fbpx

Hannah's PYOs

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 620 total)
  • Author
    Hannah
    Participant

Thanks MG πŸ™‚

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
      Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Apari
      Participant

Awesome keeper Hannah! I just saw this one, I’m so behind on the forum.
        I love how natural it looks. Good work! πŸ™‚

Hannah
        Participant

Thanks Sagi πŸ˜€ I’m anxious to see what you come up with next – and to see your swap piece! Woo!

Hannah
          Participant

This little guy is a commission from the person who got the original Lifebloom and wanted a small dragon in the same scheme. It was a lot harder than I thought it was going to be to take a scheme from one sculpt and to apply it to another! I think he came out pretty well πŸ™‚

He has special ordered eyes from Tohickon called Stippled Yellow – they are the same eyes as the original Lifebloom but smaller πŸ™‚ He also has an AB (Aurora Borealis) Crystal by Swarovski in his forehead.

And I’ve included a couple indoor pictures because unfortunately since he’s got offwhite horns and my house is light grey, they blended together in a couple pictures XD

drag0nfeathers
            Participant

BEAUTIFUL! I love the decorative accents in the tail and the small blushed area on the belly!

Got a busted Windstone?
              drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
              *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
              Arc-en-ciel Emperor
              Siphlophis Male Dragon
              Calypso Hatching Empress
              Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
              Tattoo Mother Kirin
              Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
              Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
              Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
              Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
              Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
              Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

machineguts
              Participant

What drag0n said! Those blush colors are gorgeous, and I love how you accented his scales. Beautiful work! πŸ™‚

Hannah
                Participant

Thanks guys! ^^

Oh I love him! You did an amazing job matching him to his parent! Lifebloom is one of my favorites of yours! πŸ™‚

raincry
                  Participant

Love the color scheme it is really beautiful. I feel like the colors are very soothing and I don’t think I could have ever thought of using the blue in conjuction with the green like you did. It is very unique.

Hannah
                    Participant

Thanks guys!

Griffin – I was actually really nervous because I don’t have the original to match the colors to, and since I mix all my colors from primaries I had to use photos to match the colors! I think he will be just a tad off from the original scheme, but I think he will match pretty well in any case πŸ˜€

raincry – Thanks for the compliment! The blue was actually an experiment brought on by Riverspine being repainted! He was originally going to be a blue dragon but as I started painting it I decided (with ghostndragon’s permission) to try green instead. I started repainting him and ended up letting him sit overnight with some green and some blue on him. The blue, which was showing through right by his dorsal scales, kept catching my eye, and so I thought I would incorporate that color into the scheme. It worked out great and I’m really glad I did it πŸ˜€

Hannah
                      Participant

Here are the two that I am currently working on. I’m doing them mostly at the same time – which means that I’ll paint on one for a while, then switch off to the other one while the first one dries XD

They are a commission from someone who liked the look of my first (and so far only) Griffin – Desert Twilight. Desert Twilight is OOAK, but that doesn’t mean I can’t use that color scheme on a different sculpt! She liked the idea of having a dragon in the exact color scheme as Desert Twilight, so that’s why there’s one on the right that’s a complete gradient. I’m currently trying to work on ways to bring out his details without ruining the gradient! She also liked the idea of using the same colors to create a scheme that works well on a dragon in my style, so that’s why there’s two XD

As I was working on the one on the left I began to realize that he looks kind of like an Amethyst. I’d just like to say that this is unintentional!! These images were taken indoors with incandescent light so the colors are slightly off from how they look on the final piece, but the colors (in my opinion) are much different from the Amethyst. I was worried for a minute that it was too close, but once I got a couple of coats of color on I realized it would be much different πŸ™‚

I really love the way these colors go together, and I am thinking of painting more small dragons in slightly different patterns with the same color palette, which is why their name may not be “Desert Twins” in final form XD

Rachel
                        Participant

Wow! I really like the one on the left, in particular. I don’t think the scheme looks at all like amethyst.

dragonmedley
                          Participant

I’m really diggin’ the one on the left.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                            http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                            I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                            http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Hannah
                            Participant

Thanks guys! πŸ˜€

I think it’s probably just that I worry too much about accidentally getting a color scheme too close to a production color scheme, so when I realize that something is in the same vein as a production color scheme, I worry even more XD

machineguts
                              Participant

Very nice Hannah, they are both gorgeous! I agree, the one on the left is particularly handsome! πŸ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 620 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.