fbpx

I am testing our store announcement system 1-29-15 – this thread has stuff about how it works

Home Forums Windstone Editions Windstone Store Discussion I am testing our store announcement system 1-29-15 – this thread has stuff about how it works

Viewing 9 posts - 91 through 99 (of 99 total)
  • Author
    Aggie83
    Participant

@ etruscan Thank you for the explanation, but unfortunately that is my concern. I did register for the “sign up for notifications” , which is the only reason I would have gotten the notice about the pink rising spectral as that is not something I asked to be notified for when back in stock. So I got that one, but not one about the brown spectral and I am inferring from the other comments that it appears I was not the only one. Normally, I wouldn’t be so concerned, but there is the issue of those little GB kirins that will be hitting the store in the next few weeks (I presume) and I SO do not want to miss that announcement.

EDIT: I reread Susie’s comment and think I get it now. I received the notice of the pink rising spectral because that sculpt in that coloration was brand new. Since the brown spectral was a restock, ONLY those who specifically asked for notification of restock would get it.

I’m new to this and still trying to figure it all out. :~

Susie
      Keymaster

There you have it Aggie!

The Announcements go out when we put new things in the store – we don’t generally do that for restocks.
        If you’ve pressed the “notify” button on an out of stock item you should receive an email when we restock it.

When we have the Grab Bag Standing Baby Ki-rins and email announcement will go out to all who’ve signed up for “notifications” on the home page of our store.

Let me take this opportunity to remind everyone to please refrain from running auto-refreshing programs or scripts (for example: If your Uncle James set something up so that your computer beeps to tell you when Windstone puts in something new – Have him turn it off! – that is not a good thing!). I don’t know if sitting there and pressing refresh over and over and over will stop things from working, but it might if a lot of people are doing that all at once, so please lets don’t do that.

etruscan
        Participant

Just to follow up, because it IS confusing.

The FIRST batch of Grab Bag baby kirins will have a Store Announcement of some kind since they are a new item in the store. I think that Susie arranges for those to go out to everybody who has signed up for notifications of NEW items in the store. That is the “Sign up for notifications” button on the Windstone Store home page.

After that, you will have to click the “Notify when back in stock” button to get notices about any future Grab Bag baby kirins. That button is on the page for the item itself and does not appear until all the Grab Bag kirins (or whatever) have been sold. If you see “All stock is in carts”, there is still the possibility that someone will decide not to buy the item after all, and it will reappear in the store.

It does not matter if the first batch of Grab Bag kirins is koi pattern and the next batch is fantasy. The store programming just sees a restock of the Grab Bag baby kirins and sends notices to everybody who has clicked the “Notify when back in stock” button.

All of the Grab Bags work the same way. So if you want to know about a new batch of Grab Bag tadpoads when they go back in the store (some day), click the “Notify when back in stock” button.

I hope this is clear!

Susie
          Keymaster

Thank you etruscan! You’re GOOD! :love:

Blight
            Participant

I did not get one, either.

etruscan
              Participant

You had to click the “Notify when Back in Stock” button on the first batch of Grab Bag kirins to get an email that the new ones were in the store. I did get a notice yesterday that the Fantasy kirins were available. It was a “Restock” email not a “New Item” announcement.

Natasha
                Participant

I actually got FOUR announcements that they’d been restocked. I THOUGHT I just clicked the notify button once, but maybe I went on a mad, button-pressing spree in my sleep?

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
                  ANY Red Eyed Unis
                  ANY Test Paint Bat
                  UNIS:
                  The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
                  Male- Snow Leopard TP
                  White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
                  Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
                  Mother: Okapi
                  Gothic - Mahogany
                  PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
                  DRAGONS: Male Coyote

Prezaurian
                  Participant

I received the e-mail just fine. One copy for one notify button click.

Scathach
                    Participant

I got the notice just fine and was able to get a KiRin without any difficulty. The shopping cart was happy yesterday, too.

Life is beautiful.

Viewing 9 posts - 91 through 99 (of 99 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.