fbpx

eBay

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 71 total)
  • Author
    Courtney
    Participant

I don’t know if anyone here has personally sold through eBay since they have stopped using PayPal and started doing their own thing but it’s terrible.

I just sold one of my hippo’s on Sunday and the buyer promptly paid for it.

I still don’t have the money. I can’t get ahold of any real person with eBay.

The numbers aren’t working and they don’t have any live help right now.

I’m shipping my hippo today. I sure hope I get the money soon because this is awful.

This is the last time I sell anything on eBay if this is how it’s going to be. I’m so incredibly frustrated.

The man in black fled across the desert and the gunslinger followed.

Setsunawolf
      Participant

That sucks.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
        Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
        Sun Dragon Koi #3

Mika
        Participant

Was it sent by e-check through Paypal or whatever their system is? That can take up to a week to show up through Paypal. Not sure about their new system as I have never used it but maybe that’s the case.

I’ll be honest ebay is not a good site if you’re looking to sell something, for many reasons.

Courtney
          Participant

PayPal shows up instantly unless it’s from a buyer who is unverified. I’ve always gotten my payments within minutes of the “item has been paid” notification.

eBay now processes their own stuff. No PayPal option that I can find as a seller.

They take out their selling fee and process the rest into your bank account instead of charging you the selling fee monthly.

Idk what’s going on with it. Their complete lack of resources for it all is super unprofessional. I’m over them. I just can’t believe they would change such an awesome system they had to this.

Courtney
            Participant

PayPal shows up instantly unless it’s from a buyer who is unverified. I’ve always gotten my payments within minutes of the “item has been paid” notification.

eBay now processes their own stuff. No PayPal option that I can find as a seller.

They take out their selling fee and process the rest into your bank account instead of charging you the selling fee monthly.

Idk what’s going on with it. Their complete lack of resources for it all is super unprofessional. I’m over them. I just can’t believe they would change such an awesome system they had to this.

Mika
              Participant

It’s strange that they don’t allow for Paypal payment as I can still pay through that method, and only had one or two issues where I couldn’t pay with it.

If it is a bank transfer it very well may take a number of days to process. Still a very bad situation and I don’t blame you for quitting them. I’d leave ebay too if they made their payment method the only option.

etruscan
                Participant

Speaking as a buyer, ebay payments seem to be a mix right now. Some payments are through the new system (which I do not like) and some use the old Paypal link. I have made four purchases in the last week (11/24, 11/27, 11/30 and 12/01) and all used Paypal directly rather than the new ebay system.

When ebay introduced the new payment arrangement they had a link for comments at the top of the Checkout page. I am hopeful that they got lots of negative responses and will go back to just using Paypal as they did in the past.

etruscan
                  Participant

For those who don’t know – ebay’s new payment arrangement meant that they were acting as an intermediary with Paypal.

Old system – make a payment via Paypal and get a message saying “You sent a payment of [whatever the amount was] We’ve asked the seller to ship.” The message also identified the item that you bought and included a link to it.

New system – still make a payment via Paypal but get this message, “You authorized a transaction to eBay. Money won’t leave your account until eBay processes your order.” Ebay is identified as the merchant and it shows the transaction price but there is nothing showing what you bought. Not an improvement!!

Courtney
                    Participant

All of this info is amazing. I know it’s cheesy but I love you guys.

I feel much less stressed knowing that all you smart and caring folks are on the same team as I am 😁

When I listed my hippo I was (at least on my account) only given the option to get paid through this new method.

I think it’s so eBay can be guaranteed their selling fee.

My account is immaculate, never missed a payment, never sold or purchased with issues. I’m disappointed that I don’t seem to have the option as a seller to choose eBay or not for how I receive payments. Especially since I have had a perfect record since 2007.

I wonder if they’ll keep this “néw” method. People do not seem to like it 😅

Courtney
                      Participant

I wonder if Melody has had any issues. She sells on there daily.

I sure hope it doesn’t hurt Windstone Editions in any way.

Courtney
                        Participant

Mystery solved. This is non-sense.

I just shipped him today (auction ended late Sunday and work was busy monday). Buyer paid like 30 min after auction ended.

Man o man.

View post on imgur.com

Mika
                          Participant

Looks like they might be withholding funds until the system confirms that the item is shipped out. I remember when they pulled a similar stunt years ago but it was more on Paypal’s side… withhold funds for 2-3 weeks unless you print out a shipping label using their system (in which case the hold is a few days), and only give you your money when the item gets delivered.

(this was like 8 years ago so some details might be mixed up, but that is the jist of it)

Courtney
                            Participant

Oh dang I have never heard of that. That’s crazy long.

I can understand if you are a new account or bad standing account but it’s kinda much for good veteran accounts.

Crazy sauce.

Courtney
                              Participant

If I’m a bad guy how hard would it be to just pay for a label to print and use that as the shipping and tracking info with zero actual item.

Bad guys gonna bad guy.

Setsunawolf
                                Participant

If they used ACH, you might see a delay in Payment this long depending on when they transmit. There is always a 24-48hr delay because it has to leave one bank, transmit through the FED, be received by your bank, and then processed into your account. Many banks process ACH once a day, so if you miss the processing time it could be another day. The FED is only open M-F, so nothing transmits over the weekend.

Some “automatic” payments are actually paper checks cut from one bank and sent to another bank. This also causes processing delays. So if you have bills set to pay automatically by your bank to another creditor, they may just be cutting a check and mailing it to the other bank.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
                                  Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
                                  Sun Dragon Koi #3

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 71 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.