fbpx

eBay

Viewing 11 posts - 61 through 71 (of 71 total)
  • Author
    LZ
    Participant

I have been trying for weeks to update my eBay account with a bank account as they require now. Every two days they tell me they cannot verify my bank account. Clearly, no human eyes are working on this effort, as I am never given a reason why it cannot be verified, nor where the issue is. Their live chat help desk never answers. I was on hold on the phone for three hours and gave up waiting.

Looking for...

Sitting young oriental dragon koi gold and white

pipsxlch
      Participant

I got the bank info in (I think- haven’t heard otherwise) but did they ask for your Social Security? Really?!? You people think I’m just sending that over?

VS
        Participant

I’ve a credit card registered with them. It’s been there a while now. No issues then or in the past year despite the changes, and it’s the same card I registered with PayPal (I get instantly notified of any charges on the card too, in case fishy stuff starts). I wonder if their issues aren’t with you so much as which bank or card (since most card companies are bank based) you’re trying to connect. It’s possible they don’t recognize or accept small local banks, or are picky about major ones (I know some big name companies refuse to accept Discover lately, for example).

I don’t see why your SS# should be involved at all either, tho. That’s odd.

etruscan
          Participant

The only reason I can think of for a Social Security number is tax forms. Do they send an end-of-year report of sales to the seller or to the IRS?

LZ
            Participant

They probably do want the SSN (along with a real banking account, not just a credit card) for IRS purposes if you want to list items for sale. Most states now require sales tax to be filed on online purchases. Ebay started automatically collecting sales tax… last year or so, so that people could not get away with not reporting sales tax to their states every year.

I am to the point where they tell me to send them copies of bank statements with amounts crossed out, which I have, and they still reject me with no reason stated, just an “update your bank info or else you cannot sell after Feb 1st!” Where is a human to give me answers. Ugh.

Looking for...

Ela_Hara
              Participant

EXACTLY why I am no longer going to sell on eBay. I’ll sell at good ole yard sales, here on the WS Forum and on our Next Door account. Or I’ll give stuff to Goodwill, Salvation Army, etc. No more selling on eBay for me. Didn’t like the fact that Internet sales are now involved in State taxes either. Money grubbers! They find any and all excuses to grab our hard earned dollars… isn’t this why we had a Boston Tea Party and wrote a Declaration in 1776? Taxes Taxes Taxes…. and Fees is another four letter word for Taxes.

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Courtney
                Participant

I have 100% stopped selling on eBay. Too many strings attached.

I’ve had super good luck selling in the Facebook Windstone page and on here.

The man in black fled across the desert and the gunslinger followed.

LZ
                  Participant

I should complain on here about businesses more often. I got an email this morning saying everything is all good now. If only I had complained about Spectrum here a month ago, then maybe my Spectrum issue would not have taken a month to fix.

Looking for...

Kujacker
                    Participant

I have 100% stopped selling on eBay. Too many strings attached.

I’ve had super good luck selling in the Facebook Windstone page and on here.

Same. It’s more of a hassle now. Unfortunately for me, that means I can now only really sell anything here (which means limited audience), but c’est la vie.
                      What really got me, a number of months ago when I was selling a lot of my collection on ebay, it turns out they charge the same fee price they take from your sold auctions on shipping. Here I am, asking fair shipping costs and ebay is taking not just money from my sale, but also the dollar amount I require to ship said piece?
                      No thanks ebay. Hard pass. Using it to purchase only now.

pipsxlch
                      Participant

Yeah, the fees on shipping expenses ticked me off awhile ago. I try my best to charge exact shipping, it’s an unavoidable expense, what gives them the right to ‘tax’ it? I’m not making any profit on shipping! So you have to overcharge on either the shipping or the item to make what you need/cover the loss. No thank you.

sherry10151982
                        Participant

eBay is a scam but it’s a necessity if you have a lot you need to get rid of that is actually worth something. It used to be better in the old days when you couldn’t be taxed on internet sales. Oh well, such is life.

Viewing 11 posts - 61 through 71 (of 71 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.