fbpx

Hobbies Besides Collecting Windstone?

Home Forums Miscellany Community Hobbies Besides Collecting Windstone?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 92 total)
  • Author

I paint, furry artwork, ceramics and Windstones. I used to be pretty decent at throwing a tomahawk, but need to set up a target so I can again.

I read everything in sight. I love horses and used to have 2, but had to give them up when we moved to Idaho two years ago. Now that we have 5 acres, once I get some darn fences in, I will be getting horses again. Yay!

Current hobbies have been landscaping the property and planning the veggie garden.

Kyrin

Maria
    Participant

What kind of horses do you want to get, Kyrin?

I thought i just made one of these topics last week lol!

Elena
      Participant

How many hoops do you have to jump through to get a gun in Canada, Ruff? (If you want to be legal, of course. Criminals don’t obey gun restrictions, but they sure love ’em – means their prey is unarmed.)[/quote wrote:

I’d rather have the gun laws. The idea of people able to wander around with semi automatics doesn’t make me feel good.

Ther is something like a googoplex (hehe I’m smart πŸ™„ ) of hoops to jump through to get a gun here, even just a plain old hunting rifle. And then there was the fiasco with the national gun registry…. There are alot of Alberta Rednecks wandering around with out licences cause they registered their guns and then the government lost the registration and wanted them to pay the fee again to register. There are also laws about purchasing ammmo and needing to have a valid gun permit to do so.

I fly and do Mad Aerobatics with MAD people 8)

Yep thats actually me in the plane πŸ˜€

Also alot of sailing on my yacht (Dad thinks she is his but she is actually mine)

Love Horse Riding, fencing, Shooting, Swimming and Running!

LOVE Photography and Art and going being outside in general lol!

keschete
        Participant

Griffiness wrote:

I fly and do Mad Aerobatics with MAD people 8)

Yep thats actually me in the plane πŸ˜€

Also alot of sailing on my yacht (Dad thinks she is his but she is actually mine)

Love Horse Riding, fencing, Shooting, Swimming and Running!

LOVE Photography and Art and going being outside in general lol!

WAY COOL!!!!

i have no life out of graduate school.

Maria
          Participant

foxfeather wrote:

greater basilisk wrote:

How many hoops do you have to jump through to get a gun in Canada, Ruff? (If you want to be legal, of course. Criminals don’t obey gun restrictions, but they sure love ’em – means their prey is unarmed.)

I’d rather have the gun laws. The idea of people able to wander around with semi automatics doesn’t make me feel good.

You realize that gun crime increases with gun bans installed?
            We need permits to buy certain guns here too. (Hunting weapons and guns from before 1890 are free to anybody.) Ammo can be bought without a valid permit; you just need to show a copy with your first ammo buy.

Griffiness wrote:

I fly and do Mad Aerobatics with MAD people

That’s cool, Griffiness! *thumbs up*

To get a hand gun in Canada you have to do a course on gun safety and pass a criminal check. And before you can purchase any gun you have to again pass a criminal check, no buying guns at trade shows up here, heck it can take up to a week to get all the paperwork in order.

Maria
            Participant

Ciriminal check is okay, but safety course… That’s what Dads and uncles are for.
              Here you just have to be 18 and a resident. (If you’re Balkan or Sri Lankan or some kinds of African you’re not allowed to buy guns. Doesn’t stop them, of course.) I have a very good bureaucrat; it only takes him a few days to process my request for another 3-gun permit.

ruffian wrote:

To get a hand gun in Canada you have to do a course on gun safety and pass a criminal check. And before you can purchase any gun you have to again pass a criminal check, no buying guns at trade shows up here, heck it can take up to a week to get all the paperwork in order.

honestly, i wish some of those things were mandatory here. it would help keep guns out of the hands of crazies.

Jennifer
              Keymaster

Oh man griff! I always wanted to be a pilot. Sigh! You make me envious!

I have a few firearms myself. I don’t have them here with me; my motherinlaw won’t permit a weapon in the house. I don’t agree with her but I respect her decision and follow it. Once I move out though I’ll get them back. They’re with my dad right now. πŸ™‚

Usually the gun control laws make me foaming at the mouth angry, but I do agree that a course or test in firearms safety should be mandatory. Or at least a test to make sure that one understands how to be safe. This won’t stop criminals at all- make no mistake. It’ll just help educate people a little more. Not all of us are lucky to have very gun-safety minded relatives. Heck, I had to teach my cousin how to handle his shotgun safely when I went hunting with him; no one had ever showed him. We must take a hunter safety course and a test to be able to get hunting licenses; I think a simple ‘safe firearm handling’ test would be okay, then you get a certificate that goes on record so a gun seller would know you are ‘certified’ and there is no need to take the test each time you wanted to purchase a firearm! πŸ™‚

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                My art: featherdust.com

NirvanaCat13
                Participant

I shouldn’t have a firearm in the house……Heaven help the neighborhood if I PMS and have a hand gun….. Know that bumpersticker? “I have PMS and a hand gun”? Yah, that was made just for me….

Aside from windstone, I also collect the Sheila Wolk pieces from Dragonsite (because her work is amazing). Lots of reading, sewing, prop-making, and sometimes commissioning of various things.

I’m also pretty damn good at throwing knives. My uncle taught me when I was little and he has a whole wall in his basement that is just a big corkboard target. Not a very useful skill nowadays, but undeniably fun.

Purplecat
                  Participant

Learning how to do glass blowing at the moment….The rest of the time I’m tossing paint at whatever I can get my hands on along with sketch. I love reading…I was a lit education major in college. I also was in fencing and like swords. I grow roses and in general love anything art. I like hiking and gardening and homeschooling. Also, I do wedding cakes as a small side. Um…ebay fanatic…I think that’s it….elfwood lurker…..hmmm….yeah, that’s all I can think of at the moment. πŸ˜€

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 92 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.