fbpx

GrumbleRant

Home Forums Miscellany Community GrumbleRant

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 48 total)
  • Author

The truly sad thing is if you ever watch America’s Next Top Model (and yes, I do watch it – even though I am totally fashion unconscious and I’m usually munching on nachos or chocolate while I’m watching it) and they have a “plus sized” model the woman is a size 10 or 12! 😯 I think one of them was an 8. They usually get so put down by the designers when they go for the go sees that they sort of give up and get kicked off. And these are gorgeous women with great figures.

I really think the designers need to take a look at what your average woman looks like. At my most fit I was a 12 (I actually got down to a 10 after months of living on cream of wheat due to a gall bladder problem) and there is no way I am ever going to be a 4 or a 6. Not unless there is a world wide chocolate and nacho shortage! πŸ˜‰

Lupin
    Participant

6ft tall healthy Amazon here. Even before Khym I was somewhere upwards of a 38 DDD, 42″ waist, and 200lbs. Now I have no clue other than over 225lbs.

-“Tall Girl” store carries clothes for Twigs
      -“Plus size” store carries for women under 5’7″

I shop at Men’s Big & Tall stores, no Idea what my dress size is.

Maria
      Participant

Ugh, clothes shopping. I knw what you mean, foxfeather, just in a different direction. With me, it’s not the size that’s the problem, but finding clothes that are practical. Not shirts that ends above your belly button, pants that end below your butt crack or way above the hips…
        Or clothes that fit an occasion. In two weeks I’m going to Portugal for the weekend on a pseudo-business trip and I don’t have a clue what to wear. πŸ™„
        So, good luck to you, fox!

DragonMistress wrote:

That’s the worst! I’m 5 feet tall and weigh 179 pounds, I’m very curvy, but have a short torso and short legs. Why do woman’s clothes either look like super old lady ish, or tents? Old navy has some great stuff, but dresses usually have spagetti straps! larger women need to wear bras!! why not make wider straps? you’d think they would figure this out!

I feel your pain. (Both Foxfeather and DragonMistress) I’m short, very busty, and chubby. I’m working on two but, there’s nothing to be done about the third one. I have to buy bras online….. Nothing fits in stores, I hate hearing people complain that their bra cost $35. I’m lucky if I can find one on sale for $100!

Do you have an A&E near you? Laura Plus was really nice but, very expensive. Kind of in the range of the high end Bay fashions. I’d offer you my lacy (georgous) off white dress, but, it has a stain from the last person who borrowed it.

Jodi
        Participant

Fashion Bug has nice plus size clothes.

Maebnus
          Participant

I’m sorry you’re having a rough time, foxfeather. I hope you find something!

I don’t think shopping for any size is pleasant. I’ve had very few friends, of varying sizes, that could just pick something off the rack and have it work. And most of those really shouldn’t have… (I don’t care what size you think you are, if you’re popping out of places you shouldn’t be, that’s not your size). Even Plus-Size stores frustrate me. I want to scream at them that the need for a plus-sized shirt doesn’t mean I have gi-normous breasts (my ribcage is huge). And why can’t I be the same size everywhere? At Torrid I’ve had to buy a 3x t-shirt, yet a size 14 pant… when normally elsewhere I was an XL shirt & 18 pant (a 3x shirt made me feel much worse than a 14 pant made me feel good). NO sense there. And now I’m in a country that, if I want my size, even after losing a lot of weight before getting here, I can only shop AAFES or online (IF they’ll ship to APO). What a crap choice that is.

I want to live in a world where hospital scrubs and military BDUs (NOT ABUs & definitely not those ugly digital ACUs) are accepted everywhere. They’re super comfy, they make me look good, and I don’t have any problem finding the size that fits. I knew I should’ve gone to Pharmacy School when I first thought about it a few years back….

Lupin
            Participant

Greater Basilisk wrote:

Ugh, clothes shopping. I knw what you mean, foxfeather, just in a different direction. With me, it’s not the size that’s the problem, but finding clothes that are practical. Not shirts that ends above your belly button, pants that end below your butt crack or way above the hips…
              Or clothes that fit an occasion. In two weeks I’m going to Portugal for the weekend on a pseudo-business trip and I don’t have a clue what to wear. πŸ™„
              So, good luck to you, fox!

Why cant Girls have pants that have real pockets and not just Buttons and “openings” sowed on???

I gave up trying to find a bra with the right Cup size. Um yeah it does get painful. I also can’t find a good Bathing suit, or Sport’s top anymore, and my last ones are nearing a decade and more or less threadbare. Some to the point of unwearability.

purpledragonclaw
              Participant

Uh, foxfeather, I think every woman here feels your pain! πŸ˜› There was a point where I was so frustrated with department store selections that I started shopping in the boy’s sections!!! AND I FOUND WHAT I WANTED!!!! Persistence is the key to success if you want to undercut the fashion trend and be comfortable. Torrid was an excellent suggestion. I hope you find the clothes you need!

Stephanie
                Participant

purpledragonclaw wrote:

Uh, foxfeather, I think every woman here feels your pain! πŸ˜› There was a point where I was so frustrated with department store selections that I started shopping in the boy’s sections!!! AND I FOUND WHAT I WANTED!!!! Persistence is the key to success if you want to undercut the fashion trend and be comfortable. Torrid was an excellent suggestion. I hope you find the clothes you need!

I almost always get my jeans in the men’s dept. They fit, and they last so much longer!

purpledragonclaw
                  Participant

You know what else to get in Men’s? SHOES!!!!! My mother has a pair of Ecco’s that are men’s and they’ve lasted for over four years!!!

Greater Basilisk wrote:

Same with me! I can’t stand short shorts and low pants etc. and finding shirts that arent to shortand pants that arent to low has become difficult around here! I just wear black T-shirts with the name of my favorite bands on them and stuff πŸ˜† .

Purplecat
                    Participant

Gah! I know this one….I dont have enough boobs for most of the shirts and dresses out there…I get really tight fitting around my behind, and saggy cloth in the boob area…grrrrr. I am NOT barbie….why do all the clothes seem to be sewn for her? πŸ™„

Oh, I have no problem filling the bust, I overfill the butt as well. That’s the problem. πŸ˜†

My friend had the same problem she had an average size bust (still does) she has a horrible time finding a dress that fits in the bust.

I’m dying over here with the forum names!!! Snappy’s slave huh? someones gonna get their butt kicked for that one!!! ROTFLMAO!

oh, and I’m with all of you on the stupid jeans…old navy’s are pretty good though

Purplecat
                      Participant

Lol…I actually buy men’s carpenter style pants..they fit better than anything in the women’s section…:lol:

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 48 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.