fbpx

I am testing our store announcement system 1-29-15 – this thread has stuff about how it works

Home Forums Windstone Editions Windstone Store Discussion I am testing our store announcement system 1-29-15 – this thread has stuff about how it works

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 99 total)
  • Author
    etruscan
    Participant

Susie I didn’t get anything from you Thursday I hope that doesn’t mean I won’t get future announcements on new store items.

The announcement didn’t go out. Susie’s follow-up post about it (#10 above):

“Something is wrong with the announcement system – no one got any messages.”

Ferlin1984
      Participant

This is a newbie question. 🙂 I haven’t been around long enough to know myself but I thought some of you that have been here longer would know. When the store announcements come out, it is usually a couple hours before they hit the store, when you sign up for a restock, is it immediate? or is there a delay to put them in? Hopefully there is a a delay for those who cant get to a computer.

Susie
        Keymaster

That’s a good question Ferlin1984. We haven’t been able to know exactly when an announcement email would be received (with the old system it could have been as much as 2 hours in advance) – and we probably still will not know exactly when that will happen with what we are going to try now, but our intention is to have the email go out announcing the time that the item will go into the store, giving you enough time to make arrangements to be at a computer. The timing will probably vary from item to item (items that we do not expect to sell out quickly will not require a lot of lead time).

As usual, we will need people to refrain from refreshing a whole bunch right before the time the item goes into the store – or the site slows down so much we cannot put it in! For this reason we do not allow the use of auto-refreshing scripts on our website.

Ferlin1984
          Participant

That’s a good question Ferlin1984. We haven’t been able to know exactly when an announcement email would be received (with the old system it could have been as much as 2 hours in advance) – and we probably still will not know exactly when that will happen with what we are going to try now, but our intention is to have the email go out announcing the time that the item will go into the store, giving you enough time to make arrangements to be at a computer. The timing will probably vary from item to item (items that we do not expect to sell out quickly will not require a lot of lead time).

As usual, we will need people to refrain from refreshing a whole bunch right before the time the item goes into the store – or the site slows down so much we cannot put it in! For this reason we do not allow the use of auto-refreshing scripts on our website.

OK. Thanks for getting back to me. I guess it is sort of hit and miss, when I got a store announcement it was always between 2-3 hours before the actual release but I have never done a restock notice before.

KaytanaPhoenix
            Participant

OK. Thanks for getting back to me. I guess it is sort of hit and miss, when I got a store announcement it was always between 2-3 hours before the actual release but I have never done a restock notice before.

The way it worked before the problems started rolling in, the store announcement was a couple hours or so before, telling when to expect new items… but with a restock notice, it’s when it happens.. trickier for sure!

Susie, is it possible you could post a store announcement style notice a couple hours ahead here on the forum? Give those of us who can check in on the forum every now and again a bit of a heads up?

fatalbeauty
              Participant

Susie, is it possible you could post a store announcement style notice a couple hours ahead here on the forum? Give those of us who can check in on the forum every now and again a bit of a heads up?

I would like this as well, especially when the announcement email may get uber delayed like it did with the BM laps….

4 things I'm looking for:
                1. Mother Meerkat
                2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
                3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
                4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Susie
                Keymaster

“Notify When Back in stock”: I’m sorry Ferlin, I didn’t answer your whole question. When you press the “notify when back in stock” button on an item’s page, an email goes out to you when we restock the item. The emails go out in the order in which everyone pressed that button – so the first guy to have pressed it is going to get his email before the last guy – if there are tons of emails in the list, it will be a few minutes later.

Announcing things on the forum: We don’t announce things on the forum because then forum members keep refreshing to see if the announcement has appeared, and this slows down our website. Using an emailed announcement system keeps that traffic off of our website (you get to refresh your email over and over!).

NEWSLETTER: We are going to try using the Newsletter to make the new product announcement. We will use this new product to test how that works.

When the pebble wolves and foxes are ready, I’ll probably get that information out there to you in several different ways!

KaytanaPhoenix
                  Participant

Announcing things on the forum: We don’t announce things on the forum because then forum members keep refreshing to see if the announcement has appeared, and this slows down our website. Using an emailed announcement system keeps that traffic off of our website (you get to refresh your email over and over!).

I’ve seen several announcements made on the forum…?

Ferlin1984
                    Participant

ok. That really clears things up. I didn’t know about the queue for the restock, being first and last. I have subscribed to the newsletter so maybe that will work out. I am sure everyone will find out some way when items are available. Thank you for taking the time to answer my question.

fatalbeauty
                      Participant

I’ve seen several announcements made on the forum…?

um, yeah, ditto on that….you used to do it….

also forum members always seem to start refreshing at around 1-5pm Pacific time no matter what, the site always slows down around there since everyone is waiting around at those times when something is coming out…

4 things I'm looking for:
                        1. Mother Meerkat
                        2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
                        3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
                        4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Skylover
                        Participant

For me, my issue is NOT my email notices going into my spam folder. I am truly having an issue getting any of the automated emails Windstone sends out. It’s interesting that others are not experiencing the same issues, but I don’t really know what to do about it.

How do you subscribe to the newsletter?

Ferlin1984
                          Participant

For me, my issue is NOT my email notices going into my spam folder. I am truly having an issue getting any of the automated emails Windstone sends out. It’s interesting that others are not experiencing the same issues, but I don’t really know what to do about it.

It is at the bottom of the homepage or any page actually.

Skylover
                            Participant

It is at the bottom of the homepage or any page actually.

Thanks! I subscribed to it, so hopefully I’ll get it since I was able to complete the process.

KaytanaPhoenix
                              Participant

and won’t people – not trusting the email issue – going to be loading the Windstone page a lot anyway? I can tell you right now that I personally will be checking the main forum page, along with the topic page that has been talking about the GB set and the store to try and assure I don’t miss anything, it will be checked several times a day until I have information someplace that either tells me “not today” or “it’s going to happen on this day at this time”… I did get the restock announcement on the Blue Morpho’s, but I’m not going to entirely trust the email system right now…

I would figure it would be better to give people ONE place to look? But that’s my logic…

and I would think there is a pretty basic understanding that if you’re going to release 4-5 major things at one time.. volume is going to happen, regardless, people will be on more often to check and see if there are any updates, any preview photos, talk and chat with each other over their excitement… and doing as I mentioned above, making sure they’re not missing it

Landipan
                                Participant

To ease some of the checking traffic, at least a lil bit maybe, perhaps we should make a ‘Is it today?’ Thread. Everyday someone could ask if that day will be the release day and everyday until release day Susie or any WS official can reply ‘Nope, not today!’. I don’t know, just a thought until this announcement thing is fixed.

*Formerly meowmix101
                                  Not currently open for PYO commissions.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 99 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.