fbpx

Hobbies Besides Collecting Windstone?

Home Forums Miscellany Community Hobbies Besides Collecting Windstone?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 92 total)
  • Author
    keschete
    Participant

So what are your hobbies besides collecting WIndstone? Does anyone Skydive, Base Jump, Show Dogs, Ride Horses? What do you do on your weekends? Post some pics!

I like to race cars……

keschete
      Participant

Maria
        Participant

Drool! I love Vipers. What kind of races do you drive? It looks like so much fun!

This is my favorite pastime.

That was taken in the States. Here I go to the range and shoot lying down, but I don’t have any pictures of that. I’ll have to take some.

And then there’s my horse, of course.

keschete
          Participant

Wow! That’s awesome… I love shooting! and I love horses! Maybe we need to do an exchange program…you drive my Viper and I get to Ride your horse!

I have a 2006 Viper Coupe and drag race, but recently I have started to do the Lemans style road racing. I actually spun off the track and ended up in the mud. My husband refused to talk to me for a whole day!!!!hehehe.

I am going to buy my blue Corvette back from the guy who bought it and do more racing in it. I am just waiting to get it back.

I love racing…and being a woman…it always confuses the poor men out there…hehehe

Maria
            Participant

LeMans is cool. It just takes too long. πŸ˜† An exchange program sounds fun! What kind of shooting do you do?

keschete
              Participant

I have a snub nose .38 and my husband has a .357 with a 6″ barrel (very Dirty Harry), we live in south Louisiana….lots of hunting, etc and we have a bunch of shotguns, rifles….I mostly have the .38 to prevent car jacking and anyone trying to take advantage…

We live south of New Orleans….and with the hurricanes, it is never a bad idea to be able to protect your home…

Maria
                Participant

I’m actually surprised how many gun lovers there are on this forum. It’s great.
                  I have a couple handguns that I can shoot around here. I take my assault rifle to the militia range twice a month for practice. Then there are privately-run ranges for calibers besides GP90 (Swiss version of .223 Rem.), but I – unfortuantely – haven’t made use of them yet. Need my own set of wheels first.

Umm ya we have a Glock 9mm (no small accomplishment in canada) so we goo shoot pepsi can with it hehe.

sorry no pics, I do dog stuff mostly for hobby stuff grooming training showing just dog stuff.

What there’s a life outside of work? (That would be surprising to my managers πŸ˜† the company happens to think that you should live for your job) I dog groom every once in a while, it’s nice to not have the pressure of grooming 6-8 dogs in 8 hours. I hated that. My ideal dog grooming day was 4 dogs. πŸ˜† Sorry I babble alot sometimes.

Now I groom one dog it’s so much more enjoyable. I would love to own a poodle if only to experement. I just love all the things you can do to a poodle.

I’m a part time writer (Now I seem only to write fanfiction), a part time painter, and part time needle crafter. Cross stitch, needle point…etc.

Maria
                  Participant

ruffian wrote:

Umm ya we have a Glock 9mm (no small accomplishment in canada)

How many hoops do you have to jump through to get a gun in Canada, Ruff? (If you want to be legal, of course. Criminals don’t obey gun restrictions, but they sure love ’em – means their prey is unarmed.)

romeodanny wrote:

I’m a part time writer (Now I seem only to write fanfiction)

Got some links to your work, Romeodanny?

Greater Basilisk wrote:

ruffian wrote:

Umm ya we have a Glock 9mm (no small accomplishment in canada)

How many hoops do you have to jump through to get a gun in Canada, Ruff? (If you want to be legal, of course. Criminals don’t obey gun restrictions, but they sure love ’em – means their prey is unarmed.)

romeodanny wrote:

I’m a part time writer (Now I seem only to write fanfiction)

Got some links to your work, Romeodanny?
                    😳 I’ve pulled them all down recently for rewriting. I’m not happy with any of them. Maybe someday I’ll repost them. Then I’ll provide links. (Warning though, I write mostly for adult communities…and that includes yaoi 😳 )

Maria
                    Participant

What’s yaoi?

Greater Basilisk wrote:

What’s yaoi?

male/male romance. Most of mine weren’t heavy male/male most of them were suggested male/male.

Maria
                      Participant

I see. πŸ˜‰

I play with my daughter a lot, since she seems to be growing at the speed of light(over a year old already!) I also go for a two hour walk every day(trying to loose weight) to clear my head….I usually just think about model horses. And how we can pay down our credit enough to sell this house and move out somewhere where we can have real ponies.

I am totally engrossed in model horses. It’s a vain attempt to fill the need to have a real one πŸ˜€ . I paint full time, go to shows any chance I get(aka when hubby can watch baby), cruise eBay for the latest find, run my model horse buisness, that kinda thing.

I did stumble across this vidio,
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68hEto84Cu4

This is *the* pony that inspires me to do better, pay off our credit cards in one single swoop, ect. She’s my dream pony, Welsh, dapple grey, bred is just a PERK.

http://www.heavenlypony.com/9418ca.html

When I saw that she was sold, I was so sad I almost cried πŸ˜₯ *someday*

I also kill lots of plants. We live in town, under trees, right next to houses, so natural sunlight is a rarity. I have a small sun room, and that window gets some light, so I’m in the process of killing some rasberry and tomatoes plants. I bought a kit of strawberry plants, but it kinda looks like the dead twigs that came in it are still dead. 😯

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 92 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.