fbpx

Hannah's PYOs

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 620 total)
  • Author
    Hannah
    Participant

Thanks MG πŸ˜€ I agree, I’m particularly fond of the one on the left πŸ™‚

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
      Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Hannah
      Participant

I painted this guy for my boyfriend a few weeks ago (it was before I painted Riverspine, and as shown in my picture below, the two of them were roommates for a bit before they both got sent out!). When I told him that I was going to paint a Keeper for him I promised him that he could name it.

So this color scheme (which I decided to make OOAK so it’s a little more special) is called “Bruce”.

Yeah, that’s right. Bruce.

He’s definitely the most “classic” dragon I think I’ve ever done. When I think of a classic dragon, I think of Bruce. I had a lot of trouble wrapping my brain around what my boyfriend would like because he liked so many different aspects from so many of my dragons that I couldn’t get a solid “What did you like BEST?” out of him. So I started with his favorite color – sage green – and went from there. He has a teardrop tigereye in his upraised paw.

Bruce and Riverspine chillin’
        (ooh you can kinda see Little Lifebloom in the back too XD)

Adaneth
        Participant

Wow, I really love the shade of green you used with Bruce. He’s gorgeous. Hope your boyfriend loves him! πŸ™‚

Rachel
          Participant

Bruce is gorgeous! He looks like a more laid back version of Riverspine in some ways. Very….Bruce. (so, Bruce is spruce colored. For some reason, that amuses me)

machineguts
            Participant

I too love the shade of green you used for Bruce, and what gorgeous eyes he has! Another awesome piece Hannah, I’m sure your boyfriend will love him! πŸ™‚

Hannah
              Participant

Thanks everyone!

Adaneth – he does! πŸ˜€ I wasn’t “allowed” to show Bruce off until my boyfriend saw him, and since he lives out of state I was squirming for a couple of weeks, wanting to post pictures on here XD

ghostndragon – did Riverspine arrive yet? If you haven’t yet gotten him it should be there today or tomorrow! And it’s funny that you mention the spruce thing, my boyfriend actually named Bruce without seeing him, and then told me that if I was embarrassed by the name Bruce that I could call him Spruce if I wanted! XD No way! Bruce is a great name πŸ™‚

MG – those are actually my favorite eyes I’ve used so far! They’re the same ones I used in both Lifebloom dragons. It’s called Stippled Pale Yellow, and I got them from Tohickon Glass Eyes – who I highly recommend! They have excellent quality glass eyes πŸ™‚

dragonmedley
                Participant

I really like Bruce – he’s one of my favorite of yours.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                  http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                  I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                  http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

PurpleTurtle
                  Participant

Wow. I don’t know which ones I like more. They are all so beautiful. I do like Bruce a lot, though :).

Syn
                    Participant

I am partial to dark heads/faces on pieces, so I like the one on the left best. I love those colors, and they look nothing like the coloring on my Amethyst pieces.

Hannah
                      Participant

Thanks very much everyone πŸ˜€

Syn – thank you! I’m pretty sure I was just overly worried that a scheme that uses the same types of colors would be too close to a production scheme! Thanks for the verification πŸ™‚

Rachel
                        Participant

I did get Riverspine! He came while I was out of town and I JUST opened the box last night when I got home about midnight (or I would have emailed you). I had to stare at him for a while. He is simply gorgeous. Far prettier, even, than the pictures. I LOVE HIM!!

Hannah
                          Participant

I’ve had this idea in my head for a while and finally found the time to try it out. I’m pretty pleased with the results, though I may make the design a little bigger next time!

This is Mandala Unicorn #1, and I painted her in the colors of a Siamese cat. I’m not sure if there is any breed of horse out there that would have this coloring but I wanted a simple color scheme in order to compliment the design on the uni’s rump!

She has metallic medium blue eyes and several topaz and light topaz colored swarovski crystals in her mane and tail, and of course has been adorned with a mandala pattern on her back. She has a matte finish but her mane, tail and hooves have been glossed.

She has been sold but I will very likely be painting more Mandala Unicorns with different color schemes in the future πŸ™‚

machineguts
                            Participant

Gorgeous Hannah!! WOW! :O

bayoudragon
                              Participant

I LOVE THIS!!! :love:

Hannah
                                Participant

Thanks very much! πŸ˜€

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 620 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.