fbpx

E-bay "Strike"/ Boycott?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody E-bay "Strike"/ Boycott?

Viewing 10 posts - 76 through 85 (of 85 total)
  • Author
    Bob

purplecat wrote:

geez….everything is always going up in price… πŸ™„ 😯

NOT housing in CA right now

gee that stink’s some of you must live in nowhere land πŸ˜† in ny we have a usps in the mall which is open till 8pm,then there’s the hicksville branch there open till 9pm i think,but the lobby is open till 11:30pm they have a machine now that you can weigh,ship and pay with credit or debit card,and then there’s a big thing like a big mail box to drop the package’s’into,in fact east meadow post office lobby has the machine and i can go there at any time at night all you need is a credit or debit card to get the lobby door to open, you know like you do at the bank πŸ™‚

Jennifer
      Keymaster

Wow, I’ve lived in all sorts of places but I’ve never seen a USPS open past 5pm! o_o You must get some special treatment, being in NYC.

Did you guys notice that UPS’s rates went up on the 1st, also? And they are adding new charges.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
        My art: featherdust.com

Maebnus
        Participant

fauxbird wrote:

gee that stink’s some of you must live in nowhere land πŸ˜† in ny we have a usps in the mall which is open till 8pm,then there’s the hicksville branch there open till 9pm i think,but the lobby is open till 11:30pm they have a machine now that you can weigh,ship and pay with credit or debit card,and then there’s a big thing like a big mail box to drop the package’s’into,in fact east meadow post office lobby has the machine and i can go there at any time at night all you need is a credit or debit card to get the lobby door to open, you know like you do at the bank πŸ™‚

πŸ˜₯ I miss that machine! They have one back in Bellevue, and I don’t think the lobby ever closed. And that’s in an area that only Denny’s stays open 24 hours (even “24-Hour Fitness” closes by 10pm). But is there anything useful like that here on base? NOooooo… we can’t even buy stamps from a machine. We have to go to the window. The people at the window are slow as $*&#, and the military pays them no matter what (oh, and the one Japanese person that they have to put there that you always wonder how much they understand you… cuz it doesn’t seem like they do at all and you wonder if your package will end up in Nigeria or something). Considering people are required to have their packages taped up, labelled, and have their customs forms already filled out, I don’t understand why I have to wait 20 minutes for a stamp.

Urgh… stupid postage rates. I JUST got ahold of some Yoda stamps (well, in a week) and now I’m gonna have to put ugly 2Β’ stamps next to him. NOT cool!

frozendragon
          Participant

Jennifer wrote:

Wow, I’ve lived in all sorts of places but I’ve never seen a USPS open past 5pm! o_o You must get some special treatment, being in NYC.

Did you guys notice that UPS’s rates went up on the 1st, also? And they are adding new charges.

really? What new stuff are they charging for?

Fedex hasn’t announced any yet…but with everyone else doing it….they prolly will soon..

our post offices close at 6pm….

all of them have the machine…and have access to the lobby 24hrs….but not all of them have a big enough drop for packages…it’s weird….

Jennifer
            Keymaster

Weird. There was a poster at the ups dropoff that said rates were going up 3.something% and that there were increased surcharge fees and it said Feb 1st, but I can’t find anything on their site. They increased December 31st though:

http://www.ups.com/rates/surcharges.html
              http://www.ups.com/rates/

Sorry I can’t find more info…

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
              My art: featherdust.com

well im not nyc per-say im long island ny,but you know what they say ny never sleep’s well it’s true 😯 when i was visiting montana i could not believe that most store’s and even some resturant’s are closed on sunday πŸ˜• and yes they are even closed on holiday’s to,new york nothing is ever really closed on holiday’s,now they may close early but then you can alway’s find some place open like say a seven-eleven or chinese food,im thinking thing’s are going up because of gas i don’t think there’s any relief in site for gas price’s πŸ‘Ώ

Setsunawolf
              Participant

fauxbird wrote:

well im not nyc per-say im long island ny,but you know what they say ny never sleep’s well it’s true 😯 when i was visiting montana i could not believe that most store’s and even some resturant’s are closed on sunday πŸ˜• and yes they are even closed on holiday’s to,new york nothing is ever really closed on holiday’s,now they may close early but then you can alway’s find some place open like say a seven-eleven or chinese food,im thinking thing’s are going up because of gas i don’t think there’s any relief in site for gas price’s πŸ‘Ώ

We could be using bio-desil but the oil companies won’t hear of it. You’re right it is the gas prices. The restaurant where I work has had to increase our prices becuase the food costs went up becuase the gas was so expensive.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
                Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
                Sun Dragon Koi #3

pipsxlch
                Participant

Here’s one for Paypal. πŸ˜• I have the debit card, have never had a problem using it. I stopped by Walmarts for some gas and dog food, and it wouldn’t let me pay the $27 with the debit. Huh? Thought I had plenty of money there! So I paid with my regular bank debit, go home and sure enough- there’s almost $200 there. Are they going to restrict usage of the cards now? (I have made a small eBay purchase and paid Kyrin since I last received money [which went fine], but I forgot the Paypal one at home and didn’t use it to ship things a couple days ago. First time I’ve used the card in a couple months)

frozendragon
                  Participant

pipsxlch wrote:

Here’s one for Paypal. πŸ˜• I have the debit card, have never had a problem using it. I stopped by Walmarts for some gas and dog food, and it wouldn’t let me pay the $27 with the debit. Huh? Thought I had plenty of money there! So I paid with my regular bank debit, go home and sure enough- there’s almost $200 there. Are they going to restrict usage of the cards now? (I have made a small eBay purchase and paid Kyrin since I last received money [which went fine], but I forgot the Paypal one at home and didn’t use it to ship things a couple days ago. First time I’ve used the card in a couple months)

they did that to me once too…..for an $8 purchase….but I hadn’t used the card in a month…then bought something at wally world….and tried to use it at another store and it wouldn’t work…and I had almost $600 in there…

I called them…and they gave me an 800 # to call…basically to verify I still had the card….and I was the one trying to use it…

pain in the butt…but just security measures on their part…

Viewing 10 posts - 76 through 85 (of 85 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.