eBay

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 71 total)
  • Author
    Courtney
    Participant

PayPal is nearly instant. It’s a shame they are pulling away from that. 😔

The man in black fled across the desert and the gunslinger followed.

LZ
      Participant

I also had something sell on eBay on Sunday and got the payment immediately as usual through Paypal. None of these shenanigans.

Looking for...

Sitting young oriental dragon koi gold and white

Susie
        Keymaster

Hi! This is Susie here. I handle the paper work aspect of Windstone’s eBay sales. Maybe what I know will be helpful to you. Ebay is planning to switch all sellers over to the “Ebay Managed Payments” but probably haven’t processed every seller yet – which would explain why you may currently buy from one seller with the old paypal method and some with the new method (which is supposed to accepts lots of different credit cards). We’ve been on the new Managed Payments system since October. Its not too bad from the sellers point of view if you do not need the money instantly – they seem to pay us within two days of the sale pretty regularly (things sold during Thanksgiving weekend took longer) – transferring the money into our account – and giving us an account of what each transfer is for, listing our items sold. I think there may have been a warning that the first transfer of a Payout might take longer (and some banks might take longer to process it and show it in your account as well).

I do NOT like it from a buyer’s point of view because we do buy some supplies and tools and things from ebay using paypal and the paypal receipts tell me NOTHING except the dollar amount spent and that it went to ebay. This is because when you buy something through ebay, the money goes to ebay first, and then ebay sends the seller their portion. I don’t know what its like to use a credit card to buy an ebay item – but I imagine that your credit card bill just says “ebay” which would be just as annoying for those of us who have to reconcile these statements!

Ela_Hara
          Participant

OK – this is really interesting.
            My PayPal account is only linked to a Credit Card for payment and any funds I receive via directly sent by people, sent via my PayPal.me link OR if via an eBay buyer would go into my PayPal balance/account. I do not have a Bank account linked to my PayPal. How will this work with my PayPal account? Does anyone know?

I haven’t sold anything recently (since early 2020 before COVID) but I do have one item I put up at the end of September as a 30-day BIN/Best Offer auction. It hasn’t’ sold yet, just keeps renewing at the end of the month.

Any insights or suggestions?

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
            Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
            Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
            *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

LZ
            Participant

Seems like they will no longer transfer payments to Paypal?? Which makes Paypal useless for sellers?

nopaypal

Looking for...

LZ
              Participant

“not at this time” will they send money to sellers’ Paypal… if ever. Such wishy washy language

nopaypal2

Looking for...

Mika
                Participant

If that is the case that Paypal will be phased out and everyone will be forced to go through ebay’s payment system, I’m going to stop using the site for anything. I’m not giving ebay my bank or credit card information. The one thing I like about Paypal is it doesn’t show that info to the site I’m buying stuff from, so if I can’t go through Paypal that’s it for me!

Ann Marie
                  Participant

If that is the case that Paypal will be phased out and everyone will be forced to go through ebay’s payment system, I’m going to stop using the site for anything. I’m not giving ebay my bank or credit card information. The one thing I like about Paypal is it doesn’t show that info to the site I’m buying stuff from, so if I can’t go through Paypal that’s it for me!

I hope they back off from that. What a terrible idea. I’m only a buyer so far, and PayPal just works for me. No hassles.

Magentas-Cat

fatalbeauty
                    Participant

I haven’t sold on Ebay since 2016-17 or so…but this sounds not good at all for sellers, just too many steps and unanswered questions….

4 things I'm looking for:
                      1. Mother Meerkat
                      2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
                      3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
                      4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Ela_Hara
                      Participant

Oh H*LL NO!
                        I don’t do ANY online banking and the ONLY institution that has my bank information is my Employer to direct deposit payments for my Salary! I guess I won’t be selling on eBay any longer. Has anyone tried Poshmark? My item is a designer fashion purse I received and have never used – still has tags etc.
                        Mine is probably one of those seller accounts that eBay hasn’t switched over yet, because I noticed that some list ‘G Pay’ as a payment option and my auction doesn’t. I’m going to take my auction down tomorrow before anyone tried to buy it – just in case. I’d hate for it to be sold then eBay hold onto my funds forcing me to add bank information after the fact.

LZ
                        Participant

They will still accept Paypal as payments from buyers. It’s the sellers who have to give over their bank info to eBay. I really don’t like that. I didn’t set up an Etsy shop because they wanted my bank info.

Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace are alternatives, but they usually limit to 100 miles of your location.

Looking for...

LZ
                          Participant

Poshmark policy, similar to Paypal.

poshmark

Looking for...

Mika
                            Participant

As a seller that’s still one too many companies with their hands on my money (and bank account info) before it ends up in my account.

I’m still on the Paypal system so I guess I’ll ride it out until they try to force me to change.

pipsxlch
                              Participant

Hmm- I have a few things up on eBay recently trying to raise some money. There’s been very little interest, but a few things sold. They processed quickly through PayPal the way they always have. Maybe since I normally just buy, not sell, I haven’t drawn their attention yet? Though I better pull the auctions on the handful of things that keep renewing. I’m selling because I’m broke and need the money duh, how can I ship if I don’t have access to the money… (same problem I had back when PayPal was being a butthole about releasing funds)

They did force me to use that terrible Global Shipping for an item that went overseas. I’d been able to get around it and ship direct internationally before this.

Not sure where to market now. Craigslist is just local, I do NOT do Facebook anything, nor anything that requires a smartphone and apps. I don’t have clothing or accessories, isn’t that all Poshmark is?

Ela_Hara
                                Participant

Sounds like Poshmark isn’t for me either – they take 20% of the final selling cost for their cut! That’s why I don’t sell with consignment stores – they want a high percentage of what YOUR item sells for. Would you believe the one near me wants 70% of the final sell cost of MY ITEM?

I don’t do Craigslist – in the Baltimore area several sellers have been robbed by shell ‘buyers’ at the meets and I’m not crazy about people coming to my house or knowing my real name, phone number, etc. That can be just as bad as eBay getting my bank routing information. I guess I’ll just end up going back to participating in community yard sales to sell stuff. It’s just that people nickel and dime you to death at yard sales. A lot of times I’d rather give my better items away to someone I feel will appreciate them or give them to Goodwill/Salvation Army/etc.

I did put my Patricia Nash Tote on Windstone’s ‘Flea Market’ Forum category. If anyone is interested in a wonderful Italian Leather tote that has never been used and still has the original tags please see my topic thread (https://windstoneeditions.com/forums/topic/holiday-sale-patricia-nash-tote/). I’m selling for less than half the original cost or BO. Since I’m retiring next year I don’t need it. I’ll maybe put it on Facebook too, however I only belong to Windstone related groups and I’m not sure I can post a non-Windstone item within those groups.

Looks like eBay is going to S**K in the future for small-time sellers like me. Maybe I’ll also check out how selling on the Amazon works, although I don’t expect much. Yard selling may be my best option in the future for my non-Windstone stuff.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 71 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.