E-bay "Strike"/ Boycott?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody E-bay "Strike"/ Boycott?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 85 total)
  • Author
    lamortefille
    Participant

Jennifer wrote:

Is this strike just sellers not listing/selling during this time, or are people going to refrain from bidding, too? *worried!!* 🙁

Are you worried because of your own auctions (if any) or Windstone’s? Personally, my bidding will depend on the seller(s). If they list items during that period, I’m assuming they’re either ok with eBay’s changes or need the money. It wouldn’t stop me from bidding on my regular seller’s auctions. Just my 2¢

Jennifer
      Keymaster

lamortefille wrote:

Jennifer wrote:

Is this strike just sellers not listing/selling during this time, or are people going to refrain from bidding, too? *worried!!* 🙁

Are you worried because of your own auctions (if any) or Windstone’s? Personally, my bidding will depend on the seller(s). If they list items during that period, I’m assuming they’re either ok with eBay’s changes or need the money. It wouldn’t stop me from bidding on my regular seller’s auctions. Just my 2¢

I probably shouldn’t say this, but…
        I’ll be 100% upfront- I’m worried for us both. I do not know nor speculate on Windstone’s financial situation, but mine is grim right now. I’m a sole income for my husband and myself and I will admit that I’m worried about my pieces doing well. At this point I am embarrassed to admit that I rely heavily on the outcome of my auctions for my bill and grocery money.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
        My art: featherdust.com

dragonmedley
        Participant

Jennifer wrote:

I’ll be 100% upfront- I’m worried for us both. I do not know nor speculate on Windstone’s financial situation, but mine is grim right now. I’m a sole income for my husband and myself and I will admit that I’m worried about my pieces doing well. At this point I am embarrassed to admit that I rely heavily on the outcome of my auctions for my bill and grocery money.

Why be embarrassed? This is your livelihood!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
          http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
          I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
          http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Setsunawolf
          Participant

Jennifer wrote:

Sounds like a valid concern to me. Nothing to be embarrassed about.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
            Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
            Sun Dragon Koi #3

lamortefille
            Participant

There is no shame in telling the truth. Are you selling ACEOs or other art under your eBay name? If so, can you point me/us to your auctions?

Pegasi1978
              Participant

lamortefille wrote:

There is no shame in telling the truth. Are you selling ACEOs or other art under your eBay name? If so, can you point me/us to your auctions?

I agree. Point us at your auctions!

Skigod377
                Participant

Dang. I just read that and alot of the blog. I think I am gonna close both my ebay and my paypal acct. It may only be a drop in the bucket as a small seller, but geez, I already felt like I was getting gouged by both. Those ebay fees really sneak up on ya.

Jennifer
                  Keymaster

I don’t have any auctions going… I meant the pieces I do that Windstone eBays. 🙂

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com

Travistie
                    Participant

I don’t think the Windstone auctions will suffer from this. There are so many of us that want these special pieces. The strike isn’t going to stop me from bidding on something I really want.

And honestly… Windstone is the only seller on Ebay I have been buying from for the past several months. There are just so many cool things being put up for auction… it is very hard for us collectors to resist them.

lamortefille
                      Participant

I agree with traviste.

Purplecat
                        Participant

If I like something there, I bid…but I do try to dodge selling via ebay already, because of fees. I’d go ahead and keep paypal Ski…alot of stores accept paypal now, it’s how I buy from the store here. 🙂

Azurielle
                          Participant

Personally, I will be keeping my paypal account, since so many web-sites now take, but I will not be doing any more buying or selling on E-bay. This saddens me, as there will now be a lot of things that I no longer having access to, including a lot of windstone auctions, I presume, but for me, and many others it is the principal of the thing. Sellers are now completely at the mercy of buyers, and are risking losing a great deal of the profit to E-bay and Paypal’s deepening pockets. They were already making a ton of money, and this change is just greed. Those of us who use E-bay selling as a source of income will be hurt badly, especially with the rising costs during this tough economic period. I personally hope that many of you who sell windstones will do so through other venues. I’ looked up up some of the news reports to see what other auction/selling sites are becoming available to use. (and yes, this is big enough that a lot of news companies are reporting on it!). Here’s what I found for those interested:

http://www.onlineauction.com/

http://www.ecrater.com/

http://www.ioffer.com/

http://www.ubid.com/

also a couple of petitions against E-bay’s changes:

http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?ebayfee&1

http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?FVF&1

Keeper of the Fledgings

Bob

I HATE yes I said HATE these changes. It has talken me almost 4 years of perfect everything to get my 100% positive feeback and 102 rating. Now all that is going to be erased since most of it is over a year???
                              I was also fuming when I tried to sell my Star Wars poster I posted about here. I was contacted outside e-bay and ended up selling to that buyer since I got no bids. I listed it twice and had to pay for both listings even though it did not sell thru them???
                              If they did not help me sell it why do I have to pay their fees?
                              I don’t log onto evil-bay that much anymore. I will be in SF w/o a computer this weekend and car shopping Monday so I will not be doing any Evil business for some time
                              I did not know about having to wait 21 days for payment that is just INSANE!!

Jennifer
                              Keymaster

Dragon Master wrote:

I HATE yes I said HATE these changes. It has talken me almost 4 years of perfect everything to get my 100% positive feeback and 102 rating. Now all that is going to be erased since most of it is over a year???
                                I was also fuming when I tried to sell my Star Wars poster I posted about here. I was contacted outside e-bay and ended up selling to that buyer since I got no bids. I listed it twice and had to pay for both listings even though it did not sell thru them???
                                If they did not help me sell it why do I have to pay their fees?
                                I don’t log onto evil-bay that much anymore. I will be in SF w/o a computer this weekend and car shopping Monday so I will not be doing any Evil business for some time
                                I did not know about having to wait 21 days for payment that is just INSANE!!

You will not lose your feedback. The new rules say that if any negative or neutral feedback you receive that is over a year old will be removed. Your good feedback will stay.

eBay takes listing fees if an item sells or not because they have to pay for their bandwidth that your auction uses. Your auction uses space on their site even if it does not sell. This is standard for any auction site.

Bob

well I only oaid $10 or $20 to them and liek $10 for the tubes and the person that bought it wsa in Redding so postage was like $10 so that was only like $40. He paid $350 including postege so I still came out ahead but I wsa a bit surprised since I have not ever tried it before. I’m not upset or arguing with it just surprised

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 85 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.