E-bay "Strike"/ Boycott?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody E-bay "Strike"/ Boycott?

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 85 total)
  • Author
    Travistie
    Participant

I just wanted to add something about the $10.00 off coupon some of you guys mentioned. I didn’t get an e-mail about it either, but just saw it in my E-bay mailbox when I logged in. Also, it’s on the homepage of Ebay. Looks like you can just click on REDEEM ME, and it must take you to a code to enter when paying for something.

Lupin
      Participant

I would have the worry if I was a seller about that Fee withholding, especially until I’ve seen it in action, because I’d worry about whether they actually paid me in the time frame they were supposed to or not. And for the most part that’s where I’d see most sellers should be giving feedback for. ie “Buyer waited 21 days to pay me instead of 3 days asked”

Jodi
        Participant

That’s only if your positive feedback percentage drops below a certain number. If you’re 100% (like I am – and I’ve worked hard for it too), you get paid on time.

Andrea
          Participant

Yeah, but it only takes a couple @s**les to bring your rating down enough for it to affect you.

I’m sure if it gets to be a problem, people will just stop using Ebay and then they’ll revise their policies again.

Jodi
            Participant

Phoenix wrote:

Yeah, but it only takes a couple @s**les to bring your rating down enough for it to affect you.

I’m sure if it gets to be a problem, people will just stop using Ebay and then they’ll revise their policies again.

That’s true. And with the new feedback policy, it’s likely to happen.

pipsxlch
              Participant

The feedback thing is a problem. There are buttmunch buyers out there- I’ve dealt with them, and talked with sellers who’ve had to deal with them. The biggest thing to me is the money withholding. Is it even legal? And, I don’t have a good job at the moment. My boss likes to pay as little as possible as often as possible. This means I live paycheck to paycheck usually and that I often can’t afford to ship an item until I have the buyer’s payment in hand. This isn’t fair to the buyer if they have to wait 3 weeks for me to be able to ship, and it isn’t fair to me. (watch the negs roll in! “lousy seller waits almost a month to ship!”)
                I also have 1 neg which was retaliatory. With an overall rating of 300, that gives me a 99.7 or 99.8 rating. So to my understanding I’d have to wait 3 weeks for payment. The neg will be off (1 year old) in April, but basically I am now unable to sell until then- and I have stuff I need to sell (my mother is giving me LOTS of pressure to sell stuff for her, she doesn’t want to open her own account)

While the fees suck, I don’t really have TOO much of a problem with them. Everything costs. And I do rather like the idea of each transaction counting, even with previous partners. While I can see potential for abise, I’ve had sellers that were WONDERFUL that I’ve dealt with several times and am happy to help boost their rating further. And as a seller, I’ve had several people who come back to memultiple times- it would be great for them to help boost me.

Jennifer
                Keymaster

As I’ve read, they only withhold payment if you have a 95% positive or less, so you shouldn’t have a problem.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                  My art: featherdust.com

KoishiiKitty
                  Participant

i’ve been reading into this and asking around some business savvy friends and a few things do smell funny about this. I am going to sit back and watch, this should be interesting.

Purplecat
                    Participant

I’m just watching as well, really I dont use ebay all that much anyway, so that’s all I would be doing in any case. ๐Ÿ™‚

oh im not going to give up my account,and no i dont have a real problem with the fee raise,what i have a problem with is the way they were doing it give you one thing free,but then up the fee of one of the other’s,it will start to add up though isn’t postage going up agian to?as for the feedback part i don’t get why they are making that change to it?make’s no sense at all?don’t get me wrong there can be bad buyer’s and seller’s i have come across both,and yes i have worked very hard for my perfect feedback to โ— i was hearing on another strike talk area that germany got e-bay to listen and the change’s are not going through there.

frozendragon
                      Participant

yup…postage is going up again in May…

not sure what day….

and the feedback thing bothers me…but so far I haven’t gotten any negative…but I think if I do with this new policy….I will throw a fit until they remove it…since they now basically are saying they can and will remove negatives…

Tiffany
                        Participant

i heard from my mail man the rate was going up the day after mothers day, which is may 12th.. he also mentioned they have a plan in the works to raise the rate annually on that day from this year on! ๐Ÿ˜ฏ people were squeaking and griping like crazy in the post office over it, but with the prices going up on everything, what are you going to do?

Purplecat
                          Participant

geez….everything is always going up in price… ๐Ÿ™„ ๐Ÿ˜ฏ

Pegasi1978
                            Participant

That’s why when I buy stamps I buy the “forever” ones that will always work for first class no matter the price changes.

I just wish with these price increases they would get more people working the front counters at the post office. The one on base is awful, but no where near as bad as the one in town. Everytime I go the line is all the way to the front door and there’s only one person at the counter. It’s getting to be as bad as trying to find a check out lane at Wal-Mart! ๐Ÿ˜ก

frozendragon
                              Participant

it’s the same here… we have 4 or 5 where you go in…and at each one the most you will ever find is two people working the counter…but there is always a line to the door and any one of them….

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 85 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.