum member to buy from the Windstone store. Many people love Windstones but don’t feel the need to participate in the forum side of things. You can sign up for notifications without being a forum member too.

I feel like posting the announcements on the Windstone Facebook page would just give everyone another site to compulsively stalk until the items get put in the store, but it’s better than nothing. Personally, I think the notification emails were the best method of alerting us to new items being put in the store, so I hope they get sorted out, or that the Newsletter announcements work.

etruscan
                      Participant

Maybe I’m reading your post wrong, Etruscan, but I’m sure you don’t need to be a forum member to buy from the Windstone store. Many people love Windstones but don’t feel the need to participate in the forum side of things. You can sign up for notifications without being a forum member too.

I feel like posting the announcements on the Windstone Facebook page would just give everyone another site to compulsively stalk until the items get put in the store, but it’s better than nothing. Personally, I think the notification emails were the best method of alerting us to new items being put in the store, so I hope they get sorted out, or that the Newsletter announcements work.

As I understand it, when you sign up with Windstone you automatically become a member of the Forum. Some people choose to participate and some don’t.

I was using “Forum member” as shorthand for “Person signed up with Windstone and able to buy from the store, get notifications, participate in Forum discussions, post Classified ads, comment on Melody’s Blog …” Maybe there is a better term?

Natasha
                        Participant

Yay I just got a test email from you!

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
                          ANY Red Eyed Unis
                          ANY Test Paint Bat
                          UNIS:
                          The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
                          Male- Snow Leopard TP
                          White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
                          Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
                          Mother: Okapi
                          Gothic - Mahogany
                          PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
                          DRAGONS: Male Coyote

PrairieVixen
                          Participant

I did as well! 🙂

.*ºSearching for Spectrals and Rising Spectrals in all patterns and colors!º*.

Bullsquid
                            Participant

The latest test worked for both of my emails signed up. Hurray!

Ferlin1984
                              Participant

I did as well! 🙂

Make that three, I got one just a few seconds ago as well. I was hoping it was the release announcement got all excited there for a minute 🙂

Sarah
                                Participant

I did as well! 🙂

Make that three, I got one just a few seconds ago as well. I was hoping it was the release announcement got all excited there for a minute 🙂

Hehe ditto! Just got the “test,” I’m glad its working!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 99 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.