fbpx

Hannah's PYOs

Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 620 total)
  • Author
    Celestial Rainstorm
    Participant

Oooh, thanks for that antiquing tip! I know it wasn’t directed at me, but I still will take anything I read!

Finding happiness again.

Hannah
      Participant

Thank you so much everyone! πŸ˜€ Your kind words as always put a smile on my face and an extra notch of confidence!

Adaneth – he does love it! Now here’s hoping that the family member that he is giving it to loves it just as much πŸ™‚ I won’t know til Christmas! Eep!

Cel – no problem at all! XD I’m always happy to explain how I do things on my PYO pieces πŸ™‚

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
        Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

KaytanaPhoenix
        Participant

Beautiful! πŸ™‚ I can’t help but laugh though, I’ve had a wolf sitting in WIP for a while now that is a sunset theme XD Apparently we think much alike with our painting πŸ˜› lol

Kim
          Blocked

Thanks for the tips on antiquing! I just tried it on the wings of my last pyo but I used black to contrast the orange and when I went to wipe it off, it would just run all over and not stay well so I ended up redoing it a few times and found I had to let it dry 2-4 min before wiping it off but maybe that’s just because it’s hard for the paint to stick in the little grooves in the wings. I ended up using Q-tips to get around the small scales of the wings which was good but I didn’t seal mine first. That was a big mistake because it took some of the base coat of paint right off when I wiped it so I had to re-paint the wings a couple times. Now I know what to do in the future! I will have to order more pyos when I am able to but in the meantime I love seeing pics of the creativity of everyone else! Have you done a lot of pyos for your boyfriend? Does he like them a lot? I was thinking of doing one for a male friend of mine but I am not sure if he would like it or ‘get’ how cool they are.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Hannah
            Participant

Thanks for the tips on antiquing! I just tried it on the wings of my last pyo but I used black to contrast the orange and when I went to wipe it off, it would just run all over and not stay well so I ended up redoing it a few times and found I had to let it dry 2-4 min before wiping it off but maybe that’s just because it’s hard for the paint to stick in the little grooves in the wings. I ended up using Q-tips to get around the small scales of the wings which was good but I didn’t seal mine first. That was a big mistake because it took some of the base coat of paint right off when I wiped it so I had to re-paint the wings a couple times. Now I know what to do in the future! I will have to order more pyos when I am able to but in the meantime I love seeing pics of the creativity of everyone else! Have you done a lot of pyos for your boyfriend? Does he like them a lot? I was thinking of doing one for a male friend of mine but I am not sure if he would like it or ‘get’ how cool they are.

If you were trying to antique a small dragon’s wings – they are very hard to antique darkly! I have always had trouble with them. The antique tends to stick mostly to the upper part of the wing, but looks spotty in the long run so I generally avoid trying to antique them unless the scheme absolutely requires it! There are definitely certain pieces that are a lot easier to antique than others – I think the Keeper in general takes antiquing really well, maybe with the exception of his lower belly, and that’s usually not in the field of view most of the time so it doesn’t bother me πŸ™‚ And even that part is easier to antique than a small dragon’s wings!

I have done a few PYOs for my boyfriend πŸ™‚ Maleficent was a Christmas present for him last year, Bruce (one of the first Keepers in this thread) was the first PYO I ever made for him, “Moss” the Kitty Griffin was his birthday present this year, and lastly I did a repaint for him, which turned out to be my favorite piece ever done! So yeah, he has 4 of them now, 5 if you include Sunset, though he technically commissioned me for that one so he could give it as a gift to one of his family members XD I’m turning him into a mini collector!

@Kay – Hah! Of course πŸ˜‰ great minds, right? And thank you!

yolanda
              Participant

Very BEAUTIFUL !! Hmmm……maybe I should hire you to paint me something. Lol

Amstaff
                Participant

Your sunset dragon is stunning !! Your work is amazing, and I only hope someday I will be able to paint half as well as you! I love reading these threads…. thanks for all the great tips πŸ™‚

Hannah
                  Participant

Thank you Amstaff – and you’re very welcome! I am always happy to help where I can πŸ™‚

Dracco – Eee! Thank you for the compliment! ^^ I am open for commissions too in case you would like that πŸ™‚

jmoore
                    Participant

Hey y’all!

I just got a fantastic little dragon in the mail from Hannah! He’s a repaint, so I can’t post pictures, but I just wanted to shout out my recommendation! Hannah is awesome to work with and I totally LOVE my little dragon. If you want to commission a PYO, you won’t be disappointed!

Thank you Thank you Thank you Hannah!!!!

Hannah
                      Participant

You’re so sweet jmoore!! πŸ˜€ Thank you <3

Kelly
                        Participant

Excellent job, Hannah! I love the details on the horns and the wings. Very nice.

Falcolf
                          Participant

Supremely lovely work Hannah! πŸ˜€ Gorgeous blending and palette!

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

Hannah
                            Participant

I just finished this phoenix commission and although I’d love to get some outdoor pics of him, the weather around here has been pretty poor lately, and he needs to fly to his new owner so these will have to do!

I painted him in the colors of a traditional phoenix, and he sits on a rock of lava-fissured obsidian. He has metallic gold eyes from Tohickon Glass. I named him simply, “Fire”.

Prezaurian
                              Participant

Beautifully smooth color transition on the phoenix! And the gold eyes are a nice touch.

Amstaff
                                Participant

WOW! That Fire phoenix is absolutely stunning, I love him. Awesome work !

Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 620 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.