fbpx

GrumbleRant

Home Forums Miscellany Community GrumbleRant

Viewing 3 posts - 46 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Author

Jennifer wrote:

I have a few pairs of decent ‘girly’ jeans/pants, but unless I need to look ‘nice’ I buy dude’s jeans. They are usually about half the cost, they hold up a lot longer, I don’t have to worry about them being so form-fitting (I hate the idea of showcasing one’s rump) and they are comfy. Plus I cannot find women’s pants that are LONG enough!! I am just about 6′ tall and nearly every woman’s pants I’ve tried on makes it look like I am going clam digging. Men’s jeans don’t have that problem…. ๐Ÿ™‚

Funny you mention that Nam. I have a long torso and a low slung … ya know. So womens jeans really ‘cleaved’ me on the backside. I HATED that feeling! It was a constant battle keeping things where they are intended to be.

Unless of course I went for a larger size and then you had the droopy drawers look. I’m small all the way around so wearing baggy jeans just makes me look even smaller, (read: anorexic.)

I had a friend turn me on to the tiny but lovely fact that mens jeans aren’t cut in the rump like that at all. Yes, they sit a little lower in the waist, but they’re by no means ‘show your string’, hip-huggers. And since mens jeans do not taper in at the waist, it gives you some extra room when you’re sitting somewhere eating a meal. That lower waist is by far way more comfortable than the higher, smaller waist that womens jeans seem to have.

Let me tell ya, once I tried on a pair of mens jeans, I never again looked at a pair of womens jeans. I even went so far as to get rid of all my womens jeans happy with the knowledge that I’d never be cleaved again!

Yay for freedom of not constanly battling the cotton invasion in places where they shouldn’t try and take up residence, unless of course you wear the type that is meant to take up such residence.

~Hoofer

Kasie
    Participant

Torrid has nice stuff. Stuff that you can wear and not look like a granny in. I shop mostly at Fashion Bug. I love their boot cut L.a. Blues pants. Those are the only pants that I wear. I am a 18-20 and 5’1/2″ and they fit good.

Purplecat
      Participant

Hoofer wrote:

Jennifer wrote:

I have a few pairs of decent ‘girly’ jeans/pants, but unless I need to look ‘nice’ I buy dude’s jeans. They are usually about half the cost, they hold up a lot longer, I don’t have to worry about them being so form-fitting (I hate the idea of showcasing one’s rump) and they are comfy. Plus I cannot find women’s pants that are LONG enough!! I am just about 6′ tall and nearly every woman’s pants I’ve tried on makes it look like I am going clam digging. Men’s jeans don’t have that problem…. ๐Ÿ™‚

Funny you mention that Nam. I have a long torso and a low slung … ya know. So womens jeans really ‘cleaved’ me on the backside. I HATED that feeling! It was a constant battle keeping things where they are intended to be.

Unless of course I went for a larger size and then you had the droopy drawers look. I’m small all the way around so wearing baggy jeans just makes me look even smaller, (read: anorexic.)

I had a friend turn me on to the tiny but lovely fact that mens jeans aren’t cut in the rump like that at all. Yes, they sit a little lower in the waist, but they’re by no means ‘show your string’, hip-huggers. And since mens jeans do not taper in at the waist, it gives you some extra room when you’re sitting somewhere eating a meal. That lower waist is by far way more comfortable than the higher, smaller waist that womens jeans seem to have.

Let me tell ya, once I tried on a pair of mens jeans, I never again looked at a pair of womens jeans. I even went so far as to get rid of all my womens jeans happy with the knowledge that I’d never be cleaved again!

Yay for freedom of not constanly battling the cotton invasion in places where they shouldn’t try and take up residence, unless of course you wear the type that is meant to take up such residence.

~Hoofer

That is so well said!!!! (applause!!!) ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

Viewing 3 posts - 46 through 48 (of 48 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.