eBay

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 71 total)
  • Author
    Ann Marie
    Participant

Wow, that’s crazy! I mean, they own Paypal; isn’t that enough control? It sounds like another excuse to raise fees.

I have bought an item off Mercari (a Breyer horse, not a Windstone) and found it was easy and the transaction wnt fine, though Mercari sends me WAY too many emails. Maybe I’ll start shopping there more.

No Facebook for me, though – I’m not willing to hand over that much personal information to a company that’s had multiple large-scale privacy breaches and basically done nothing about it, even if the info doesn’t include my checking account number!

I agree about Facebook. No way I’m joining that, even to find Windstone items I want.

Magentas-Cat

fatalbeauty
      Participant

I dunno why people don’t want to use Facebook, you don’t have to hand over any information you don’t want to….I am not Videl Hunter as my Facebook name states and you only enter in what you want to…..you don’t have to give them any info….and when you sell on Facebook, you can still go through Paypal last I did it, it’s been a few months but I don’t think it’s changed, if it has, I wasn’t aware…..

4 things I'm looking for:
        1. Mother Meerkat
        2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
        3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
        4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

etruscan
        Participant

I haven’t done any transactions through Facebook. Even working within the Windstone groups I’m leery about establishing contact with some of the people.

I did consider offering to sell a Windstone to someone who was looking for that item. However, when I checked her main Facebook page I saw that she is politically active, and NOT with the same opinions that I have, so I didn’t send her a message. It just seemed like asking for trouble.

LZ
          Participant

I dunno why people don’t want to use Facebook, you don’t have to hand over any information you don’t want to….I am not Videl Hunter as my Facebook name states and you only enter in what you want to…..you don’t have to give them any info….and when you sell on Facebook, you can still go through Paypal last I did it, it’s been a few months but I don’t think it’s changed, if it has, I wasn’t aware…..

I agree regarding what info is given to Facebook. Lots of people don’t input their real info and still use the site successfully.

Facebook buy/sell/trade groups are no different from using the Windstone forums to buy, sell and trade. Same level of info and trust in each other.

Facebook tried their own e-payments system a while back, like Paypal, Venmo or other -pay sites. I never joined it, so I don’t know if it is still active, but if someone won’t take Paypal, then I just don’t go through with the transaction.

Looking for...

Sitting young oriental dragon koi gold and white

drag0nfeathers
            Participant

I’ve had good luck so far thru Facebook with both buying and selling Windstones. I use all my real info, no alias, but I only use Facebook for communications. They don’t have any of my financials. I still only take and make payments thru paypal or cash for local pick up. So far I haven’t had any problems. Not at least any more than what I have had on the forum once in a great while. *shrug* Maybe I’ve just been lucky… Windstone folks for the most part I find are all very honest and hardworking people that appreciate one another as much as the dragons and unicorns we collect.
              That being said, I do troll a person’s Facebook page 1st before agreeing to a transaction usually if it’s someone I’m not familiar with just to see if I get a bad feeling. Bad apples lurk everywhere on the internet so it’s always better to be safe. I don’t care about political views and opinions, I mean… everyone has their own reasons for everything but you can get the vibe of an unsavory person just by looking at recent Facebook history on whether or not they are a decent and honest person or not. One particular person I dealt with recently was more than what I bargained for on the level of drama and irritation, but they’re technically on the forum too so… meh, I guess you just never know. I just trust my gut 95% of the time. Every transaction is a risk whether it’s thru Facebook, ebay, or the forum really… no matter where you do your business just use a payment method that keeps you covered.

Got a busted Windstone?
              drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
              *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
              Arc-en-ciel Emperor
              Siphlophis Male Dragon
              Calypso Hatching Empress
              Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
              Tattoo Mother Kirin
              Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
              Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
              Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
              Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
              Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
              Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Melody
              Keymaster

I wonder if Melody has had any issues. She sells on there daily.

I sure hope it doesn’t hurt Windstone Editions in any way.

Susie is the one who has to deal with our ebay sales!
                But I did buy something on ebay recently, and I couldn’t figure out how to pay for it! I was searching all over the page for a Paypal button.

Nightcrow
                Participant

As a non-Facebook user… If you really want to know why some people won’t use FB, this cheat sheet on Facebook’s decade-long record of data privacy breaches is a good place to start.

This article on Facebook’s use of user contacts to collate additional information on users and even nonusers is a good overview of the kind of data-mining and data collection Facebook does without user agreement, too. If you don’t have an account, they won’t even allow you to see the information they have, much less remove it.

Facebook officials are pretty clear that they don’t believe users have or deserve privacy on social media.

Additionally, Facebook tracks users not just on their site, but across thousands of unrelated Internet sites. Facebook users don’t have a choice about whether to share their browsing history with the company (short of logging out of FB every time before they want to visit any other site).

The “short version”: users don’t control their data on Facebook, and FB’s entire business model is built on selling personal data to anyone and everyone willing to pay for it. (Think about it: why is it free to sign up? Because the money doesn’t come from users, it comes from advertisers. You’re not the customer, you’re the product.) They don’t respect it, and they don’t even believe in it. This isn’t a company I trust with my personal information, and the only way to keep (some of!) it from them is not to use the site.

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

LZ
                  Participant

Most websites track where you go on the internet. That’s what cookies are. That’s how you see ads on sites that marginally interest you. You cannot get away from tracking, unless you don’t use the internet at all. It’s not just Facebook doing this. I laugh at my coworker who only pays everything in cash because he doesn’t want the government tracking his use of money, and then uses Tinder to find one night stands. If you use the internet, if you use a smart phone, if you use a computer, you are tracked and your data is being sold.

Looking for...

Courtney
                    Participant

I know this is going to sound silly but that kind of stuff doesn’t much bother me. Maybe it should but I haven’t had it noticeably negatively effect me.

I’ve found some neat things with tracking that has given me ads.

I have a self cleaning litter box that I absolutely adore and the first couple times I saw it was a Facebook ad.

Also almost all of my Facebook info is wrong. It’s all based in Harry Potter universe and/or dungeons and dragons. 😂

The man in black fled across the desert and the gunslinger followed.

LZ
                      Participant

I wonder if Melody has had any issues. She sells on there daily.

I sure hope it doesn’t hurt Windstone Editions in any way.

Susie is the one who has to deal with our ebay sales!
                        But I did buy something on ebay recently, and I couldn’t figure out how to pay for it! I was searching all over the page for a Paypal button.

I thought eBay was still going to allow buyers to pay with Paypal.

Looking for...

Nightcrow
                        Participant

I use anti-tracking and anti-ad software, and my browser is set to delete cookies when closed. It can occasionally be a pain (my bank always thinks I’m using a new computer when I log in, and I have to double-verify) but mostly I’m just used to it now. One of the biggest problems with FB for me is that they don’t seem to care at all about their own data security – they’ve had multiple breaches, and they’re also very dishonest about how much data they collect, what they’re doing with it, and whether you control it.

And yes, cell phones both track you and listen to you; I don’t keep mine on my person at all times, at least, but sometimes I wonder what some poor data-sorter at Google thinks about my ridiculous conversations with my cats. 🙂 I also don’t use the Internet on my phone! Just my laptop, where I can apply some protective measures and not link anything to my wallet ID. (Which is why so many places aggressively push their apps: in an app, you have zero control over data settings. It’s also why so many places want your phone number: it’s a unique identifier, unlike an email address.)

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

Bodine
                          Participant

I have a question.With all of the delays in shipping,lost etc….I ordered a sweatshirt on the 9th,tracking says in NJ last scanned 12th.,hasn’t moved.If 30days pass and no update,will eBay seller have to honor the refund/return policies?Will PayPal honor these transactions?Thanks for inputs.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                            (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                            Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

LZ
                            Participant

I have a question.With all of the delays in shipping,lost etc….I ordered a sweatshirt on the 9th,tracking says in NJ last scanned 12th.,hasn’t moved.If 30days pass and no update,will eBay seller have to honor the refund/return policies?Will PayPal honor these transactions?Thanks for inputs.

If you have the tracking number, you can open a case with the post office to make them look for it. I did that for one I had sitting in the same spot for 11 days. They moved it right after I opened the case. It’s something you can try before the 30 days is up with eBay.

Looking for...

drag0nfeathers
                              Participant

Join the club. I bought a Windstone off Facebook (from a very well known friend, so I’m not worried about who it’s coming from or how it’s packed) but same thing. Got shipped Dec 9th and has been sitting in DesMoines for like 17 days now with no movement whatsoever. 3 day Priority… what a joke.

Got a busted Windstone?
                                drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                                *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                                Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                                Siphlophis Male Dragon
                                Calypso Hatching Empress
                                Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                                Tattoo Mother Kirin
                                Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                                Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                                Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                                Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                                Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                                Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

fatalbeauty
                                Participant

I’m in the same club, bought an item November 13th, seller shipped out at least some of the items he sold on the 16th since a small few of his customers have gotten their item and then went MIA….I don’t even have a tracking number to look at since he seems to have vanished after that…..he had steller feedback before that, answered all questions and such but now, poof!

4 things I'm looking for:
                                  1. Mother Meerkat
                                  2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
                                  3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
                                  4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 71 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.